Ending 2 Part 2

The Cha Brothers Part 2

Wednesday

            Around 4:20 am, I carried Sam down the stairs to her room. When I placed her head down on a pillow and covered her in her blanket I saw letter on the night stand. Each one had a name on it; was this her good bye letters? I walked away from them.

            Later around 6, I fixed up breakfast and told everyone Sam wasn’t feeling well when I came home from work. No one questioned me on anything and just continued their day. I came home first and went to the kitchen to see if Sam was here or not. I found the letters on the table. All of them.

            I felt like a sellout.

 

                                                                        1 Year Later

 

            The Company Expanded to Japan, China, U.S., and Canada.

            The Announcement of Jin’s first child gender, a boy, was to be born in four months.

            YoonGi’s engagement announcement was made; his fiancé, a Chinese investor’s second daughter.

            Ho Seok expanded his studio to the U.S., Taiwan, and France.

            NamJoon found his birth father and found he had a younger sister.

            Jimin became a full employee in Ho Seok’s Studio and teaches/overlooks the classes.

            Taehyung had been traveling the world, just being a free spirit.

            Jeung Guk got scouted by a modeling agency and travel around representing his family’s company.

 

 

            V.I.P. Lounge at Cha Incorporated.

 

JM: It feels so good to see you all again! My little brothers, back from God knows where!

HS – Its always great to see any of you.

JK – I missed all my Hyungs.

SJ – It’s great to see you all again. Being together like this is truly a blessing. How are you all? Sleeping well? Eating right? Taking care of yourselves?

YG – I heard your sleeping quiet well Jin Hyung; A baby boy huh?          

*Laughing among the group*

SJ – Yeah, seems to be that way. *blushing*

JM – Any names yet? Isabel isn’t making you go with something French right?

SJ – Not at all. She wants to give him a Korean name.

TH – Like what? She’s not trying to put random pieces of our names together like before? *some laugh some shutter*

SJ – No, she heard the name JeongHan and just fell in love with it. It’s pretty to her.

TH- Oh…

NJ – Well, if he looks like you, then he’ll be pretty, if he looks like her, he’ll be pretty, but if he looks like both of you, just give him a pretty French name.

*everyone laughs*

YG – That’s the curse you’ll be living with Hyung. A pretty son.

HS – YoonGi Hyung you should be worried. Between you and Shi Lei, you better hope you child get all your brains, rather than your looks.

 

            The boys seemed to be doing better. In the last six months their father pasted away giving them all the responsibility of the company. The leading three have taken full control while the other four have decided to go their own route and all are finding success.

 

            While enjoying the time with my brothers, my manager came in. He had a look of urgency on his face so I answered him immediately.

M - There is a man on line 2 saying that you need to come to America immediately.

NJ – A man? Did you get a name?

M – A James Haul.

            My heart, which was mending by time felt like it was cracking again. I hurried out of the lounge and ran to my office. I must have cause a seem because Ho Seok followed me.

            When I got to my office I snatched the phone and hit the blinking ‘Line 2’.

NJ – Hello?

J – NamJoon? It’s been a while.

NJ – I heard it was an emergency. What’s wrong?

J – It’s my sister, NamJoon. She’s gone.

 

            A private jet wasn’t something my family had a hard time finding. It was peace and quiet that seemed to remain missing in our world.

            I had to explain to my brothers that I was taking an emergency trip to the US, of course Jin and Ho Seok followed me but I was grateful for it.

            When we landing, a car was waiting, and took the three of us to the hospital that James was at. The hospital that Sam was to be at. I couldn’t even step foot in the hospital without feeling light headed and almost falling to the floor. Ho Seok caught me.

HS – Come on, we got to do this. You can do this.

            Never have I ever heard Ho Seok’s voice sound so shaky. But he pulled me up and walked with me.

 

            James was waiting by the elevator doors when we came to the floor. My heart was in my throat, making it hard to breath and harder to think.

J – NamJoon.

NJ – James. These are my brothers, Jin and Ho Seok.

J – It’s good to finally see you face to face instead of over the phone. But unfortunately, I have more news to give.

NJ – What? What can possibly be more shocking news than this?

J – Well, my sister gave birth to a child about three months ago.

            The weight of my body just fell, but my legs locked keeping me upright.

J – Sam told me, the child is yours.

            My knees buckled under the weight and everything go hazy. I felt winded and let out a breath that I couldn’t catch. Then darkness.

 

            I woke up in a waiting room with Jin next to me. He was rubbing a cold water bottle on my neck.

NJ – Did I?

SJ – Sure did. Wait, did you what? Just faint? Or find out you have a two-month old son? Because both are a yes.

NJ – What? No, I have to see him.

SJ – It’s already been confirmed.

NJ – What? How?

SJ – You know we can pull string, and I had a doctor in a lab compare blood work charts. The boy is yours.

NJ – The boy is mine? Sam had my child?

SJ – It seems that way.

NJ – Where is Ho Seok?

SJ – Meeting his nephew. What do you want to do? See Sam, or see Junsu?

NJ – Junsu? That’s his name?

SJ – Yeah, it’s what her parents named him.

NJ – My son, Junsu?

            Emotion flooded over me, I was so shocked and in disbelief.

NJ – I need to see Sam.

 

            Seeing her was the hardest thing I ever had to do. James, Jin and I followed a nurse to a floor and down a hall way. We weren’t allowed to go in the room with the her but we could see through a window. They rolled out a body that was cover in a white sheet. The nurse pulled the sheet back just enough to see her face and I fell to my knees in disbelief. James’ face became stone hard as he stared at her. Jin looked away to help me. I sat on the ground, screaming and yelling in pain of the girl I loved.

            She couldn’t be gone. Not when she was so young. Not even in the prime of her life. I thought about the day we spent in the field of flower until the sun went down, and how I admired her smile.

            You never think you’ll be out of time until you are. I can’t have that time back with her, thought I spent the better part of a year, resenting her for leaving us behind.

 

J – Get yourself together!

            He was yelling at me.

J – Before Sam died, she left a note for you and one for Junsu when he was old enough to understand all of this.

            James pulled out the two letters. Both had her hand writing on the front. One listed Dearest NamJoon and the other My Beautiful Child.

SJ – I suggest you read them after you meet Junsu.

            I nodded, wiping my face and pulling myself together.

 

            Outside the room that Sam’s parents stayed at in her final moments, HS stood, rocking back and forth while an older couple surrounded him.

HS – That’s your daddy there.

            Ho Seok cooed. The older coupled moved to the side as I approached my Hyung. He looked up and smile.

HS – He has Sam’s eyes, and nose.

            The tears ran down his face. I looked at the small baby in a onesie and swathed in a small blanket. Carefully, Ho Seok passed him onto me, and I felt like everything that had ever hurt was gone. The small child looked at me and wiggle a little bit. He stuck his tongue out, and made an odd face.

            His dark brown eyes were large like Sam’s but still his in its own way. I didn’t want to let him go, never. Not ever.