The Calm Before The Storm

The Cha Brothers Part 2

            The next morning, YoonGi and NamJoon were home, and after breakfast Jin brought home Ho Seok. WE all got on Ho Seok about how he needs to look after himself better, but I honestly think he already heard it all from Jin. Thankfully I didn’t have to tell him anything since he heard it all. Even Kook told him he was extremely worried.

           

            A few days passed and the only thing that was worth everyone’s time was Jin. Jin was to be sworn into his Father’s place, as President and CEO of Cha Incorporated. YoonGi and Jin had been in the office every day of the week, missing breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nam Joon would leave the house straight after breakfast and be home minutes before dinner. Jimin had been at the office a lot too, but working normal hours. Every now and again Ho Seok would leave early in the morning with his suit on and come home from the studio late at night with a jogging suit on. Tae and Kook were my number one priorities once again.

            I cooked their favorite foods and made sure they left for class on time. Sometimes I would sneak a sweet bread snack into their jacket pockets so they would have a snack in class. It was only for about 4 days, but Kook said he’s been stealing Tae’s.

           

 

            It was a Sunday morning. Everyone was home and tomorrow, Monday, Jin would be sworn into the royal seat. Their father had been staying in the U.S for medical treatment and had told Jin and YoonGi that he will be coming home but staying at a hotel, then heading back to the U.S.

            Breakfast was pancakes with chocolate chips since I told Jin I’d make them special for him.

            Jin, YoonGi, Ho Seok and NamJoon all talked about the ceremony; how things sound be set up, how long the ceremony will take, who is going to be sitting front line and who deserves to sit front line. It was all very interesting. Jimin added in here and there about how was absolute about showing up; he must have knew a thing about the guest list, if ceremonies like that have guest lists.

            “Noona, are you going to go?” I was looking at Kook when he asked but could see that Ho Seok and NamJoon were tuning in.

            “Well it’s for important people only isn’t it?” I asked and he grinned.

            “Sam your pretty important to us.” Jimin added and I felt my face blush up.

            “Father has a spot reserved for Sam in-between Tae and Jimin.” YoonGi added and everyone but Jin looked shocked.

            “W-what?” I asked almost chocking on my glass of water.

            “Father requested it.” YoonGi answered again.

            “Why?” I couldn’t wrap my head around it.

            “Yeah why is she sitting in… Ohhhh.” NamJoon started but then got something I didn’t. Then everyone had a look of realization.

            “What? What don’t I get?” I asked looking at everyone. Jimin looked at me and smiled.

            “Your our sister, remember?”

            “Well, she’s YOUR sister.” Ho Seok said.

            “Yeah, she’s Jin, YoonGi, Jimin, Tae, and Guk’s sister.” Everyone shook their heads and laughed.

            “Who knows. I might end up being a sister to both of you.” I joked.

            “OHH!” Jimin, Tae and Kook yelled in sync. YoonGi was laughing so hard that I thought his porcine skin would crack into a undying smile, while Jin was covering his face while he laughed hysterically. Then I found in these moments, my happiness. The boys began to go back and forth with each other and I found myself truly happy to be here. Sitting at the end of a table with chocolate chip pancakes in front of me and my 7 favorite people in my life. The Pink Prince, The Motionless Man, J-Hope, God of Destruction, Dooly, Little Alien, and Kookie; The seven weirdo’s that I was so blessed to have.

 

            A few hours later, Kook called me over to the back hall.

            “What’s up Kook?” he looked nervous.

            “I want to talk to Ho Seok about his… story.”

            “Tonight?” I asked kind of loud and he jumped for me to quiet down. “Oh, sorry.” I whispered. “Why tonight?”

            “The anxiety is literally killing me.” He said and I placed my hand on my forehead and sighed.

            “What do you want me to do?” I gave in.

            “Can you get Jin and Ho Seok into the library?” he gave me puppy dog eye’s and a grin. I sighed, and let my shoulders fall in. “Thanks Noona.” He ran into the library.

            I went back into the living room, and looked at the six of seven brothers sitting there. I sighed and called Jin over to the front door.

            “What’s up?” he looked at me slightly concerned but more so just wondering what was going on.

            “Um, Kook want to talk to you and Ho Seok.” He gave me a look that clearly looked as if he said he didn’t know why he was being told this from me. “In the library.” I added then he made the connection.

            “Oh, okay. I’ll call Ho Seok, you go to Guk.”

            “Thanks.” I said and headed for Kook.

 

            “What’s all this?” Ho Seok said coming into the library behind Jin. Jin sat on the desk, and I was standing by Kook. Ho Seok took the chair next to Kook.

            “Well, this is all for Jeung Guk.” Jin said and passed the attention to him. It was quiet for a moment.

            “I want to know your story.”

            “What?” Ho Seok huffed a laugh.

            “Your adoption story, Ho Seok.” Kook confirmed.

 

            The room was quiet once more. Jin was looking at the ground, he was there to make sure no one truly lost their temper or anything out of line is said. I was there as support for Kook.

            “Why?” Was Ho Seok’s only response. He didn’t seem upset at all.

            “It would give me peace of mind to know about all my hyungs.” Ho Seok poked his tongue against his check and then nodded. He looked at Jin, who gave him a gesture to say what he wanted.

            “Kook, listen, my story isn’t some woman was young and stupid, or she made a bad decision and mother saved her. It was a tragedy of what happened to my biological mother.” I could see he seriousness in Ho Seok’s eyes, and when I looked at Kook, his pulse was beating out his neck a million miles an hour.

            “I have to interject for this moment.” Jin added. “Kook, Ho Seok’s story is maybe the hardest to listen to out of all of us. Are you sure you want to proceed?” We all looked at the kid, he was having an inner discussion, fighting with himself about what was going to happen next.

           “Yes.” He answered. “I want to know.”

            “Well, then, go ahead and tell your story Ho Seok.” Jin sat back and listened.

            “Okay then.” Ho Seok started. “One late night in Seoul a woman was walking home from work, and she didn’t know there was someone following her.” I felt my heart drop when he spoke his words, I knew were this was going and I felt truly heart broken to know this. “The woman was attacked, and . She wen to the police and they investigated it. The found CCTV footage that showed the attack but to no prevail, they couldn’t find the man.

            “Eight months went by and the woman was pregnant with her first child. She didn’t want it, but she couldn’t do anything about it. Again she was walking alone but this time it was early in the morning, maybe around 6 or 7am, and she heard someone following her. Immediately she called the police, and when they got to her she was nearly dead. Nearly. The stress from the second attack caused her to go into labor. She got to the hospital in time to have the baby.

            “Nurses asked her if she wanted to see the baby but she refused. The refused to even look at the child. She went crazy; kicking, screaming, yelling. But then a woman was there, and consoled the woman.” Ho Seok’s lips broke into a slight smiled. 'And from then on, I was known as Cha Ho Seok, third son of Cha Incorporated.”

           

            We joined the rest of the guys in the living room. Things seemed normal. Easy. Just like any other day again. Kook enjoyed hearing his brothers stories and I felt a sort of connection with all of them when I hear it from them themselves. When 10:30 rolled around we all got ready for bed, the next morning was going to be busy and there was no time to be tired.

            After I showered I was shocked to see Kook in my room sitting on my bed.

            “Kook, what are you doing?” I questioned him. I was already in my pajamas, just drying my hair.

            “I honestly don’t know.” He answered with his smiled. “Can I spend the night in here?” he asked and it threw me off big time. I opened my mouth but then closed it. He was wearing matching blue and white plaid pajamas already so I guess he wasn’t taking no for an answer.

            “Okay.”

 

            It wasn’t weird, it actually felt like I was sleeping with my little brother. He cuddled up under my arm on his said and almost immediately fell asleep. I played gently in his hair as he took easy and smooth breathes in and out. So cute, and small but bigger then me; like a lion cub that not really a cub anymore but still.

            I closed my eyes and felt at ease with everything, there was nothing weighing my mind. Nothing I was worried about and it felt good. For once life just felt easy for me.