An Innocent Pup

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            “What’s going on?” I asked as Tae too the tray away from me and brought it over to Kook. Kook took the cup and drank it slowly. He took another bite out of the sweet bread.

            “We’re just hanging out, and I’m filling Kook in about what happened.” Tae answered. “How are things after we left?” I sighed and sat on the ever end of the bed at Kook’s feet.

            “Well, I had to answer some questions but they were all factual. After that I brought the tea up for Kook. I heard NamJoon talking as I went up the stairs.”

            “Okay, then things should be easing up? Right?” Kook asked and looked at me and Tae. Tae shook his head.

            “Ho Seok and Jin really got into it this time, and father is thinking about calling off the proposals.”

            “What?” Kook jumped nearly spilling the hot liquid all over his bed sheets. He looked at me. “Sam! What’s going to happen?”

            “Kook, relax, we don’t know yet but the best thing to do is just relax.” I reassured him, but honestly I didn’t know what was going to happen. Tae was going to start working at the company now and after Jin gets married, Isabel will home to help Kook with everything. Would there be a need for me to stick around now?

            It’s not even the fact that I’m not good enough for them, but the complete opposite. Their father doesn’t think his sons are good enough for me, well at least not Ho Seok is too narcissist, and NamJoon works too much and can’t find the balance.

            “Did YoonGi really say he doesn’t see you as a woman?” Kook asked me, I nodded and gave a frown. “What does that mean?”

            “It means he’s not very attracted to her.” Tae tried to use his big brother wisdom.

            “W-What?” Tae and I looked at each other, Kook’s innocence was amazing, especially at his age.

            “Kook, Sam is your Noona, just like to her, YoonGi is her Oppa. Get it?”

            “Kind of.” He answered. Good he was making progress. “Sam would you marry YoonGi?” I swallowed hard.

            “Sam wasn’t raised the same way we were Kook, in America they marry for love, when here we can marry for love, and for business.”

            “Oh…” he answered back and finished his now less then warm tea. “the tea was actually really good Sam.” Tae took the cup from him and placed it back on the tray I brought up.

            “Are you going to come back up?” Tae asked as I took the tray from him and headed for the door. He was following up behind me, I stopped at the door.

            “I don’t know; it depends what’s going on down there.” He nodded.

            “Well, I’m going to make sure he gets to sleep properly. So goodnight.”

            “Goodnight Tae.” I said, then looked around him. “Goodnight Kook.”

            “Night, Noona.”

 

            Down stairs the conversation seemed to have still been going strong. Their Father was just letting them argue it out.

            “There will be plenty of time to talk when I’m spending all my time with her. When she cooks dinner, when I go to sleep and wake up next to her, when we go on vacation- “

            “Ho Seok, do you even hear the words coming out of your mouth?” NamJoon sounded irritated. “Have you even spent a little time with her?”

            “Yeah, I bought her shoes to match mine, and my name on a necklace for her.”

            “Just because your name is on it doesn’t mean it belongs to you!” NamJoon’s voice was raised slightly louder than his hyung, but when he saw me in the door way he took a breath and relaxed in his chair. Jin saw me and left his place at the table.

            I took the tray to the sink and placed the cup inside.

            “How is Kook?” he asked quietly, NamJoon and Ho Seok still going at it. NamJoon making the point that his brother was selfish but Ho Seok countering with how disrespectful his younger brother’s tone was in front of their father.

            “He’s okay. I think he has a sweet bread stash in his room.”

            “Hmm, he did spend quite a bit of time in his room today after NamJoon scolded him.” I nodded. “I’ll let father know when things…” he looked over, seeing both his brothers glaring at each other in silence.

            “I totally get it.” I answered for him.