Ho Seok!!

The Cha Brothers Part 2

Dinner was a very delicious sea weed soup that was packed with flavor but easy for Ho Seok. He ate in silence and seemed to be very happy with how the food settled.

            “Hyung?” Kook asked, but only Jin answered.

            “Yeah?”

            “Do you know what your fiancé’s name is?” and everyone looked over. Maybe out of curiosity. Jin, took a deep breath in and looked at his brothers who looked back at him.

            “Yeah.” He ate some rice. The tension in the room was more then what I was used to. “Would you like to know?” he asked putting down his spoon and looking at everyone.

            “Yes!” Jimin said.

            “Her name is-”

            “Isabel Rhox.” YoonGi said, he was the only one who was relaxed about the situation. “She’s a French ambassador’s daughter.” Kook fell back in his chair.

            “Wow.” He said and looked at YoonGi.

            “You researched her didn’t you?” Jin asked YoonGi and a smiled broke over his face.

 

            After dinner things seemed to be going as normal as usual, I helped Kook with the dishes.

            “Do you think she’s pretty?” Kook asked and I immediately knew he was talking about Isabel.

            “Of course.” I answered. “Your father would only pick a princess for a prince.” I said jokingly but Kook’s laughter was infatuating.

            “I hope she knows Korean.”

            “She’ll probably speak English best.” I answered him, and he frowned. “Your English has gotten better, so don’t fret on the maybe’s just yet.”

           

            We finished the dishes then I cleaned up the rest of the kitchen. I wiped down the table and swept the floors. All the guys but Ho Seok were in the living room watching some game show. Kook and Jimin were the most into it, and made their brothers laugh the most.

            “Hey, Sam?” Nam Joon called me as I turned out the lights in the kitchen. I turned to him. “Do you think you can check on Ho Seok?” I nodded and made my way up the stairs.

 

            Nam Joon, asking me to check on Ho Seok, it was weird but he wasn’t feeling that good. He shouldn’t have drunk so much. I huffed to myself about until I realized I was standing outside his door. I nocked twice and opened the door to peak in.

            “Ho Seok?” I whispered and saw him lying on the bed. His back was to me and he wasn’t under the covers, but he was rolled into a ball. I the lights and he didn’t stir. “Ho Seok?” walking over to his bed I saw that his clothes were wet, he was sweating profusely. “Oh no.” I turned him onto his back. His face was drenched with sweat and his hair was stuck to his face. “Ho Seok?” I shook him gently but he didn’t answer, I felt his forehead and knew something was wrong. I turned for the door but I was snatched back by my wrist.

            “I’m okay.” He said, in deep hard breathes. His eyes weren’t even open, but he was sitting up by being propped up on his other arms elbow. His mouth was open as he took his breaths.

            “Ho Seok, let me help you. You’re really sick.”

            “Sam,” he called my name and my heart trembled for a moment. He fell back on the pillow and rolled over again. What was I supposed to do? Just let him sit here and suffer and hope he gets better? Or tell Jin and have him admitted?

            “Jin!” I called as I made my way to the door, and before I knew it, Jin was meeting me at the top of the stairs, his eyebrows narrowed and NamJoon and YoonGi behind him. “Ho Seok is really sick.” I said and he moved right past me. Nam Joon stayed by my side but YoonGi followed Jin into Ho Seok’s room.

            Nam Joon placed his hand on my shoulder and I looked at him.

            YoonGi came out the room on the phone. His face was harsh.

            “What’s going on?” NamJoon asked and then Jin came out the room with Ho Seok on his shoulder. Immediately NamJoon took Ho Seok’s other shoulder.

            “We’re taking him to the Hospital.” Jin said. “YoonGi is calling for a room. Sam, can you stay her with the others?”

            “Yeah of course.”

 

            When the others saw Ho Seok, they were shocked. Tae wanted to go but Jin said no. Tae and Ho Seok were close but for some reason Jin didn’t want Tae to tag along for Ho Seok. Then again, Ho Seok might have asked Jin not to let anyone else come along, just like he told me he was fine.

 

            Time started to pass, about two hours to be exact. No call from Jin, no call from YoonGi, and no call from NamJoon. It was hitting around 1am when Tae finally began to lose it.

            “I’m calling them.” he said going to the kitchen with his phone out. I sat next to Kook who was dosing off. Jimin was on the other couch watching Kook, it made him giggle now and again.

            “Kook you can go to bed, I’ll come tell you if something happened.” He half consciously nodded then dragged himself to the stairs. Jimin wasn’t far behind to make sure he made it up the stairs completely.

            “I’ll make sure he makes it to HIS bed.” Jimin said, and I nodded. I followed Tae into the kitchen and sat on the counter next to the fridge as Tae sat at the island counter. He was frustrated; he kept tapping his fingers on the counter and bit his lips.

            He threw he phone down on the counter, startling me. He shoved his face into his hands and sighed. It must have been very difficult for him, he didn’t like not knowing Ho Seok wasn’t okay and he wasn’t there. We sat in silence for a moment, then the phone began to ring. Before Tae could give whoever a chance to hear the second ring, he answered it.

            “Hyung?” he answered. All I heard was a voice on the other end talking, not able to make out any words. But from seeing Tae relax then the look of disappointment come around I knew something was up. “Okay, I’ll tell Jimin know.”

            “Let me know what?” Jimin said coming around the corner. “News on Ho Seok?” I nodded to him. Jimin came around the counter island and sat next me.

            Tae agreed to some more things then hung up.

            “What’s going on?” I asked.

            “How’s Ho Seok?” Jimin questioned.

            “Umm.” He started. “He was sick from exhaustion and stress, then the drinking and hang over made his body weaker causing a fever.” I shook my head. Stupid Ho Seok! Why would you drink so much?! I rolled my eyes. “So, he’s on an IV and can come home when the IV is empty and his fever is gone.”

            “Good Greif!” Jimin yelled then sighed. “At least we can go to bed knowing he’s okay.” I nodded to him at that note, and we all headed to bed.