Late Night Talks

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            Walking down the aisle. Everyone is dressed in white, faces I never seen before watching me. I look to my right to see Jin walking with me. I looked up to the alter. Someone was standing there, who? I tried to see but Jin caught my attention. He stopped and took my hand in his, then handed me to the person standing in front of me now. I couldn’t tell who it was. His face was all blurry, I blinked continuously to try and get my eyes to adjust.

            Each time I blinked the face would change between Ho Seok, NamJoon and TaeHyung. The switching figure lifter my hand and placed a silver ring on my finger and in all tree voices said,

            “You are now, mine.”

           

            I jumped forward, breath into my lungs, eyes wild. I was in my room. My room in the Cha house. My clothes were wet with sweat and my face felt cold. I laid back down to relax myself. What was I going to do?

            I cracked my door open and listened for any voices. I didn’t hear any. I tip toed out to the living room and found that all the lights were off and I was alone down stairs. I entered the kitchen and saw the clock on the stove said 11:48 pm. How long did I black out for? 3-4 hours? I sat on the bar stool in the kitchen and tried to collect my thoughts.

            Marriage, and only after YoonGi marries. That means I’ll be engaged to whomever for 2 or more years. What if it doesn’t work out, will I just leave? I need to think of those I’ll be hurting too. I sighed to myself.

            “Feeling better?” I jumped and turned to see YoonGi behind me in the door way of the kitchen.

            “You scared me,” I answered him, he came around the other side of the island and looked at me with a smirk.

            “Thinking of your answer?” I nodded to him. “Well, I told them that springing this question on you is going to end badly.”

            “I don’t know what to do, what to think.”

            “I know. Your over whelmed, and this isn’t how they do things in American, barely how they do things here.” He patted my head and got something out of the fridge. A banana juice box. “The girl Jin is marring isn’t much older than Jimin, and the girl I’m marring isn’t much older than you right now. I just wish I actually liked her enough to purpose to her.” YoonGi was dealing with his own inner struggle. Not even having love the girl he’s marring, and I had the chance to love all three of my suitors, and get to know them personally.

            “I’m sorry, this must be harder for you.” He looked at me and shook his head no.

            “My life has been decided when it comes to marriage, you on the other hand, have the chance to decided who you love.”

            “But I don’t know who I love.”

            “You know; you just don’t know who you love enough to be selfless for.” He finished his drink, threw it away then exited the kitchen. “Goodnight.” He called form the living room.

            “I don’t know who I love enough to be selfless for?” I said to myself. Selfless, who I would put before myself? I would put them all before myself. It just so happens that I have been the one everyone else was selfless for. I rubbed my head and felt tired again.

 

            I turned the lights off in the kitchen and headed back to my room, but a figure standing by my door startled me.

            “Sam?” it was Tae. “Can… can we talk?”