Someone Came Home

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            Why did he have to say that? Let me play. It instantly reminded me of Tae and our almost encounter. He sat up for a moment and took his shirt off, tossing it to the floor. Oh my god. His fingers gently my face and he reached for the bottom on my shirt. My hands gripped his wrist so fast he flinched when he looked at me.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “No. No way.” I shuddered. His smiled crooked slightly.

            “Sam, why are denying what you and I both want?” I scooted back against the head bored, making distance between us, I pulled my legs up to my chest. “Sam, I can give you everything you ever wanted.” He said slowing approaching me, and placing his hand on my knee.

            “Ho Seok, think about what can happen if we do this.” I pushed his hand away from my knee. He smiled and chuckled lightly.

            “You think I wouldn’t take responsibility for you?”

            “What? Wait what are you talking about?” I asked confused and he looked away again, he dropped his head and gave me a smile.

            “Sam, I have decided that the moment you say yes to me, I’ll waste no time to make a family. The whole world will know- “

            “HO SEOK!” I said, it was lightly louder then intended.

            “Sam?” He smiled.

            “That’s not what I was talking about! Think of your brothers!”

            “What about them?”

            “Jin and YoonGi need to get married before I want to even think of an answer for either of you. Doing this, this right now, and seeing is to how you want to start a family asap, would look horrible!” I stood up and began to pace the room. “I wouldn’t want to do that to NamJoon either! And your father! Your father would…”

            “Would be pissed but happy.” Ho Seok said laying on his back on my bed. Skin bare and breathing easy. “You over think things Sam. In the end, every woman’s dream is to be married to their prince and have babies and live happily.”

            “Ho Seok, your thinking like a jackass right now.”

            “Cursing at me already sweetheart?” he swung his legs over the side of the bed halting me. He smiled his mischievous smile, with his hand on his knee. I was starting to get upset with his outlook on how things were supposed to go. I don’t know if I even want to marry either of them. Being rushed into bed with one of them now was even more unsettling. “Sam, just come here and let me show you what you’ll have for the rest of your life with me.”

            “I think you should go to your room, and maybe we can talk about this tomorrow.” He stood up and gave me a disappointed look.

            “Really?” his voice was dark. He walked past his shirt that sat on the floor and swung the door open but froze like a statue. He looked like all the air in his body had been out, and his face dropped and went pale.

            “Ho Seok?” I asked coming around to see… Oh no.

            “Kitchen, right now. Both of you.” His face was hard, harder than the first time I heard him talk to his sons about the future of the company. My eyes instantly began to tear up, why? I hate crying, especially in situations like this. Mr. Cha, walked away, headed for the kitchen, and behind him was Jin. He looked angry, extremely angry.

            “H-hyung.” Ho Seok said low. Jin, in the most unnaturally fast way, grabbed Ho Seok by the back of the neck and pulled him out of my room. “Hyung! Please! Ahh! Ahhhh!” He groaned as he went with Jin.

            I was still frozen in place. Terrified about what was going to happen next.

            “Sam.” Jin called and I snapped back. I rushed out my room and to the kitchen.

 

            It was a family meeting. Jin, YoonGi, Ho Seok, NamJoon, Jimin, Tae, and I. Where was Kook?

            “Sam, sit down.” Mr. Cha said and I did so. I didn’t dare look up to make eye contact, I felt too embarrassed and didn’t want him to steal my sole threw my eyes. “I know your all wondering why I’m home at such a time. I came home to help with the wedding planning. I’ll be setting mostly financial support, but I have come home to find disappointment in behavior. I thought I raised some of you better.”

            I swallowed, my hands were sweating and my leg was shaking.

            “How was your health been?” Jin asked, the tension was relieved slightly.

            “I’ll stay alive until all of you are married off and living happily.” Mr. Cha looked at all of us. “Where is Jeung Guk?”

            “He said he wasn’t feeling well after dinner.” Tae answered. I looked up.

            “I should take him some mint tea.” I said low but not low enough.

            “After we talk.” I felt my stomach drop. I nodded. “I heard majority of the conversation the two of you had.” Mr. Cha said and I felt NamJoon look at me, his face must have held so much confusion. “Sam seems to have her head on straight. You think about the situation you’ll put those around you before you act. Paring you with someone as irresponsible as Ho Seok seem like cruel and unusual torture. But seeing is to how NamJoon is always working and translating for his brothers, maybe neither of them are fit for you.”

            “Father?” Jin asked.

            “This is very unfortunate.” Mr. Cha said and sighed. “Maybe you should be married off to YoonGi.”

            “WHAT!?” Ho Seok said, stand so fast that his chair flew to the floor behind him. His teeth were grinding and his knuckles going white. “This is between ME and NamJoon!”

            “Sam is not a prize to be won!” Mr. Cha said loudly with his booming voice. “When will you realize that?” Ho Seok’s fist loosened and stood there. He fixed his chair and sat down, but was a bit away from the table. “YoonGi, what is your take on Sam?” YoonGi, with his emotionless eyes looked at me, and then back to his father.

            “I honestly don’t see Sam as a woman.”

            “Fair enough.” Their father answered.

            “You say she’s not a prize, yet you offer her up to another son? Unbelievable.” Ho Seok huffed. That’s when his fist hit the table, but it wasn’t Mr. Cha’s, it was Jin’s.

            “You really don’t get it do you? Father isn't just passing her along like that, he’s trying to find us all someone who is going to strengthen us, and help push us forward. It’s crazy to say, but Sam is everything Mother was. She cares about each and every one of us, not just the ones who she can benefit from. And even then, she doesn’t use herself to get what she wants, otherwise she’d have slept with you already.”

            The tension in the room only needed one straw of hay to break everyone’s back. I took myself from the table and began to prepare mint tea for Kook.

            “What about you then? If Sam is such a catch, why don’t you marry her?” Ho Seok spat back.

            “As the oldest, I have my duties.”

            “Bull ! You’re just doing what’s good for you!” Ho Seok’s temper was coming out, his vein in his neck ready to explode with each word he said.

            “What do you even know about Sam?” Jin yelled back to match his out of line younger brother. “Do you know her birthday?” his voice was back to a normal tone. “I know my Isabel’s. Do you know where she was born? Isabel, was born in Lyon, France. What about how she was raised? Isabel went to an all-girls school for 8 years. With 24-hour security being raised like royalty.” It was silent. Their father didn’t even make a sound. “NamJoon.” Jin said and his brother looked at him. “When is Sam’s birthday?”

            “May 4.” He didn’t hesitate.

            “Where was she born?”    

            “Sacramento, California.”

            “What was her upbringing like?”

            “Private prep school for 14 years as the youngest of two children, in a middle class family.”

            “Do you see now?” Jin stopped with the questions and went back to Ho Seok. “The most you know is she’s and American girl named Sam.”

            “YoonGi, Taehyung, Jimin.” Their father spoke and the three left the kitchen. I continued to prepare for Kookie. The three left the kitchen, but it was extremely quiet and eerie.

           

            When the water was finally hot enough, I began to boil the mint leaves, and tea bags.

            “Sam, I don’t want to interrupt you too much while you prepare for my Jeung Guk, but can you answer some questions for me?” Mr. Cha asked.

            “Yes.”

            “Can you tell me all the boy’s birthday’s in order?” I looked at him and he looked at me, I made eye contact with Jin and he nodded.

            “Okay… Jin December 4, YoonGi March 9, Ho Seok February 18, NamJoon September 12, Jimin October 13, Tae December 30, Kook September 1.”

            “Thank you. Please take the tea to Kook and tell him I’ll be right up to check on him.”

            They didn’t speak the last two minutes I was down there with him. Only when I was walking up the stairs with the hot drink on a tray, did I hear the sounds of NamJoon talking. I didn’t want to sit and eavesdrop, Kook maybe having something serious.

            I approached the door, and knocked. The door opened and Tae was standing there, and behind him was Kook sitting in bed with a sweet bread pastry in his mouth.

            “Welcome to the party.” Tae said letting me in, with his big smile.

 More in a few hours ; got sick and am bindge writin :3