Little Old Woman & Her Dog

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            Wednesday:

            In seven days I will be going back to America.

 

            “How did everyone sleep last night?” Jin asked coming to the table last. Breakfast was simple; eggs, rice, and spicy porridge.

            “Slept well Hyung.” Jimin announced, he looked well rested. On the other hand, Kook and Tae just dragged themselves out of bed and were still half asleep. YoonGi, Ho Seok and NamJoon were fully awake and dressed for a company meeting they were attending later. Jin, also in his suit, just looked around at all his brothers with caring eyes.

            “Good. Very Good. Let’s eat.” After his first bite, Jin looked at me. “It’s delicious Sam. Thank you.” I smiled my thanks to him.

            “Thank you Noona!” Kook yelled out loud. YoonGi and Jimin laughed at his sudden burst of energy.

 

            I cleaned up the kitchen after breakfast and decided today I was going to wash everything. Wash clothes, shoes, dishes, windows, mirrors, you name it’s going to be cleaned today.

            I got a hair tie and braided my hair back and wrapped it in a big sloppy bun. Tied a bandanna around my forehead and rolled up my sleeves. I was looking at myself in the mirror; I looked stupid making karate kid poses, telling myself today I was going to be busy and not dwell on my last days. My last days. I sighed to myself thinking about it.

            In the laundry room, I had every washer going, and when the dryers go full, I hung the ‘non dryer safe’ stuff outside. I took every dish, glass, cup, silver wear, Tupperware, pot, and pan out of the cabinets and deep scrummed it, even cleaned the inside of the cabinets too.

 

            When everything was finished it was around 5 pm. The laundry had been put away, every cooking tool had been cleaned thoroughly and my hands felt raw from the hot water and scrubbing. I sat in my room, alone with my clothes in neat stacks. The last few months I was living here, I wondered about my belongings from my old apartment, but Jin had cleared up that he sold my furniture. I wasn’t upset in the slightest, but he assured me that the money had been included in my paycheck.

            My paycheck. I hadn’t checked my bank account in so long, I don’t think I ever checked it since I started working for them. I grabbed my phone and went to my bank account app and put my information in. My jaw dropped, and closed my phone immediately, throwing in on my bed. A little over ten million dollars sent my heart into an ecstatic rhythm.

            I remembered that I had been given a black credit card as well, and my head felt it was flowing away. I found myself sitting in the floor of my room leaning against my bed.

            I felt like this was dangerous; sitting in a quiet house, alone, with my thought. I had to get out of the house. I got dressed, grabbed my phone and wallet and left the house. I walked for about twenty minutes before I realized I felt no relief. My mind felt heavy and at the same time, like I was drifting away. Like I was in a boat in the middle of the ocean; good I’m in a boat, but holly I’m still in the ocean; stranded. Lost. Just drifting with what the water wants now.

            I kept walking, just trying to escape this feeling. Nothing is truly holding to stay with the Cha family, I’m not obligated and there are thousands of girls who would kill for my position; so why should I feel like I have to stay? Was it because I knew I’d be hurting the ones I care about deeply? The one’s who took care of me when I literally had no family to reach out to in a moment’s notice. I sure as hell didn’t have the money either.

            Could you live with yourself knowing you abandoned them?

            I lived remembering I left my family for Jian.

            And look where that got you; with people who love you like real family.

            I’m grateful for them, but I need to see my parents and my actual brother.

           

            A vibration in my hoodie pocket took me from my inner thought battle.

            “Hello?” I answered almost like a zombie.

            “Sam? Are you alright? Where are you?” it was Tae, he sounded upset.

            “I’m okay, don’t worry.”

            “Don’t worry?” he huffed. “It’s almost 10 o’clock at night! Where are you?” I looked up, it was night time, the street lights were on and I was walking aimlessly down a street. I was looking around but didn’t recognize the area. “Sam?” Tae called again.

            “I didn’t know where I am. I went for a walk, and now…” he sighed. It sounded like he took the phone away from his face and was talking to someone else. Maybe Jin, or YoonGi.

            “Do you see a road or anything?” I looked but didn’t see any cars, or stop lights.

            “I think I’m in a housing development.” I kept walking. A woman walking a small dog were coming up the street. “I see someone walking.”

            “What?”

            “I’m going to ask for directions.”

            “Wait, Sam.” But I took the phone from my face.       

            “Excuse me, ma’am?” I called and the woman looked at me. She was a little old lady and her dog was a little old puppy; it was kind of refreshing.

            “Yes? Can I help you?” her voice was strong, like her outer image was just a masquerade.

            “Yes, I’m looking for the nearest main street?”

            “Oh dear it’s too late for you to be headed anywhere now.”

            “W-what?” I said low and heard Tae calling for me to answer my phone. “TaeHyung, I’m talking to someone.”

            “Come to my house, I’ll get you some tea, and you can call for a friend to get you. How does that sound?” I was speechless, this old woman and her dog were so nice. I brought my phone to my ear.

            “Umm… I’m going to walk this nice lady home then send you her address.”

            “Are you serious?” he asked, then I heard someone on the other end. It sounded like Ho Seok. They talked as I walked with the woman. She hummed a nice tune and her little dog was keeping the same pace as her.

            “Sam.” It was Jimin now. “Ho Seok is coming to get you, he has your-” the phone cut out. Call Disconnected popped up on the screen. Oh well.

            “So are your parents foreign?” the woman asked.

            “Y-yeah. My father is American and my mother is Japanese.” That the first time I smiled talking about my parents since I talked to NamJoon about my home. “My brother and I, of course were born in America, and I came here with a friend about a year ago.”

            “Only a year ago? Your Korean is extremely good. I remember when I met a man from Russia. His Korean was so horrible but I loved walking around on his arm. Everyone looked so jealous.” I couldn’t help but giggle with her. “But that was years ago, and I’ve learned that looks aren’t everything.” Her heart seemed as ease, as she smiled as she walked.

            She had a little house, nothing too fancy or too complicated looking. It had a small yard with a small garden in the front. He dog got some energy and began wagging its tail happily the closer we got to the front door.

            “Sam!” I turned to see Ho Seok walking down the street with his phone in hand. He looked angry but didn’t approach us in any threating manner. The woman turned and saw the confrontation.

            “What a handsome young man.” I turned to her and she went over to Ho Seok. “Are you here to pick up your friend?”

            “Umm, yes. We-”

            “Come in! Come in and have tea!” she grabbed his hand and dragged him into her home. I followed behind them. It was strange, like I understood that she very much wanted interacting with other people. Maybe that’s why I followed her and her little dog.

 

 

Hey guys! Yeah im going to break down the last chapter into 3 and then the endings will be uploaded all at once!! sooo. perpare for the feels!! There will be 4 endings and one will have two parts in the chapter!! UGH! Im so excited for this!! i hope you guys are too! This was such a long journey and i really love the support! I love you guys soo much! More to come!