The Kitchen

The Cha Brothers Part 2

The next few days, Kook focused in his school work, Tae did too. I found out that their father had actually left for china after my little episode after his sons popped the question. I felt bad for not seeing him off with his sons. But I made sure the boys were fed, and those who still were attending classes were getting their work done. Kook didn’t ask Ho Seok about his adoption, but I think he was nervous about it. But I know he didn’t want to go straight to NamJoon because he didn’t want to disrespect this older brother.

            It was a Saturday morning and Jin and YoonGi went to the office, Ho Seok had went to the Gym with Jimin. NamJoon was taking the day to sleep in, while Tae and Kook were attending class. I was just home with the sleeping boy. It was around 11 when I started to was some peaches off. I made sure to be extremely gentle to not buries them. After rinsing them I placed them all in large bowl, and put the bowl in the refrigerator. Then started on making some rolls for when Ho Seok and Jimin get home. They’ll be sore and hungry, so some spicy rice rolls would be good for them. I the rice cooker and heard NamJoon coming down the stairs. I hurried and got him a peach out of fridge. When he entered the kitchen doorway, I greeted him with a smile but he greeted me in a different way.

            NamJoon’s hair was all messy, going every which way, and his clothes consisted of a regular black t-shirt and grey sweat pants. His socks were black too but that wasn’t the thing that shocked me. It was what was very precisely outlines by his grey sweat pants. It wasn’t complete erected, but it was making its presence known. My face went hot as he took the fruit from my hands.

            “Thank you.” He said, and sat at the table. His lips pushed up against the pink fruit and his eat dug in. the juice spilled down his lips to his chin. I swallowed hard and looked away. “What did you do today?” he asked.

            “Oh… um. I made breakfast as usual and cleaned up, but since only your home for lunch I won’t make anything big.” I heard him the juice from the peach and shivered. “I um, was washing the peaches.” He answered with a hum. I went back over to the fridge to get out the other ingredients to make the spicy crab rolls for his brothers.

            “What are you doing now?” he asked and another slurp gave me chills. “What are you making?”

            “I’m making rolls for when your brothers get back from the gym.” I was messing around in the fridge for a few moments looking for the spice sauce, crab meat and seaweed sheets. I found the meat and the seaweed sheets but not the sauce.

            “Need help?” he called from the table.

            “Yeah do you know where the spice sauce is?” I asked still searching all around.

            “Hmm.” he thought. I got a chill and his arm reached into the fridge and I felt HIM on my . I felt like all the air in my lungs. We both straighten up, I turned to face him by back against the fridge, and held it in his hand. His face was normal like nothing just happened. Like his throbbing, man hood wasn’t potentially swelling with blood ready to do what… they… do…

            I was looking into his eyes, and he seemed extremely nonchalant about all of this. “Isn’t this what you were looking for?” he held it out for me. I took it, and moved away from him. He seemed lost about the entire situation but I couldn’t be completely sure. He stepped back and shut the fridge door.

            “Well, I’m going to go get washed and changed.”

            “O-okay.” I answered, not looking back at him. I waited and listened to hear his footsteps go up the stairs. But didn’t hear anything.

            Hands crept around my waist and his breath got close to my ear.

            “Thank you for the peach.” He whispered, and I could hear the smile in his voice. He kissed my check and officially exited the kitchen. I felt my heart beating a million miles an hour but there was a big smile on my face. I put everything in my hands down and felt my check; the smell of peach juice lingered.

 

            It took an hour to make four rolls, two for both of them. and wrapped them tightly and placed them in the fridge for later. As soon as I shut the door, NamJoon made is way down stairs.

            “Hey, can I have another one of those peaches? They were so juicy.” I turned to see him and was amazed. He was wearing stone washed blue jeans and a black button up with his hair pulled back in a beanie. His socks were black ankle socks and he stood with confidence as he asked for a peach. He looked at me and smiled.

            “What?” he asked with a y smirk on his face. “Sam.” He said and my breath let out. “Your biting you lip at me.” As soon as he said that I turned around and tried to clean up what very little rice I spilled. His chuckle made me smile to myself.

            He got another peach out and went to the table again to eat it.

            “So when your done cleaning the clean counter, would you like to go out for a little.

            “Go out?” I looked over my shoulder as I squished some rice between my fingers and the counter top. “Like where?”

            “Go for a drive and then wherever we find ourselves, go for a walk.” He his lips then then peach. Oh my god. The shiver ran up my spine and I struggled to let out a breath. I dusted the rice that was on my hand into the trash, not making eye contact with him. “So?”

            “Yeah, I think we can do that.”

            “Good. Because I already called Jin-Hyung and he hired a chief for tonight.” My face dropped but I couldn’t help but smile to myself about him. He smiled at me and I shook my head.