The Course of a Day

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 Hey, this chapter is long and sectioned off just in case you can't finish it all in one go. Its sectioned off as, (A), (B), (C), and (D). if this goes good and you guys like long chapters then i might keep it going so i can have more information with each chapter with out having 100 chapters. So tell me what you think! Enjoy! <3 -Love The_Fox XOXO

           

Mr. Cha gave me permission to walk freely around the heir’s office but not to talk to anyone alone and make sure one of his sons are with me when questions are asked.

            I found myself wondering over to the window of the office. We were so high up, maybe about 30 stories, my breath left my body when I look straight down instead of out.

            “Enjoying the view?” I turned to see Ho Seok walking up behind me with Champaign glass in his hand, of course filled with something that not Champaign. He stopped when he and I were completely next to one another.

            “It’s amazing.”

            “It’s okay.” He answered back shrugging his shoulders. I turned and looked at him, a little perplexed. “I grew up looking at this view, it’s nothing amazing to me now that I’m older.” He took a sip. I turned back to the view. It seemed like it went on and on and just faded off. If only Korea was a never ending land. “You did good today Sam.” I looked at Ho Seok to find him looking at me with a gracious smile.

            “I was terrified.” I said back with a smile. “My heart felt like it was going to jump out my body.”

            “But you did great. Especially being introduced to a major family like our own. The person with the most pressure on them now is Isabel.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “Well, tomorrow, father is going to France and making the announcement of Jin and Isabel’s engagement. Jin and Isabel are going too. They all need to be present during this announcement.”

            “How does that apply to Isabel having a lot of pressure on her?” I was confused and didn’t understand whatever Ho Seok was hinting at.

            “Isabel is going to have a lot of hate thrown her way; from other female heirs that father looked into, to just crazy fans that think Jin belong to them. She needs to stay low and do nothing that could put anyone in a bad light.”

            “She should be used to that right? She’s a French Diplomats daughter already.”

            “But she, just like us, human and young. Everyone gets a little rebellious during their teen years and do things behind their parent’s backs. Didn’t you?” Young and rebellious? Of course that was me. I left home at 19 to follow a boy who in the end, physically hurt me twice. I should have listened to my parents and stayed home, but if I would have down that, I wouldn’t have met my second family. Had these amazing connections with them. I’d just be home.

            “Sam? Are you alright?” I clicked out of my inner monologue to see Ho Seok looking kind of concerned.

            “Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

            About an hour later Mr. Cha left for the airport, Jin and Isabel followed after.

            “I’ll be home in two days. Take care of each other.” Jin told all of us. We all knew what he meant was ‘Make sure things go smoothly and don’t cause any trouble’.

 

            When we got home, all I wanted to do was sleep. We had all forgotten that Jin had called a maid in to help with the chores for today, she even cooked for us which we didn’t expects at all.

            I didn’t feel like eating and just wanted to get some sleep. I asked Jimin to wake me up in an hour.

 

            In my room, I sat on my bed and removed my shoes. I struggled to reach for the zipper on the back on my dress. So I gave up and just plopped down on the bed.

            “Noona?” I heard Kook, then he knocked on the door.

            “Come in.” He was wearing sweats and a plain white t. “What’s up?” I asked, returning to the upright sitting position.

            “Well, I-” he stopped and gave me an odd look. “Why are you still wearing your dress?” my shoulders dropped and I plopped back down.

            “I couldn’t it.” I wined and he laughed. He chuckled and I heard him come over to my side. His hands were cold and the sound of a single ‘Zzzzzp.’

            “There.” He said and climbed over me and plopped down too. He wiggled like a noddle for a little bit and then closed his eyes.

            “Kook, did you just?”

            “Yes, now hurry up and change so I can talk to you.” He turned his head away, to face the wall. I sighed and got up to change. I slipped on some shorts and a t-shirt. I got under the covers and Kook rolled back over. He was on top of the covers and looked half asleep already.

            “Kook?” I asked low.

            “Noona?” he answered, I wasn’t going to ask him what he wanted to talk about, I could feel it now that he just wanted to take a nap as much as I wanted to. “I don’t think Isabel can be as close to me as you are.” I took my hand from under the covers and his head. Kook’s eye where still closed and he seemed to just fall into it.

(A)~~~~~  

            There was a knock at my door that woke me up. I turned to see Kook still by my side, soundly sleeping. The door cracked open and I sat up.

            “What is this?” Ho Seok’s voice sounded unamused. I was still so tired, when I felt the grip on my arm and I was pulled out of bed. “Cha Jeung Guk.” He said in a tone I have never heard. He shot to the upright position; hair messy, eyes wide open but not focused on anything. YoonGi must have been downstairs and heard Ho Seok because his appearance was surprising.

            “What’s going on?” He asked. YoonGi looked at me, then Ho Seok, to the bed where Kook was rubbing his face.

            “Why are you in her bed?” Ho Seok’s face was the harshest I had ever seen it.

            “Ho Seok, I was in my bed, Kook was sleeping on the bed.” I sad trying to pry his hands from my forearm.

            “Why is HE in your bed Sam?” his voice was raised.

            “Ho Seok, calm down. Sam and Kook are literally sleeping next to each other. That’s all, it’s no different than when Sam and Tae spend nights together.” YoonGi said sliding his hand down Ho Seok’s arm, which caused him to release me.

            “Tae and Sam slept together?!” Ho Seok turned towards his older brother, baffled.

            “When you got too drunk to function at your banquet. She took you to your room and Jin stayed the night with you. Sam was in Jimin’s room with Tae and Kook.”

            “Tae and I shared a bed.” I butted in but only to say very little. Ho Seok’s face was red and he had a jealous look in his eyes. He stormed out, leaving me, Kook and YoonGi in silence. I sighed and YoonGi followed up with one also.

            “He’s just jealous of how close you are.” YoonGi tried to make me feel better. “Just don’t let him catch you sleeping with Jimin or NamJoon.” He patted my shoulder and I remembered my first night here; Jimin slept on the floor of my room to make sure I was okay.

            I nodded to him and YoonGi left my room, leaving the door cracked open. I sat back down on the bed and Kook laid back down completely.

            “Don’t worry, Sam. YoonGi is right. Hyung is just upset of about how close we are.”

            “What did you want to talk about Kook?” I changed the subject. He rolled to his back, and I turned to face him, crossing my legs on the bed. He looked up, placing both hands behind his head and took a deep breath.

            ”You promised you’re not going to leave once Isabel moves in.” he aid but I didn’t know whether it was a statement or a question. He looked at me, eyes questioning my loyalty now. I smiled at him and placed my hand on his chest. He grabbed it and sat up. “If you go, can I go with you?”

            “Your family won’t let you, and you know that. You have to help your brothers with the company.”   

            “Five of the seven brothers already work there. Why would they need me?”

            “Kook, listen. If I go I can’t take you away from them.”

            “But you won’t be taking me away, you’re going to marry one of my hyung so, I’ll just be with you both.”

            Kook was becoming stubborn and unreasonable. I didn’t even know if I wanted to marry either brother yet.

            NamJoon is incredibly thoughtful and has a way about him that didn’t feel foreign. He could speak English and my family wouldn’t have trouble with it. Ho Seok on the other hand is so bold. He makes his thoughts known and doesn’t hide anything. But there is still so much about them I don’t know.

            “I can’t promise anything about the future right now.” I honestly just wanted to live this life as much as possible now. Being happy with this family. “Kook I wish you understood better, but right now things don’t revolve around me or you. We have to be good to Jin, Isabel, and YoonGi. They are the ones taking on everything.”

            “Noona-”

            “When their settled in, then things will shift over to Ho Seok, NamJoon and I. Okay?” he gave me a frown and began to slouch. His face twisted and he looked like a child about to have a tantrum. I turned to my nightstand and saw the bag that NamJoon gave me earlier. I got my phone out and saw that no one had called or texted me, and the time was 4:37 pm. Jimin must have fallen asleep too, it’s been two and a half hours. I shook my head and dropped my phone in my lap. No wonder Ho Seok came looking for me. I slipped some sweats on over top of my short and went to the kitchen, Kook followed behind me.

 

(B)~~~~~

            “Done cuddling for the day?” Ho Seok said as I passed him at the island counter, he was sitting with YoonGi and NamJoon was sitting at the dinner table reading something on his phone.

            “Cuddling?” NamJoon asked. Kook came and sat next to him.

            “Ho Seok didn’t know I was taking a nap with Sam.” Nam Joon made an ‘oh’ face and shook his head with a smile.

            “You seriously have no problem with that?” Ho Seok raised his voice at NamJoon.

            “No. Sam sleeping next to Kook is the best place for both of them.” Tae came around the corner and looked lost.

            “Who’s been sleeping with who?” he asked, and leaned in the door way.

            “Tae where is Jimin?” I asked him in the little bit of silence there was.

            “He’s sleeping on the couch.” He answered quickly.

            “I’ll check on him.” Kook said and quickly moved out the door way.

            “So you’ve slept next to Sam the night of the banquet?” Ho Seok asked and Tae’s eyes widened. He looked at NamJoon and YoonGi, then swallowed hard.

            “Y-yeah.” NamJoon smiled to himself and everyone’s went to him.

            “What?” YoonGi asked. “I would like to laugh too.” NamJoon looked at me and I remembered the peek show I put on for him. My shoulders dropped and I let out a sigh.

            “What?” Ho Seok questioned. He stood from his seat and looked at NamJoon. “Did something happen?”

            “No, it’s not that at all.” I said pulling Ho Seok back to his seat over the counter. “Tae, kind of picked out my wardrobe to sleep in.” I said it plainly but felt the heat in his eyes.

            “What?” he turned to Tae. “What did you pick out.” He asked sounding defeated. “Just tell me now so I can remind myself to never drink again.” NamJoon, and Tae both smiled at each other and began to talk about the very little articles of clothing I was wearing that night. Tae talked about how my clothes don’t affect the way he sees me, but it is fun for him to tease me a lot.

            “Sam could have been for all I care; I wouldn’t mind sleeping next to her.”

            “Hey!” NamJoon and Ho Seok yelled in sync, jumping up out of their seat making Tae and I jump. YoonGi began to laugh hysterically. Kook joined us in the kitchen with a sleepy Jimin behind him. I giggled at the sight of his messy hair and wrinkled clothes.

            “What’s all the commotion about?” Kook asked with his childish smile.

            “Don’t worry about it kid.” Ho Seok said sitting down in his place again.

            “Is it Sam’s short shorts?” He blurted out and Ho Seok was a statue in place. “She was wearing them when you pulled her out of bed, but the ones Tae picked were so short they should have been underwear. Jezz!” Kook shook his head and Tae quickly covered his mouth and pulled him to the side before Ho Seok could get to him.

            Ho Seok was absolutely frozen in place until he let his head fall and smack into the kitchen counter.

            “I’m never drinking again!” he cried. He kicked his feet a few times and let his arms dangle. YoonGi patted his back lightly.

            “It’s okay. Jin almost stripped her in his room so don’t feel too bad.” Ho Seok looked up at YoonGi; face was totally mortified. “It’s okay, he was just trying to prove a point to Rhiou.”

            “Hyung.” Ho Seok turned to YoonGi and took both of his hands. “Hyung, next time I drink, please, slap me.” He rubbed his hands together in a begging motion. “Slap me until I remember everything that was said tonight.” YoonGi patted his brothers head and gently placed his brother’s head on the counter.

 

            We all sat and talked more about what was going to change once Jin comes back. In a few months he was going to be a newly wedded man. The brothers talked about wither of not Jin should buy his wife a house or not.

            “All in all its up to them. Maybe for the beginning of their relationship Jin will live here with Isabel. Then when they think it’s time for them to start a family, then they might move out.”

            “Jin, son, brother, husband AND father. That sound weird.” Tae said at the kitchen counter next to me.

            “Maybe father will want them to have his room.” NamJoon mentioned and YoonGi nodded. I couldn’t tell if he was nodding because it may be true or nodding because it was a definite.

            I thought of the forbidden hall way. How Nurse Kim told me to never go down there. Not even if asked to get something, I shouldn’t go down there.

            “What’s down that hall?” I asked Tae low, the others continued the talk.

            “Father and mother’s rooms.” He said back. “Have you ever been down there?” he questioned and I shook my head no. “Really? Well, there is two bathrooms, three more bedrooms and father’s office and fathers lounge.” More rooms? How big is this house? “You probably weren’t allowed down there when father was here because he was sick at the time you were hired. Nurse Kim didn’t want either of you to meet at that time. Plus, we didn’t know if you were a spy or not.” He smiled like it was just required.

           

(C)~~~~~

            “Sam.” I looked from Tae to YoonGi.

            “Yeah?”

            “What do you think?” he asked. Everyone was looking at me and Tae, but we were completely stumped.

            “Think about what Hyung?” Tae asked for me.

            “About you going Home while Jin is on his honeymoon.” My face dropped.

            “H-home? Like?”

            “Like going back to America home.” Jimin cleared the confusion. My eyes began to burn and my lips quivered. “Oh my god, she’s crying.” He spoke again. The tears must have just been rolling down my face.

            I didn’t realize I missed home so much. I was so focused on myself and just being happy here that I hadn’t called my parents in months. They didn’t know that I had broken my ankle, that Jian and I were no longer friends, that I had been partially blind for a few weeks, or that now I was in an engagement triangle.

            But with going home would mean that I would have to tell my parents. Explain it all to them, and knowing my mother, she’d want to know why they boys didn’t come along with me. Then wonder what happened between Jian and me. There was so much to explain but not enough time at all.

            This was all going to happen in a few months, after Jin’s wedding. The excitement was making me uneasy.

            “Who are you going to take with you?” Kook asked. “YoonGi, and NamJoon can’t go because they’ll be taking care of the business. Ho Seok looked at me for a moment and I thought about it. I’d rather only take one of the brothers, but two would be nice for my dad. He’d have some men around the house, and I could go out with my mom.

            “I’ll have to think about it honestly.” I said and looked at Tae. He smiled warmly and patted my head, whipping away my tears.

            “That’s why Sam and Tae are so close.” YoonGi said at Ho Seok and NamJoon. “Tae is there to whip away her tears. In the back, Jimin fell into Kook’s arms like a damsel in distress. Kook took him in one arm and whipped his face with his free hand. I began to giggle at them and NamJoon pushed at them both with his foot.

(D)~~~~~~

            Later that night I was with Tae in his room, Kook joined us after he finished brushing his teeth. Kook and Tae both had wet hair from their showers so they had towels around their necks to keep their clothes from getting wet. Tae and Kook played each other in a video games, I just watched from Tae’s bed. He had a couch in his room and the television was huge. This was a night that I enjoyed, sitting with them and just knowing I’m in their presence. A few minutes into them getting really competitive, Jimin came in with a sweet cake. He came in and sat right next to me, not bothering the little ones one bit.

            “How are you feeling?” he asked me as I cuddled on of Tae’s pillows.

            “I…” how was I feeling? “I don’t know.” I managed to speak. He smiled at me.

            “Good, if you would have said you felt fine, I would have known you were lying to me.” He took a big bite out of the sweet bread.

            “I don’t know what I should feel right now.” I took a deep breath. “I miss my parents, and I’ve neglected to talk to them. I miss being home where things are familiar, but I love it here with the second family have.” I looked at him and found Jimin smiling back at me. “But I know things are going to be changing sooner then I think.”

            “Change in a natural part of life Sam. You had to make the change from America to Korea, then from your small place to our big one. Now you have to make the change from doing things alone to having people back you up in everything you do.” Jimin’s words comforted me. “Like father said, you’re our sister now and we won’t let you go for anything now.” He smiled and I couldn’t help but giggle. His cheeks looked so puffy and I wanted to squeeze them, he looked younger than me; younger then Kook now!

            “AHHH!! I WIN!” Kook jumped up and began to dance his victory. Tae dropped the controller and his posture went from upright to a slouch. I push at Tae to straighten up. He just leaned over and plopped to the floor. His tantrum was him wiggling around on the floor like a worm on the hot conceit.

 

            The times passed and of course Tae and Kook played a few more rounds. They went back and forth on who was the ultimate winner and it turned out neither of them could beat Jimin in the end. It was hitting 2am and I decided it was time for me to go to bed.

            “Goodnight.” I called to them when I left Tae’s room. I left the door cracked behind me and started to make my way down the hall.

            “Psst!”

            I snapped around to see if one of the boys from Tae’s room was calling me. No, no one was calling me. I began to head back down.

            “Psst! Sam!” I looked again and didn’t see anyone behind me. Stilling at Tae’s room I took a few steps back and ran into something sturdy. I jumped and turned to see Ho Seok. “Heading to bed?” he asked with a smile, a suspicious smile that I felt like I should know he’s up to no good.

            “Y-yeah. Were you the one calling me?” he nodded once and smiled, showing his beautiful teeth. “What are you up to Ho Seok?”

            “Listen, all I want to so is sleep next to you in bed.”

            “Ho Seok!” he quickly covered my mouth and looked around.

            “Hey, I didn’t say I was going to do anything else.” His devilish smile came to view. “I mean unless you want to.” He chuckled a bit. I slapped his arm a few time. “Hey, hey, hey. Come on, I’m still a man, Sam. And when a girl like you comes around of course I’m going to act out.” I sighed and shook my head.

            “Ho Seok, you are just…”

            “I’m what? A bad person? I’ve heard it all before.” I stopped myself from continuing. “I just want to be as close to you as everyone else. They all seem to have some weird connection with you, and you feel super comfortable around them.”

            “Are you jealous?” I questioned, this time I wore the devilish smile.

            “Yeah I guess I am.” he said coming to stance with his hands on his hips. I giggled and shook my head. I had an idea, he and I could bond a little and it wouldn’t be strange if we happened to fall asleep together. I took his hand in mind, and for the first time, Ho Seok’s eyes went red before his face.

            I lead Ho Seok down stairs to the library.

            “Make a three walls of books. Long enough for you to lay down in and not be uncomfortable, but taller then you when your siting up right.”

            “Why?” he questioned and I just pushed him to the book shelfs.

            “Just do it.” he groaned and began to gather books that were sitting around everywhere. “Don’t pull books off the shelf until you have all the ones who aren’t put away stacked.”

            “Got it.” he groaned and I snuck out the library, through the kitchen and to the laundry room. I gathered about 5 super fluffy blankets, 6 King sized bed sheets and some pillows.

            When I came back he was almost done.

            “Woah! You did really well.” I said and threw the pile of comfort on the floor.

            “What’s all that for?” he looked confused.

            “We’re making a fort.”

            “A fort?”

            “Yeah, like a pillow fort, the foundation is going to be the books you put down.” He looked confused but I just smiled. “Follow my lead.”