A Nights Scolding

The Cha Brothers Part 2

 

            The next few days seemed extremely hectic. Jin was working almost nonstop and YoonGi was right behind him. Ho Seok was trying to keep his upcoming events for his studio and keeping security together at Cha Incorporated. Jimin was helping Tae get a rundown of the company with hands on experience. And NamJoon was reviewing every single paper that Jin and YoonGi brought home, whenever they came home.

            Things seemed to be moving at a pace that I couldn’t keep up with. The only person who kept me sane was Kook. He was on the last week of his classes and feeling the freedom of summer.

           

            On a Saturday, around 12, Kook and I decided to take a walk around town. No one was home and it was obvious that no one would be home for lunch. The day was so nice and there were quite a few people out.

            We walked to a park and watched the little kids fly their kites, the vendors sell their food, and the old ladies gossip. The old men talked to one another like they were lords among the people.

            “I enjoy days like these.” Kook commented as we walked with linked arms. I was so much smaller then him now, and he was so muscular. “The clear sky, the fresh air, the people all around town! Ah! I love it!” he was so happy. I looked over at him and smiled.

            “Back home, people don’t really hang out like this anymore.” He looked at me. “Where I grew up there weren’t many young people so Jian and I would stay together most days.”

            “Well, think of me as your young boyfriend today.” I felt my face get warm.

            “Jeung Guk?”

            “Noona.” He stood in front of me and cupped my face to look up to him. “Shh. I’ll be the best boyfriend for the day ever!” we both began to giggle.

            “Hey, you two!” yelled an old woman who was passing with two other older ladies. “This is a public place!” we both quickly bowed to apologize.

            “Sorry, we’re sorry.” He answered for both of us.

            “Young man, college students shouldn’t date high school students.” Another woman said and we both giggled. Kook entangled his fingers in mine and raised out join fist.

            “Just don’t Ho Seok.” I giggle to myself and we went on our way.

 

            We walked for an about twenty-five more minutes before seeing a vendor that got our attention. He was selling fish cakes and Kook being the growing boy he is, needed five. I, on the other hand, only needed 2 to feel full.

            We found a park bench and I leaned on him as we munched. Many young girls, including high school and college students saw us and gazed at Kook and his beauty.

            “Excuse me?” a young girl asked as I bit into my second cake, and Kook into his third. She looked to be about 17, and doe eyed with long hair. “You’re really handsome.” She blushed supper hard and we both kind of looked at one another. “Are you a trainee here?” she pointed to the building slightly down the road. We looked and saw J.Y.P. sign.

            “Oh my god.” Kook’s face dropped slightly and his eyes light up for a moment.

            “You are?” she asked again and a small crowd began to gather around us. Kook’s smile got a twitch in the corner turning it into a smile. He sighed and placed the fishcake on the bench.

            “I really hate having to do this.” He said standing.

            “Jeung-“ In a split second, Kook took my hand and began to run full force through the crowd. The girls behind us trying to keep up and take their phones out to get a sneak peek picture. We ran towards the building and as a person was leaving we slipped by them and around the corner.

            “Excuse me.” A woman at the front desk said sternly. “How did you get in the building?” Kook sighed.

            “Hello, my name is Cha Jeung Guk and this is my sister in law Samuel.” He gestured to me and I bowed. “We needed to get away from the crowd.” He poked behind him. The woman looked around the corner and saw the crowed looking into the building from outside.

            “What did you do?”

            “A girl on the street said my younger brother was a trainee here.” I answered and the woman snapped back to us.

            “Did you say Cha? As in Cha Incorporated?”

 

            A few moments later, the woman called a cab to the back of the building.

            “I’m sorry for the inconvenient, but as to seeing your good looks I can only image what those girls thought. Our C.E.O. has a lot of foreign woman come to our company to take out possible new talents. The girls around here try to snag a boyfriend before the fame gets to their head.” We both nodded. “Mr. Cha, I don’t think you know this when I tell you, our C.E.O. has been trying to get in contact with your older brother’s dance studio for months now.”

            “I’ll be sure to relay a message or two when I get home then.” Kook said and shook the woman’s hand. We were at the back entrance about to enter the car. “I hope next time we visit, it’s on a scheduled appointment.”

 

            As we road home, Kook gave me a look.

            “What?” I questioned.

            “Never a dull day with you Noona.” He smiled.

 

            One we made it home, Jimin and Tae were waiting. Ho Seok and NamJoon were also home as well.

            “Where were you two?” Tae asked coming up to me to pat my head.

            “Yeah, we thought we had to put a missing child report out on both of you.” Nam Joon ended. I went and sat in between Nam Joon and Ho Seok on the couch and rubbed the ankle I had broken only months earlier.

            “You okay?” Ho Seok ran his hand over mine and took over my leg. “What did you two do?” he said looking at his youngest brother. Kook came and sat on Jimin’s lap in the big chair, Tae took a spot on the floor with his long legs spread out.

            “Hyung, did you know that J.Y.P. Entertainment has been calling you?” The entire conversation changed, and Ho Seok changed as well. He straightened up.

            “Woah. Really?” Jimin asked.

            “That’s great Hyung!” Tae said with his smiling face.

            “Yeah... I knew.” Ho Seok hesitated.

            “Then why didn’t you answer them?” Kook asked back.

            “Hey, Jeung Guk. Are you speaking informally?” Kook’s face dropped. Jimin quickly wrapped his arms around Kook with all his might and held him down as his older brothers took turns flicking his forehead.

            Jimin quickly passed Kook to Tae and got his flick in. It was hilarious. Kook was now on the floor with Tae, breathing heavy from the struggle with one another.

            “How did you know they were calling me?” Kook and I looked at each other.

            “There were events that lead us to the J.Y.P. Building. Long story short, Sam and I got away, okay?”

            “Got away?” NamJoon repeated.

            “Who did you ‘get away’ from?” Tae asked in-between breaths.

            “There was a group of girls who thought Kook was a trainee and I was his talent manager or something.” Everyone nodded at the thought.

            “So you were forced to run?” NamJoon questioned.

            “We weren’t forced to run but-”

            “Jeung Guk,” NamJoon’s voice was hard and cold. It shocked everyone, but Kook looked scared knowing it was his name. “Sam’s ankle just got better, she can’t run as well as you can, if she can run on her own at all.” It was quiet for a second. “I know you were thinking on your feet but maybe you should have thought things over a second time. If you’re not forced to run, especially with Sam, don’t.”

            “Nam Jo-” I tried to intrude, but Ho Seok stopped me.

            “I know it’s fun being out and being seen as someone who looks like an idol but your action reflects badly on father and the company. You’ll look like a liar for pretending to be an idol with a major company, then a coward for running. But when Sam is in the picture as the newest Cha you should watch everything you do. Everyone you encounter could be someone who influences a larger audience. This is still a stressful time for us, Jin and Isabel haven’t completely tied the knot, and her family doesn’t need the weight of our mistakes.” He sighed heavily and stood. “Keep my words in your thoughts, along with the rest of our family. I’m going to my room.”

            Kook looked incredibly upset and regretful of the day. Tae got up and tugged Kook’s shirt to follow him. It was then only Jimin, Ho Seok and I in the living room.

            “Sorry you had to see that Sam. But if NamJoon scolding Kook was maybe for the better. I didn’t think it was a big deal either until the facts came out.” Jimin said. He tucked his sock covered toes under his bottom on the chair and gave a smirk.

            “NamJoon may have been the only one who knows how to word it correctly out of all of us.” Ho Seok added. He sighed. “I think we should decide what we’re doing for dinner.”

            “You mean, you decide and I cook.”

            “Yeah… That sounds good.” Jimin said and they both chuckled.