Chapter 9 - Late Due To Eyeliner

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

7am, that's the time I woke up today. For some reason I couldn't sleep any longer, whether it was from excitement or from nerves I don't know. But I never wake up that early, not even for school.

It's currently only about 10am and I'm sitting in a cafe with Baekhyun and Chanyeol as we have no food inside the apartment at the moment. I haven't heard anything from Sehun or Kai yet, but who knows how long it is going to take them to get discharged from the hospital.

Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided that they were going to come along with me to meet Kai and Sehun, as Chanyeol used to be friends with the both of them and he wants to introduce them to Baekyun. Baekhyun is in the same position as me as he as never met either of them in person, in fact I don't think that he has even talked to them.

"You heard anything from them yet, D.O?" Chanyeol poked my side as he talked as if to get my attention away from the hot chocolate I was currently drinking. Yes I am drinking hot chocolate in summer, deal with it.

"Not yet, they'll probably message one of us when Kai is discharged."

He just hummed in response before going back to talk to Baekhyun about...whatever they talk about. Probably lovey dovey stuff knowing those two.

I decide to just use my phone for a while, going through old photos, videos and general things. Deleting anything that I no longer need. Most of the images that I ended up deleting were linked to my parents as, much like Chanyeol and Baekhyun, I had problems with my parents. I hadn't even talked to them for two years. Around here everyone seems to have problems with there parents in some way or another. That's why it helps to go to a college where we stay in dorms during the term times.

Im busy going through the last few pointless photos when my phone vibrates in my hand, making that 'ding' sound that I've heard so often during the last few weeks. I quickly change apps going onto Facebook, seeing that I have a message from Sehun. Never mind it's Kai on Sehun's account. Why isn't he using his own?

Oh Sehun: Morning D.O, it's Kai again.

Do Kyungsoo: Morning Kai, how are you feeling this morning?

Oh Sehun: I'm alright now, still slightly sore as I hit my side as I fell and now that's starting to bruise. I can't feel my ankle now so the pain from that seems to have gone, so it's better than yesterday at least :)

Do Kyungsoo: It's good that you are better than you were yesterday. Do you know when they will discharge you yet?

Oh Sehun: Sehun has gone to sort out the paperwork, they are releasing me now!

Now!? That took me by surprise. I didn't think that he would be released this early. I looked like a mess as I hadn't really made myself look presentable this morning, there is no way that I was going to go and meet them looking like this.

Do Kyungsoo: Really? That's great! :D

In truth it was both a great thing and a bad thing.

"Chanyeol, Baekhyun we've got to go back to the apartment Kai is getting discharged as we speak."

They both looked up at me with big, shocked eyes. Like me they weren't looking there best. Chanyeol hadn't even bothered to brush through his hair this morning, he looked the worst out of all of us. 

They both nodded in reply as we left money on the table and headed outside. Once outside we started running back to the apartment, it wasn't that far and would have only taken five minutes to walk back, but it was safe to say that we were all looking forward to meeting up with both of the other males. Plus as soon as we left the cafe no one had Wifi, it was important to have that at all times as without it we couldn't contact anyone.

When we managed to get back inside the apartment my phone started violently vibrated, signalling that I had way more than just one message.

Oh Sehun: Yeah it really is!

Oh Sehun: Ah Sehun is back now, he says we can go. You still okay to meet up at the park?

Oh Sehun: Hellllo?

Oh Sehun: Are you still there? What happened to you?

Oh Sehun: Well we will stay in the hospital until we hear back from you.

Do Kyungsoo: I had to quickly run back to my apartment. Sorry, I'll explain later!

Oh Sehun: That's fine don't worry about it. Do you want to meet up in about 15 minutes?

Do Kyungsoo: Yeah that sounds great. See you then

Oh Sehun: See ya!
-Delivered-

"Guuuys we have about five minutes before we have to start walking okay?!"

I called to both of them as I started to change clothes. Deciding to wear black skinny jeans, and dark greyish boarding on black shirt and a black jacket over the top of it. In all honestly I am probably wearing too dark colours as it is summer and we are going to a park, but I looked good at least.

I then started to restyle my hair before pulling my shoes back on. I slipped my phone into the back pocket of my jeans which is where it lives when I am not using it/when it is not charging. I then made my way over to the lounge, knocking on the door to ask for permission to enter. As there is only one bedroom that is where the other two have to live, meaning they will be changing in there. I would rather knock than walk in on them possibly half dressed.

Chanyeol opens the door, his hair now looking presentable and clothes all nice and straightened out. Baekhyun is over at the mirror applying his eyeliner, this has become a normal thing for him to do every morning. He refuses to leave the house if he does not have any on.

"Come on Baekhyunnie~ We have to go!" Chanyeol called over to him as he pushed past me to go and get his shoes from the front door. I decided to do the same. About two minutes passed and we were still waiting for Baekhyun. How long does it take to put on make-up?!

"Come on Baekhyun we need to go!" I called to him, you could hear him sighing and putting down his eyeliner before coming to the door to get his shoes.

"Finally now can we go?"

I opened the door before looking back at the two of them, they were finally ready. After ten minutes. We are supposed to be there in five minutes but, as we live ten minutes away that is not going to happen unless we run, and that is not happening now that we have got ourselves looking nice.

"We are going to be late now thanks to you, you know that right?" I spoke to Baekhyun as we exited the apartment complex and started making our way towards the meeting spot.

"Oh stop panicking. They will understand why we are late. Do you want to impress him that badly, lover boy?"

I glared at the new nickname Baekhyun had decided to give me. That nickname will not be sticking. That nickname is not even true!

"Oh shut up hyung! I am not a lover boy! I don't love Kai. I just want to make a good first impression, that is all!"

"You've technically already made a first impression, you know that right? Why don't you just admit that you love him~" Chanyeol cooed as he s his arm to sit around Baekhyun's waist. They really are just as bad as each other.

"First impressions online are different compared to real life! And I do not love him! We. Are. Just. Friends!" I felt like I had to bloody spell it out for them. I feel attacked.

This little teasing argument carried on for pretty much the whole walk, the other two only shut up when the park came into view. This was just in case we either Kai or Sehun saw us and then saw us arguing. We didn't want that.

We stood by the side of the park and started looking around for the other two males, we were looking for about two minutes. That's when Chanyeol spotted a pair of crutches leaning against one of the benches on the other side of the park, where two males sat.

"That must be them, over there." He said as he pointed in the direction of the bench before he took hold of Baekhyun's hand and started to pull him over there. I didn't follow them, I didn't even move.

I couldn't.

Suddenly a sickening nervous feeling had washed over me and I found myself unable to move. But why? It's not as if this meeting was going to be awkward, or hard. We had been talking for a while and knew each other quite well. But what if he didn't like me in real life? What if he took one look at me and then just decided to walk away?

"Are you coming or what?!" Baekhyun called over to me. Both of them had stopped and turned back to look at me.

"You're really nervous about this, aren't you?"

I just nodded in response to Baekhyun's question, looking down slightly as I did so.

"It will be fine, come on. As you said it's not like you haven't talked to him before, right?" Chanyeol spoke this time, giving me one of his reassuring smiles, as did Baekhyun. He was right. There is nothing to be worried about it will all be fine.

I started to walk towards them and towards Kai, who still hadn't noticed us. As I approached the bench I could feel my phone vibrating and dinging in the back of my jeans, I must have been picking up wifi from one of those open zone things. I could see from where we were that Kai was on his...or Sehun's phone. I figured that it must be him so I took my phone out and unlocked it to reveal that I was right.

Oh Sehun: Hey are you alright? Where are you at?

I smiled softly as we now stood pretty much directly behind them, and still neither of them had noticed our presence.

Do Kyungsoo: Turn around.

As soon as I pressed send the phone that Kai was holding lit up in his hands, and within the next few seconds he swivelled around, as best as he could on a bench with a broken ankle that is.

"Hey." That's all I said, well what else could I say. Sehun had turned around by this point, already having a conversation with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, as expected Chanyeol was telling him all about him and Baekhyun being together, they were in their own little world.

"Hey there, you're kind of late don't ya think?" He smiled up at me as he talked, as he did so I decided to move around to the front of the bench so that he wasn't looking at me from a weird angle. By this time Sehun had gotten up to compare how tall he was to Baekhyun so I sat where he was previously.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Baekhyun over there decided to take ten hours applying his eyeliner." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, this had become a sort of nervous habit over the years. Kai laughed at my response, some of his hair falling in front of his eyes as he did so. God he has an amazing laugh. I want to hear that some more.

"Next time you should just shove him through the door, or hide his eyeliner so he has to go without."

"Trust me he would never leave the house without it on! Chanyeol told me he refused to go to his sister's wedding because she wouldn't allow him to wear it." I laugh at the memory. It's true, Chanyeol actually recorded the whole mini meltdown that Baekhyun had because of it.

This wasn't awkward at all. This was amazing in fact, it was more than amazing. It was just like it was online, but better. Here we could actually put emotion to our words and hear the other better than we ever could over skype.

This was like a dream, and I never want to wake up.