Chapter 12 - Happiness

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

I am awoke by the sound of birds annoyingly singing right outside of my bedroom window. Damn birds can't they go somewhere else to chirp up a storm?!I roll over onto my side, staring at the alarm clock that sits on top of my drawers.

9:30am.

Aka too early to be awake especially when you had a breakdown in the middle of the night and fell on top of someone that you'd only just met face to face that day. Would we have to talk about that again today? Honestly, I don't want to. It's embarrassing enough just thinking about it, I don't want to have to talk about it all over again.

He probably thinks I'm an unstable child. But he proved my thoughts wrong last night, managed to kill some of the ones that have been stabbing away at me for years. Maybe I should stop thinking too much about things until I can confirm them.

Yeah like that is ever going to happen.My attention turns to Kai as I move to look at him, seeing if he is awake yet or not. I'm greeted by a pair of dark chocolate eyes and a sleepy smile, his hair is all messed up and falling over his eyes. It's almost cute.

"Morning, Soo." He mumbles softly, voice still heavy with sleep as he wipes the sleep away from his eyes with the backs of his hands.
Soo? That was new.
Well it wasn't a new nickname, my brother had always called me that when we were younger and now a few people from the college do but now many. I don't hate the name, but it's certainly unusual to hear it coming from Jongin.

"Morning, Jongin. Did you sleep well?" I sit up as I speak, stretching out my limbs since they have become stiff from laying on them.

"Eh, not really. I've been laying here awake for a couple of hours due to the pain from my damn ankle." He gestures down to his ankle as he speaks. He must have really damaged it by trying to walk on it last night.

"See, and that's why we don't walk on broken ankles without using our crutches!" He shakes his head, chuckling softly as he too sits up, wincing a bit from pain by he quickly works on covering his pain up by talking.

"If I hadn't of gotten up you could have drowned in your tears, I saved your life when you think about it. Plus going off my crutches isn't that bad!"

I smile softly, rolling my eyes in a playful way. Even though that situation should be bad, he manages to make light of it. He'll never know it, but I thank him greatly for that. More than I could ever show.

"I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have drowned! Plus I am the older one here, therefore you should be listening to me."

"You're only one year older! And if that's how it works, I'm the taller one, therefore what I say goes."

I fake a gasp, holding the palm of my hand onto my chest over where my heart is.

"How dare you bring my height into this! That's not something that I can control!"

"Well, I don't know. Maybe if you weren't so satanic you would have grown more~!"

At that comment I take one of my pillows from my bed and chuck it at Kai, the pillow hitting his face directly. As it falls he's pouting softly, as if hurt by the feather soft pillow.

"Oh stop pouting!" This just causes the younger to pout more, his bottom lip wobbling slightly as if he's about to cry as he does so.

"Kai, you may be younger but that doesn't mean that you have to act like it."

"I'll act in the way that I choose to act old man~"

And that earned Jongin a second hit with a pillow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Five days have passed since then. Since that awkward night and the day that followed it.
Yes, the day didn't start off bad, but as soon as Baekhyun and Chanyeol got up and came in to help Kai stand up, it all went downhill.

Turns out they had heard everything. The walls of this apartment are not sound proof...at all. Due to this they heard everything. I had to explain everything to them, earning sympathetic smiles from them as I did so.
I preferred Jongin's reaction.

He was sweeter and just kinder about it all. The Chanbaek couple just constantly bring it up and poke fun at me for certain parts of it. But Jongin doesn't mention it, at all. He treats it as if it didn't happen and honestly, I prefer that.

Speaking of those three, they have currently gone out to god knows where. The couple said that they needed to buy food and Jongin was going just to get out of the apartment. He had begged me to come along and save him from the loved up men...no scrap that boys. But I saw this as a chance to clean the pigsty apartment and so stayed behind, much to the complaints of Jongin.He had ruffled and messed up my hair just after I had finished styling it as 'revenge' the lil ....well...the not so lil .

I have music blasting from the TV as I clean around the apartment, singing and occasionally dancing along with the singers and groups on screen as I do so.

It's been two hours since the other's left and I've done more singing than cleaning. At least I got my room clean, I can leave Chanyeol and Baekhyun to clean the lounge AKA their room.

It won't be their room for much longer though. They managed to find jobs where they have been working for the past three weeks now, and with the money they had saved up from birthdays and Christmas' over the years they can afford a small apartment of their own.

I'm going to miss having them around all of the time, but I am for sure not going to miss the mess that they leave everywhere and the fact that on more than one occasion I have been woken up by the sound of Baekhyun saying 'harder', 'faster' or just his goddamn moans.
I WILL NEVER MISS THAT.

Eventually, I give up on cleaning, chucking the broom I was using onto my bed before just dancing, singing at the top of my voice as no one is here and I can do what I want.

I completely miss the sound of the door open and the clicking of crutches against the wooden floor. I'm in my own little world, just singing to my heart's content before a voice forces me back into reality.

"You have a really nice singing voice, Soo."

I squeak, spinning on my heels to face the taller, tanned male standing against the wall with his hands behind his back as he smiles. He doesn't need to use his crutches as he uses the wall to keep him upright, so they lay discarded on the floor next to him.

"Th-thanks." Why did I have to stutter?!

I'm nervous singing in front of people. I know, it's ironic for someone studying singing in college to be scared of doing what he practises, but hush.

"Stuttersoo~!" I shoot him a glare at the nickname and he shuts up. He has this habit of adding 'Soo' onto any word and adding it to a 'Nicknames' list that he has created on his phone that he went out and bought the other day.

"Anyway, why are your hands behind your back?" I question, turning the TV and therefore the music off before turning my full attention back to him.

"Come here."

I raise an eyebrow in confusion as I make my way over to him, standing a couple of steps back from him.

"Why?"

"Don't ask questions, just close your eyes and hold out your hands."

He smiles reassuringly at me, nodding towards my hands as he does so. I sigh softly, closing my eyes and holding out my hands like I was instructed.

I then feel something cold being placed into the palm of my hands, it feels like some sort of chain.

"Okay you can open them now."

I open my eyes, blinking a few times to get used to the change of light again before looking into my palms, almost gasping at the sight.

It's a necklace, one that has a ring attached to the chain. I hold the ring in between my fingers and bring it up closer to my face so I can read the words that are carved into the gold band.

'D.O you are never alone - Kai'

"Our full names wouldn't fit on it, I hope that it's still alright." I look up at him, a few tears ghosting the corners of my eyes. It's truly beautiful. And just knowing the meaning behind it is what bring the tears closer to spilling over.

"I don't like Jongin. I love it! But...why did you buy this for me?"

"Well I just saw it and thought of you. Also, I thought that it would be a sweet thing to get you in celebration of us knowing each other for a month."

His smile is quite nervous and the tiniest of blushes cover his cheeks.

"That's awfully sweet of you Jongin, but I haven't had chance to get you anything yet so I'm afraid you'll have to wait a few days, okay?"

"Don't be silly, Soo. Your friendship is the best present you could give to me."

In my whole 18 years of being alive on this Earth I had never been more happy than I am right now. I wrap my arms around the taller male's waste, pulling him into a soft hug, thanking him over and over again. He wraps his strong arms around me, holding me close to his chest, I can feel the beating of his steady heart and it's some what comforting to me.
I never want to let go.  My heart feels like it is going to beat out of it's chest. For some reason it's pumping at the speed of light.
Is this what love feels like?

No...it can't be, right?