Chapter 20 - Cute Or y?

Friend Request -KaiSoo

 

 

 

 

Jongin's P.O.V:

I wake up to feel something pressing against the middle of my chest, it's not heavy but it's not overly light either. I slowly open my eyes, blinking a few times to get used to the light that now fills them. I glance down to be met with the sight of Kyungsoo, sleeping soundly. He has his head resting on my chest, one arm draped over my chest just below where his head lays and his other arm is jutting out to the side of him, his hand hanging over the edge of the bed. My oversized hoodie, which he ended up wearing to bed last night, hangs loosely off one of his shoulders, the lower half of his body is then concealed from my view as my black bedspread is covering him.

I glance over to the side as slowly as I possibly can, not wanting to wake Kyungsoo and ruin this perfect moment.
9:30AM
We have an hour and a half before the assembly begins.
On one hand, we could just stay in bed for that whole time and I could enjoy this beautiful sight some more, but something deep in the back of my mind tells me that Kyungsoo will not like that. He likes being on time and ready for things and no doubt we'll be late if I try to keep us in bed.

I bring my hand up to softly card my fingers through his soft, black hair making sure not to pull at any little strands of it in the process.

"Wakey wakey~." I say softly, my morning voice causing the soft whisper to come out deeper and rougher than I would have liked it to.
Much to my surprise, his eyes flutter open within a matter of seconds, either he was awake already or was just about to wake up on his own.

"Morning..Nini." He says, yawning as he does so. A soft smile occupies his lips as he looks up at me, nuzzling his head slightly into my chest as he wakes up.

"Did you sleep okay?" I ask, as I do so he shuffles up slightly so his head is now resting on my shoulder, one of his legs coming to lay across my left leg.

"Not really," He admits, another small yawn breaking through his lips as he did so, "I've been awake since about six."

"Why didn't you wake me?" Concern fills my voice as I talk, I turn my head so that I'm facing him properly.

"You looked so peaceful as you slept so I didn't want to, anyway I only couldn't sleep due to a headache which has now gone. Plus I enjoyed watching you so quiet and cute for once, so it was worth it." He giggles as he teases. I can feel the light spread of pink coming across my cheeks, quickly pouting to distract the other from this fact.

"I can be quiet and cute all of the time if I wanted to be! But what would you prefer, quiet and cute or loud and y?" I ask, seemingly innocently but a smirk tugs at the corner of my lips as it's his turn for his cheeks to blush. And when Kyungsoo blushes, he blushes hard, his cheeks and the tips of his ears burning red within seconds.

"I-I'll go with the latter." He buries his face into the crook of my neck as he says this, and I can still tell that a small, heart shaped smile is etched across his lips as he presses them to the skin of my neck.

"Somehow I knew you'd say that~."

-----------------------------------------------------------

The time is currently 10:30, meaning we have half an hour before the first assembly of the term is due to start. Kyungsoo has informed me that these assemblies could go on for quiet a while and for the most part will be extremely boring so it's fair to say that I am not looking forward to it, at all.

"Are you ready to go, Jongin?"

"One second!" I grab my phone from my desk and slide it into my back pocket before heading over to the door, where Kyungsoo currently stands. I must admit he looks extremely good in the black skinny jeans, black under shirt and white and blue checked shirt that he's currently wearing. He looks smart even. Where as I on the other hand don't look nearly as smart. I've gone for wearing a pair of black shorts (it's not really the weather to wear shorts but they are easier to get on and off over my cast so at the end of the day I don't care), a plain white shirt and a black and grey hoodie over the top of that. I don't look stylish at all, but it'll have to do.

"Will you be okay getting down the stairs or do you want to take the elevator?" Kyungsoo questions as he holds the door open for me to walk through with my crutches.

"Kyungie I'll be fine using the stairs, I always am."

"Hey, Kyungsoo, Jongin!" We both turn around at the call of our names, finding Key and Jonghyun just coming out of their room situated down the hall. Their room is actually the one next to ours.

"Hey guys." Kyungsoo greets, smiling as he does so, we have both come to a standstill as we wait for the other two to catch up to us.

"Are you two heading down to the main hall as well?" I ask, starting our trek down to the hall back up again.

"Actually we're just waiting for Taemin at the top of the stairs for now, he's coming down with his roommate who's going to show us the way." Jonghyun explains, both him and Kibum walking just behind Kyungsoo and I.

"Taemin's rooming with Minho, right?" Asks Kyungsoo as he looks back over his shoulder to the other two, so he won't come across as rude when he talks to them. Kyungsoo is very worried about coming across as rude to other people when he doesn't mean to, many people think that he is an angel at all times because of this, if only they knew the truth.

"Yeah that's right, he was texting us last night about how nice his is and all, do you know him well?" It's Kibum's turn to talk now as we turn round one of the corners that lead to the stairs and the elevator. The set of stairs leads both up to the third floor and then down to the first and the lobby, same with the elevator.

"Jongin doesn't know him at all, but I've seen him around and have talked to him on a few occasions but I don't know him that well. He seems nice though from what I've heard."

"Ah that's go-"
"Aye! Jonghyun, Kibum!" Key is cut off from speaking as someone calls from upstairs, whoever is calling must have seen the two males from through the stairwells railings.

"Morning Taemin." A light brown, boarding on blonde haired boy comes running down the stairs, stopping just before running into Jonghyun. He looks rather young, and excited for what the day holds. He's smaller than myself by quite a bit yet only just a bit taller than Kyungsoo.

"Morning Hyungs." He says, seemingly calming down a bit as he does so.
Hyungs. So he is younger.

"Jongin, Kyungsoo this is Taemin. Taemin that's Jongin and that's Kyungsoo. They're our neighbours. Jongin here is new, just like us." Kibum tells Taemin before he turns to face the two of us, bowing and say a soft and shy "Hello." as he does so. He's completely different to how he was a few minutes ago when he only had to talk to Jonghyun and Key, is he shy?

"It's nice to meet you Taemin." Kyungsoo says, smiling as he does so, his polite side showing through yet again. Taemin nods softly is response, as if to say that the feeling is mutual.

"You're taking the dance course right?" I ask, smiling warmly as I do so. If he is shy, I've got to try my best to seem warm and welcoming, right?

"Oh, yeah how did you know?" His eyes seem to light up at the word 'dance', maybe he's just as passionate about it as I am. It'll be interesting to see how good he is, maybe I'll actually have a bit of competition for once.

"Key and Jonghyun told us last night." I inform him, his expression changes from interested to one of slight confusion.

"Key?" He questions, looking from me to Kibum as he does so.

"It's a nickname Jongin came up with last night. I had a bit of trouble with working out which key fit into our door, because of this Jongin decided that Key would be a perfect nickname, everyone seemed to agree." Kibum explains to the now no longer confused looking Taemin.

"Key...Key...I like it." He announces, nodding to prove his point. "I think me and you will get along, Jongin." He adds, a wider smile now spreading across his lips.

"I think so too, Taemin."