Chapter 37 - Dancer Boy

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Monday 1st November 

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

“And you’re sure you’re going to be okay?” Baekhyun asks for what must be the one hundredth time today.

“Baekhyun, I will be fine. Go and have fun with Chanyeol.” I reassure him, smiling softly as I do so and this time it isn’t forced.
It’s currently 11:00AM, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol are going out to watch a movie together, it’s something that they have been planning for weeks. However due to my current situation Baekhyun wants to cancel and comfort me, but I’m pretty much forcing him to go. It’s taken hours of convincing to finally get him to put his shoes on.

“As long as you’re sure.” Baekhyun finally gives up with a soft sigh as he slips his jacket on, going over to join Chanyeol by the door.


“Jongin will be back soon, Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol tells me as he slips his arm around Baekhyun’s waist, pulling him closer to himself. I nod to what he says, collecting my phone from their coffee table before joining them by the door. We then decide to head out, Chanyeol locking the door behind.

“I know. Thanks for last night.” I show them my appreciation the soft smile I wear never leaving my lips. Baekhyun and I spent a long time talking this morning, talking about my fears and trying to ignore them. Most of the talk was spent telling me that I’m being stupid and to just calm down, after hours of trying to get through to me my wall finally broke and I started to believe what he was saying. It’s only been a week after all and there has got to be a good reason why he is just taking off like this.

“Anytime, Soo.” Chanyeol replies with a soft nod of his head, checking the time on his phone before looking down to Baekhyun and saying, “We’ve got to get going.”
Baekhyun nods at this, turning back to me once more.
“Call if you need anything, okay?”

I laugh softly at this; I’ve never seen either of them this concerned about me before. It just shows how bad I have become over this stupid and confusing situation.

“I will. I have more friends in this college than just you two, ya know. There will be people around if I need them. Now go, before you miss the damn film.” I finish my little speech by giving Baekhyun and therefore Chanyeol as well a soft push in the direction that they need to go. This causes them both to laugh softly, saying another goodbye to me before disappearing round the corner.

I shake my head softly at the two lovers, now turning to walk back into my room. As I walk there I find myself muttering the words ‘Please let Jongin be there’ over and over again. However when I open the door the room is empty, ice cold and exactly the way I left it.
“Damn.” I mutter to no-one but myself as I quickly head over to the window and pull it closed. Why I thought it would be a good idea to leave it open I really do not know. The weather has turned cold worryingly quickly, which is not good news for me as I can’t handle this type of weather.

What am I supposed to do until Jongin comes back?


-----------------------------------

“Kyungsoo....wake-up.” I hear a soft voice calling out to me, however at this point in time I am unable to pin-point where it is coming from. My eyes remain closed, refusing to open as the voice calls out to me again.

“Soo, I’m sorry I’ve been gone. Please wake up.” I feel a soft tapping at my shoulder as the voice calls out to me yet again. However, all I do is grumble and roll over, too tired to open my eyes and face whoever is in the room with me. I’m not even focused on the words that they are saying, to me they mean nothing as sleep is more inviting.

I feel the bed that I assume I am laying on dip down, a pair of strong arms coming to wrap around my waist.

“Are you awake?” The voice whispers again, the sea of sleep that I was absorbed in now starting to evaporate as I come back into reality.

“Are you mad at me?” This question is enough to fully wake me up, my eyes opening within the next second. I look down to see that the arms that currently hold me are beautifully tanned, meaning that the only person that could be behind me is;

“Jongin?” I question, turning my head just slightly to try and see the man that lays behind me.
 

“Yes baby?” His soft voice is music to my ears, I’ve never been this happy to hear it in my whole life. I spin in his hold, now facing him as I wrap my arms around his chest, burying my face into the crook of his neck as I do so.

“Where the hell have you been?!” I shout, most of the sound getting dulled down by Jongin’s neck. I can feel the tears welling up behind my eyes, but they’re not from sadness. I’m just happy to see him, especially after the night I had.

Jongin starts placing tiny kisses against my neck, his hand rubbing soft patterns into my shirt covered back before he makes any attempt to talk.

“I got called to a last minute dance competition. The school decided to wait till last minute to tell me so I had to leave in a rush yesterday morning. I was going to text you about it, but my phone died on the way to Daegu, I’m so sorry, Soo.” I finishes explaining himself, more kisses landing on my neck in the process.
I sigh a sigh of relief at his explanation, all the fear of what could have possibly happened to him leaving my system.
I was stupid to think that he was going to leave me; I was stupid to think that there was something more going on. I should have known that it would be something like this right from the start. Something that has a simple yet reasonable explanation.
Stupid mind, making me think over things and worry over nothing.

I gave myself the completely wrong idea about where he had gone.

“It’s okay,” I tell him, now moving to look at him properly. His eyes are apologetic and he wears a nervous yet sincere smile as he looks at me, “I’m just glad that you’re back. I missed you.” I sound so sappy and young as I speak, my lower lip jutting out just slightly.

“I missed you too.” He says, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. One that has butterflies rocketing around my stomach and heart beating like crazy. It’s only been a day but I missed the feeling of his lips moving against mine in perfect synchronisation so much.
He really is an addiction.

“How did the competition go, anyway?” I ask, instantly smiling at the way his eyes light up. I’ve noticed that they do this every time he goes to talk about dancing. I think it’s his way of showing the world how passionate he is about it.

“I won, of course.” He boasts a proud look over taking his features. I knew he’d say that, of course I did he is one of the best dancers I’ve seen and definitely the best dancer at this school.
At this point in time, I am happy and at peace once again. I am held in Jongin’s arms, the only place I ever want to be. He’s come back with the great news that he has one a dance competition and with a reasonable explanation of why he had to keep me in the dark the way he did. And now, here he is ready to spend the week with me.
At least I hope that’s what he intends to do.
I told Baekhyun that I would speak to Jongin about what’s been on my mind whilst he has been away, but I can clearly see now that doing that will not be needed. He doesn’t need to know that I started doubting his love due to my stupid thoughts. I know he loves me, and I know that he wouldn’t want to keep anything from me.


“Well done my dancer boy.”

AN//Ayoo~!

Sorry that this update was so short but I didn't think it needed to be any longer! The story is moving a long a lot faster now and the big load of angst will be hitting soon. I'm really excited for that~!
I have a question for you guys:
Do you like me leaving these little author's notes at the end/would you like to know a bit more about me. I don't know if you do or not but ay I thought I would ask. I find it nice sometimes to get to know the author so I was wondering if you like that too!
So many more people have been reading lately and I couldn't be more thankful or shocked to the fact that people actually want to read this and look forward to updates 0-0
Thank you sooooooo much for reading and I hope that you enjoy the future updates (and angst yeeeeee~!) -Kai