Chapter 25 - Promise

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Sunday 11th September

Jongin's P.O.V:

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry, Kyungie?" I whine to a slightly frantic and hella annoyed Kyungsoo who's currently pacing up and down the length of our room.
Kyungsoo had woken up this morning to find the picture of him in the dress everywhere, and when I say everywhere I really mean it.

It went viral. Every pupil in the college and their grandmother has seen it by now and it's been less than 24 hours since the photo went up. Chanyeol was quick to delete them once he saw how much unwanted attention it was gaining, but he was too late the damage was already done. Once you post something to the internet you can't delete it and that was proved today. Loads of people saved the images of Kyungsoo, have re-uploaded them and used them for God knows what.

"It's not you who needs to apologize, Kai! It's Chanyeol!" That's what makes this matter worse. Chanyeol has not apologized for uploading those photos, causing Kyungsoo to go into a small rage at just the mere mention of his name. He needs to face what he has done, face the consequences and be man enough to apologize for the damage he is causing. Either that or I’ll beat the apology out of him.

"He seriously hasn't messaged you at all?" I ask, worry evident in my voice. It worries me to see my normally calm Kyungsoo so worked up like this. He's panicking about what people will say when he steps outside, due to this he's locked himself in. And in truth, I’m panicking as well. But I have to mask this, for his sake. The last thing he needs is me breaking down in front of him as well.

"Nope. Nothing. I've heard from Baekhyun, who apologized and explained that the week of me being a maid is now cancelled, which is his way of saying sorry. But I haven't heard a peep from Chanyeol." He sighs in frustration, pinching the bridge of his nose as he finally stands still.

"What are people going to say, Nini?" Kyungsoo's voice shakes as he talks, and even though he has his back to me, I know he's crying.

"Come here, Kyungie." I say softly, motioning him to come over to my bed where I currently sit. He meekly nods, keeping his head down as he comes to sit in my lap, tears falling onto the floor as he does so. He sits with his back to my chest however I decided that this was not the best position to comfort him in, so I move to lay us both on our sides.

"It's going to be okay baby, don't cry." I whisper, bringing my hands around to rest against his stomach, rubbing soft circular patterns against his shirt in an attempt to calm him down.

"I'm humiliated Jongin! I'll ne-never hear the end of th-this! We go to an all boys college just imagine the sort of insults I'm going to get thrown my way!" His words start to break up as he sobs harder. It breaks my heart to see him like this, to see him so broken and helpless.

"Listen Kyungsoo. I'm not going to let that happen." His sobs turn silent as he starts to violently shake in my arms, he's panicking. I move one of my hands away from Kyungsoo's stomach and up to his neck, slipping one of my fingers under the golden chain that hangs from there. I pull at it slightly, drawing the smaller's attention to it before I take the ring between my fingers and bring it up so that it's in Soo's direct line of sight, even if that line of sight may be blurry with tears.

"Remember this?" He nods in response, his sobs now dying down but only slightly, he continues to shake like a leaf. I haven't seen him like that since that night, since the night he broke down and spilled his fears and feelings to me. It was on that night that I knew I had to protect him, and I knew that I had a promise to make him. It was also the night, where I knew that what I felt towards him was more than just friendship.  "This came with a promise. The promise to protect you and make sure that you are never alone. The promise that I will always make you smile, laugh and love life. That is a promise I am never going to break, Kyungsoo. Not now, not ever. No one is going to be able to hurt you, okay? Not as long as I'm around."

He finally starts to calm down, sobs turning into sniffles and shaking coming to a stop as he turns in my hold, now facing me. The sight of his eyes blood shot and tear tracks running down his cheeks is enough to make my heart split in two. He looks fragile, broken, not like the usual happy Soo I know and love. Of course I love this Soo as well, but I can't bear to see him. I never want to be the one to bring this side of Soo out, I never want to hurt him to the point of breakage.

"Y-you really mean that?" He timidly asks, hiccupping half way through his sentence. I brush one of his bangs that started to fall into his eyes away before cupping his left cheek and placing a light kiss onto his temple.

"Of course I do, Soo. Everything is going to be alright."

-----------------------------------------------------

Baekhyun's P.O.V:

"That idiot!" I yell, tossing my phone away from myself and onto my bed. However it doesn't stop there, bouncing off of the mattress and onto the floor, but at this point in time I could really care less. Let it break, at least then I wouldn’t have to see what people are saying about my best friend.

I told Chanyeol not to upload the photo, I told him that things would turn bad and fast but did he listen? Of course not, because why should he listen to his own boyfriend's advice?  And now, because he decided to be an idiot the photo is everywhere. Everyone has seen it and uploaded photos of it onto their Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram you name it, it's there. And the comments that have come along with it are awful. Some boys seeing him as the perfect opportunity, other's seeing him as weak and most seeing him as the new thing to hate.

It's disgusting.

And where is Chanyeol? Gone. He ran off and is now doing..well I don't even know. Hopefully trying to fix this cluster of a mess that he has caused.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. My initial thought is that it's Chanyeol, but that giant dip has a set of keys.

"Who is it?" I shout, slowly walking over to the door as I wait for a reply.

"Jongin." Crap. If there's one thing I've learnt about Jongin is that when he gets angry or annoyed, he really does get angry and annoyed, to the point where he may kill someone. And if there was anything that he could feel those two emotions over, it would be the current situation.

"One minute!" I say, trying to gather my thoughts before opening the door. What am I going to tell him, how do I explain?

I swallow down my sudden feeling of panic as I unlock and open the door, to my surprise Jongin looks relatively calm, he actually smiles down at me when I prise the door open.

"Hey Baek, can I come in?" Asks Jongin, I nod and move out of the way, opening the door wider so that Jongin can get through with his crutches. He had picked up the other one last night, just before the photo was posted online. Chanyeol could have even asked him if it was okay to upload but he didn't even think of that!

"Where is Chanyeol?" His tone turns bitter at the mention of Yeol's name, turning to face me with a now straight and serious expression etched into his features.

"He went out a couple of hours ago, look Jo-"

"Where did he go?" He snaps, denying me of finishing my sentence. I take a few steps back, away from Jongin as I know he's getting angry. I can't even try to imagine what him and Kyungsoo are feeling right now especially if they have seen the comments that people have been posting to the photo online.

"I-I don't know." I stutter, hanging my head down as I do so. I'm ashamed. Ashamed because of what Chanyeol has done and what he won't face. Jongin sighs, shaking his head as he does so.

"When he gets back send him to my room." Jongin states before moving towards the door, however I step in front of him and limit his movement before he has the chance to leave.

"Let me explain." I quickly mutter, looking up at Jongin as I do so. He looks down at me with an expression of pure annoyance, yet gestures for me to go on anyway.
"I'm sorry for what Chanyeol has done, I really am. And I know it means next to nothing coming from me and that me just saying sorry is not going to fix anything but I truly am. If I could swap places with Soo, you know I would, right?" I say at a lightning speed, stumbling over a few words because of this.

"I know Baek. But it's too late for sorry now, isn't it? At least from you." As he speaks his expression softens, now going back to a more calm state. "Look, I just want to find Chanyeol so he can apologize to Kyungsoo, okay? He's panicking and refuses to come out of our room because of what people may say."

"You haven't looked online yet, have you?" I inquire; guessing from the way Jongin said 'may' that Kyungsoo has not seen anything yet. No doubt he'll get enough comments over the next week, he doesn’t need to see the ones online before that.

"No, why is it that bad already?"

"Yes."

"Show me." Jongin practically demands, moving to sit on our desk chair so that he can free his hand up to hold it out towards me, waiting for me to drop my phone into it. And I do, within a matter of seconds I have picked the now scratched device off of the floor and dropped it into the tanned male's outstretched hand after I have entered in my pin to unlock it. After this I sit up on the desk that's behind Jongin, from this angle I can see everything that he does.

A Facebook page with Kyungsoo's photo on is the first thing that comes up, displaying the fact that the photo has 666 likes, 500 comments and 447 shares. More than it was last time. The caption on the photo reads as, 'The toy maid from SM College'. It’s on a profile that I don’t recognise, it’s certainly not the profile of someone who comes to our college, further proving the point of how far the image has spread.

" toy?!" Jongin shouts at the phone, the grip he holds on it getting visibly tighter. He then starts to scroll through the comments, starting to growl increasingly louder with each one that he reads.

''
'Gay '
'My new toy'
'I'd that boy into next week'
'Kill yourself Do Kyungsoo'

The list of harsh and crude comments are endless, each one emotionally hurting Jongin more than the last. If they have this affect on Jongin, I don't even want to think what it would do to Kyungsoo. Poor boy.

"How many posts have you seen like this?" Jongin's voice wavers slightly, as if he's fighting back tears. I decide not to question it and just tell him what he wants to know.

"I've come across ten so far. Each one has been reported and taken down, except from this one." As I say that Jongin goes to the settings icon on the post, quickly pressing the button to report it.

"Make sure you get all of them taking down." He says, throwing the phone against my bed, this time it successfully lands. He then picks his crutches up and heads out of the room, slamming the door on his way out.

"Take care of Kyungsoo, Jongin."

----------------------------

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

Ding. Ding. Ding. It's the constant beeping of my phone that's  driving me insane. Comment after comment, message after message and all of them about the photo. I stopped reading them after the tenth one told me to go and die, I couldn't take it after that.

"Kyungsoo." Jongin starts speaking as soon as he comes back through the door, stopping only briefly to take in the sight of me curled up on my bed.

"Did you find him?" I ask, uncurling my form and sitting up so that I can talk to him better. He shakes his head in response before looking over to my phone which is constantly beeping on the oak bedside table.

"I thought I told you to turn that off, Soo....did you read any of them?" His tone is flooded with worry, telling me that he too has seen some of the comments that have already been thrown my way. I nod, tears starting to spill over and cascade down my cheeks once again.

Why did this have to happen? Why did this have to happen to me? What did I do to deserve this?

"Oh Soo." Jongin mumbles, his voice only just reaching my ears as he moves to come and sit next to me, dropping his crutches before dragging me into giant hug. I sob against his shirt, leaving damp patches behind as I cling to and nuzzles against his chest. This soon becomes uncomfortable and I move to bury my face against the side of his neck, my tears running from my cheeks and onto the base of his neck as I do so. He starts rubbing loving and soothing patterns into my side again, humming softly as he presses soft kisses into my hair.

"I'm scared, Nini." I sniffle, my emotions going haywire as I cry harder. I'm so scared. Scared of what people will say to me tomorrow, what they will do. I'm scared of what they'll do to Jongin when he tries to protect me, I'm scared of everything.

"I know Soo...I am too."