Chapter 40 - Peace

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Friday 5th November

Taemin’s P.O.V:

“What the hell are you playing at?” I hiss to Jongin over the phone, keeping the device wedged between my ear and shoulder as a pace around my room, sighing in frustration at the silence I receive from the other end. “I’m waiting, Jongin.” I start impatiently tapping my foot against the floor, finally coming to a stop.

“I don’t know what you’re on about.” Jongin gives a blunt and annoying answer, his tone laced with a certain amount of boredom. I’m so close to giving up with him at this point, it’s unreal. I’ve spent the last ten minutes constantly calling him, and when he does eventually pick up this is the attitude that I get.

“What do you mean ‘I don’t know what you’re on about’, of course you do! I’m talking about you and Kyungsoo you dummy!” I shout into the phone, dragging a hand through my hair out of annoyance. As my neck starts to cramp up I take the phone into my hand, pressing it firmly against my ear to listen out for any sign of a clear reply, one that I haven’t been able to get from the younger male in days.

“What about me and him?” He’s playing stupid, has been for the last few weeks and it’s starting to play on my nerves.
Everyone has seen it, the way he’ll sneak off and not return for hours, the way he always seems tired and will just lock himself away as soon as he returns to the dorms. Something is going on and he’s not telling anyone, not even Kyungsoo.
Kyungsoo, someone who he is meant to love and tell everything to. Someone that would do anything for him and is constantly worried for him.

“Jongin you’re breaking him! He’s so hurt at the moment because of you and you constantly leaving him! What was that crap you pulled at the show tonight, aye? Why the did you come over to me?!” I in a giant gulp of air, pinching the bridge of my nose as I try to regain my composure.
Minho decides to walk in at this moment, opening his mouth to say something, I simply hold a hand out to him mouthing a ‘hang on a minute’ before diverting my attention back to the phone. He gets the message, nodding once before going over to do his own thing.

“Taemin, if he was really hurt he would have told me, I think I know what my own boyfriend is thinking. Anyway, can’t I come and hang out with you as well, I’m not tied to Kyungsoo you know. Plus he must have understood, he didn’t follow me anyway.” I start grumbling at his response, trying my best to figure out what to say before I completely lose it.
It hurts to see Kyungsoo like this and Jongin so dumb, it’s not just myself that’s hurting it’s everyone. Everyone who has ever gotten close to the two is hurting for Kyungsoo’s sake, it’s starting to tear us apart at the seams.

“How stupid can you be, Jongin?! I thought you would be good at this relationship stuff but no, you’re even worse than me!” My response causes Jongin to laugh, his laughter coming across as cracked and muffled due to the poor reception that our phone’s get in the dorms. You’d think for a rich college that they would be able to get better phone service, but no.

“Tae-“
“No shut up for a minute!” I cut him off, finally deciding that he needs to hear what I have to say and get his act together instead of pulling off this stupid act for any longer; my sudden outburst catches Minho’s attention who shoots me a concerned look from where he sits on his bed. “You’re being so inconsiderate and stupid right now. Kyungsoo, he loves you so damn much and we all know that you love him too. So stop thinking about yourself, stop this sneaking around and just go to him! Spend some damn time with him and find out what he thinks about you sneaking off and leaving him like this all of the time. Go and find out how many times he has broken down because of you!” I’m fuming by this point, my cheeks burning as I yell into the receiver. By this point Minho has stood back up, coming to place a friendly hand on my upper arm, tracing like circles into my flesh to try and calm me down. But as I said, it’s just friendly, nothing more...yet.

“Taemin-“
“No, I’m not done yet, Jongin. You don’t know how lucky you are, to be able to have someone like Kyungsoo. You two are so lucky to have each other, to have someone to hold and someone that will be there for you no matter what. You will be the biggest idiot in this universe if you continue to ignore him like this...you need to explain to him what’s going on in that ed up head of yours. You know that he came to me today, yeah? He came to me on the brink of tears, begging me to tell him what was going on. Of course I couldn’t tell him because even I don’t know, Jongin. No one knows except from you, so get your head out of your and talk to your boyfriend before you lose him!” In my moment of outburst I end the call, tossing my phone onto my bed as I hold my head in my hands, taking deep breaths of air just to try and calm down.

Minho’s arm now comes to wrap around my shoulders, pulling me in closer to him as I calm down. As if by pure instinct I wrap my arms around him, hugging onto him as if my life depends on it. He acts like a rock for me, he’s able to keep me grounded and rooted to my thoughts. He’s able to calm me down in moments like this, make me forget about the world, the anger and stress that I receive from it. If I were to lose him I, like Kyungsoo, would break.

“It’s okay, Taemin. You did the right thing, you told him what he needed to hear. Just take deep breaths and calm down, okay?.” He reassures me that I took the right steps, now returning the hug that I forced on to him, rubbing small circles against my back.

“He’s stupid you know, he’s going to lose the one he loves at this rate.” I say, now a lot calmer as I look up, blushing harshly as I come face-to-face with Minho, how close we are no painfully obvious. “I-I..sorry.” I stupidly stutter, letting go of Minho and stumbling back, away from him.
Minho simply shrugs it off, now moving to his previous position on his bed.

“He wouldn’t let that happen. It’s Jongin he’ll sort things out. If he had the courage to ask Kyungsoo out in the first place I’m sure he’ll have the courage to apologize and explain to him.”

I simply nod at this, picking up a towel from where they hang on the back of the desk chair and heading over to the bathroom.

“You’re right, he’ll be fine. Anyway I’m going to take a shower and head to bed.” I inform him, not waiting for his answer as I slip into the bathroom and lock the door, my cheeks still burning from previous actions.

Why can’t I have the courage that Jongin has?

-----------------------------------------
Sunday 7th November

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

I wake up to a cold bed and empty room. The room is untouched, exactly the way I had left it last night and there is not a Jongin in sight.
On today of all days.

“Why?” I whisper to no one, swinging my legs over the side of my bed and sitting up as I take in the sight of our room, my head spinning slightly at the sudden movement.
Jongin’s bed is made, hasn’t been touched since Friday. I haven’t seen him since Friday, he disappeared without a trace and now we have no way of reaching out to him. He took his phone yet he won’t pick up, it’s a repeat of a few days ago.
He’s alone, somewhere out in the world doing god know what.
But he has to return, he must return today and not only because classes start again tomorrow.
 

Two months.
It’s two months today since we confessed and he is nowhere to be seen. Would he really leave me on this day?
I often wish he was still on crutches, everything was so much easier then. He wouldn’t be able to leave for days on end, he wouldn’t be able to get out of the room without me hearing him. This wouldn’t be happening.

Of course I am happy that he is no longer using the crutches that he hated so much, and that he is able to dance to his heart’s content, but I can’t be truly happy when he is acting like this.

I sigh, standing up right and shuffling into the bathroom. I have to face the day after all. there is no point in just moping around in the room all day.
I turn on the shower, letting the warming water hit my hand as I wait for it to warm up to a decent temperature. I take this time to shrug off my shirt, and I’m just about to slip out of my sweatpants when my mobile goes off. I internally groan, having to exit the bathroom and head back into the main bedroom, shivering as the cold air hits my bare upper body. The hunt for the beeping device begins as I start to tear around the room, trying to find it before it has the chance to ring off. Finally, I find the piece of technology wedged between my bed and the wall, luckily still ringing.
I bring it up to my ear as I find it, not wasting any more time and just answering the call before it has a chance to end.

“Hello?” I question to the mystery caller, yawning softly afterwards. I block out the sound with the back of my hand, trying not to let my tiredness be heard on the other end of the line.

“Did I wake you?” A deep, smooth voice answer back, one that I know I have fallen in love with.

“Jongin? I ugh, no I woke up a while ago.” I tell him, sitting down on the edge of my bed, the shower can wait. “Where are you?” I waste no time and get down to the question that has been playing on my mind for the last few days.

“I had to head out of town, I’m so sorry.” He somewhat explains. The tone of his voice is telling me that he’s serious, and sorry at the same time. Yet another part of me is saying not to believe him, to question him more. He never explains enough for my liking, he always needs that extra push.

“Out of town? What for, you’ve been taking off like this a lot lately, babe.” I state, not even bothering to mention our anniversary at this point. Maybe he’s forgotten? I wouldn’t put it past him at this time.

“Just for something...I’ll explain later okay? Meet me at the cinema at 12:00PM, I’m taking you to see that romcom that you have been dying to see, okay? Happy two months, I love you and I’ll see you later, beautiful.” With that final confession of love, the line falls dead, leaving me with blushing cheeks and my confused feelings.


I’m happy. Truly happy to hear is voice, even happier at the fact that he remembered about the movie that I have been dying to see for the last few months. I’m happy to talk to him and spend time with him, yet at the same time I’m not at peace. Not with him or my thoughts.
How can I be at peace with the way he’s been acting? Even if he is acting normal now, there’s no saying that he will stay this way for long.

AN// Ayyoooo~!
Sorry that I did not update yesterday, I wasn’t in the best frame of mind and battling with my own emotions just like Kyungie so I wasn’t really up to it. But I should have another update up later on today, if I don’t have it up I give you permission to yell at me ^-^
Not much is happening in my life at the moment, it’s the last week of school this week so I’m just happy for that. Technically I only have four days since I’m going to a theme park on Friday, but when you’ve got coursework every day until then it doesn’t really seem worth going to school at all haha XD

The next chapter should have some cute Kaisoo moments in it so look forward to that~! Also if you’re wondering why I haven’t put Jongin’s P.O.V in for a while it’s because I can’t~ If I did I would have to explain where he goes and what he’s up to before I want to~ But I hope that’s okay, plus this way I can explore other people’s P.O.V’s, I really wanted to do one for Taemin so I did today! [I hope that’s okay btw .-.]

As always, thank you sooooo much for reading, I hope that you enjoy the next update~! -Kai