Chapter 39 - Lies

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Friday 6th November

Baekhyun’s P.O.V:

“Baek, if you wanted to watch the fireworks we could have gone down there.” Chanyeol says, snaking his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my shoulder, holding me as we look out over the field together.

“You know I don’t do good with the cold and large crowds especially large crowds of boys from our college. Anyway I wasn’t really looking at the fireworks.” I answer him, staring up at the night sky that’s alive with colour. Fireworks night is a beautiful one, however I can’t stand going out to displays. I’m better off watching them from the comfort of my home, or in this case dorm.

“Really? If you weren’t over here to watch the fireworks what were you watching then?” My taller lover quires as he tilts his head to rest it gently on the side of my neck.

“Kyungsoo and Jongin.” I casually tell him, trying to find both males in the crowd once again, they blend in all too well with all of the dark colours they have adapted to wearing.

“Kyungsoo and Jongin?” Yeol repeats what I say, questioning it at the end, “Why were you keeping an eye on them? Has something happened again? Don’t tell me that Jongin bailed.” Chanyeol speaks fast and question after question leaves his mouth. It’s a sign that he’s worrying or caring for someone. Most people don’t think it at first but Chanyeol is one of the most caring people in the world, especially when it comes to me and our friends. Just lately, most of his worry has been on Kyungsoo, even more so after the nightmare Kyungsoo got caught in the other night.

“No, no Jongin didn’t bail....not exactly.” I reassure him, my eyes landing on Kyungsoo in the crowd. He’s looking straight up at the sky, staring at the colours that burst above his head. From here, I can’t tell whether he is happy or sad, but I can only imagine that whatever he’s feeling, isn’t good.

“What do you mean not exactly. You need to stop being so vague, Baek.” The other male states, sighing just softly as he does so, however the reflection from the window shows me he’s smiling so I don’t make anything of it. The reflection also shows the beautiful way that the sparks of the fireworks show up in Chanyeol’s eyes, we’re close enough to the window that it can show us even little details like that.
Chanyeol’s eyes are always beautiful, even if he does try to deny it. It’s moments like this that further highlight that fact to me.

“They walked down there together, I thought they were all set for a nice date. However Jongin ran off to join Taemin and left Kyungsoo. Soo went to sit with Chen and Xiumin.” I explain, sighing as the fireworks come to an end, everything falling silent for a moment before the crowd of boys burst into fits of cheers and whistles.

“Chen and Xiumin?” Chanyeol asks the question in a tone that suggests to me he’s forgotten who those two males are. He’s useless at remembering names, never mind nicknames so this doesn’t surprise me.


“Yes, Chen and Xiumin. Jongdae and Minseok remember them? Anyway this isn’t about them, Yeol. It’s about poor Soo and the fact that he’s been left alone!” I say, stamping my foot lightly against our floor as I do so, releasing some of the frustration that I am trying my best to conceal.

“Yeah, I know, sorry. What has gotten into Jongin? He was so happy with Kyungsoo a few weeks ago, now it’s as if he can’t stand to be around him or can’t wait to get away from him.” Chanyeol straightens himself back up, clearly getting stiff from the position he was holding before. He lets his hold on me fall as he goes to lie back on his bed, sighing in content as he comes into contact with the soft sheets.

“I really don’t know. Kyungsoo has no idea either, according to him he hasn’t done anything wrong, Jongin just woke up one day and started being all weird towards him.” As I answer my shoulders slump and I start staring down at the ground. I can’t help but feel sorry for Kyungsoo. He’s confused beyond all belief, he doesn’t know what to do with himself and worst of all he doesn’t know how to talk to Jongin. Things are going downhill fast and things are not going to get any better unless one of them either end it or fix it.

“What if something is going on between Jongin and Taemin?” Chanyeol asks out of the blue, now moving to a sitting position. It’s something I’ve never thought about, the possibility of Jongin cheating on Kyungsoo is always one that I have viewed as small, however at this point in time I’m starting to question my own judgement.

“Taemin, as in Lee Taemin? I don’t know. I doubt it...well I hope not at least.” I solemnly answer him, watching as some of the crowd starts to disperse. I take this as my time to leave the window and go over to join Chanyeol on the bed, said male immediately encircling his arms around myself.

“Well, let’s think. He seems to be doing everything with him just lately, and it’s normally him that he runs off to. It’s one of the only explanations I can think of.” Chanyeol muses, a soft hum following his words as he thinks.
He’s right. Jongin is always running off to Taemin, but there’s got to be a better explanation..right?

“You’re wrong!” I suddenly exclaim, clicking my fingers as I memory suddenly pops into my head. Chanyeol gives me a questioning looking, motioning for me to go on my lightly tapping my stomach, conveniently the only place he can currently reach with the position we are in.

“Remember the day Kyungsoo had his nightmare, we went out for a date and had to leave Soo alone, right? Well Kyungsoo said that on that day Jongin didn’t return back to the dorms until late evening, but we passed Taemin on our way out of the dorms, he was coming back with Minho and there wasn’t a Jongin in sight.” I tell Chanyeol this new information with a smile spread out on my lips, thinking all too soon that there is no chance of Jongin cheating.

“Okay, you have a point. Jongin isn’t cheating on Kyungsoo with Taemin, but that doesn’t mean he’s not cheating all together.” Chanyeol puts an immediate downer on my mood, the smile falling away from my lips.

“You’re right...this isn’t going to be solved any time soon is it?”

“I don’t know Baek, if Kyungsoo were to just speak to Jongin this could be solved so much easier, I just don’t know how to-“
Chanyeol is cut off by my phone, the ringtone blasting out of the small speakers. The screen lights up the dark room that we sit in, that now being the only source of light.

Chanyeol loosens his grip from me so I can make the quick trek over to our desk and pick it up, sliding my finger over the answer button without looking at the caller.

“Hello?”

“B-Baekhyun.” I can immediately tell that who I’m speaking to is Kyungsoo...a Kyungsoo that does not sound good.

“Soo?” I turn to face Chanyeol as I say this, who looks at me with curiosity and worry. “Soo, are you okay?” I already know the answer to this, there’s no reason why Kyungsoo would be calling me now anyway so the reason must be a bad one.

“Not re-really.” His voice trembles and cracks over the line, I can tell just by his tone that he is crying.

“Kyungsoo where are you, I’ll come to you.” I tell him, already moving to grab my jacket and pull my shoes on, Chanyeol decides to do the same, either to come and comfort Kyungsoo or to protect me. For some reason he doesn’t think I can protect myself in the dark.

“Outside.” His answer is simple, yet it’s enough for me to know. A quick look out of my window answers my question.
Kyungsoo sits there, on the plastic chair where he was sat during the fireworks show, only now his knees are drawn up to his chest and his head is buried into them. Even from where I stand I can see that he’s shaking, and it’s not due to the cold.

“Hang on, Chanyeol and I are coming now.”
I then hang up, shoving my phone into my jacket pocket before heading out of the door, Chanyeol hot on my heels.

--------------------
“Kyungsoo!” I shout out to Kyungsoo as soon as we step foot onto the field, running at full speed until I reach the trembling male. He doesn’t look up to face us, he just stays curled up, silently sobbing into his knees.

“Kyungsoo, please don’t cry.” I speak softly to him, managing to walk past him to take the seat that’s placed next to him. I wrap my arm around his shoulder, pulling him in closer to me as he continues to cry.
It breaks me to see him like this, and I can tell from the way Chanyeol just looks at him with sympathy in his eyes that it breaks him too.

“Soo, what happened?” I cautiously ask the male, patiently waiting for his reply in return. I’m not going to pressure him to answer, he can take all of the time in the world if he wants to, but in the end I need to know what’s wrong with him, what sort of best friend would I be if I didn’t care for him like this?

A few moments have passed since I asked the question when Kyungsoo finally lifts his head and he’s a mess. Tears stream down his face, leaving track marks in their wake, his eyes have gone puffy, bloodshot and red and he can’t seem to catch his breath. Some of his hair sticks to his forehead as they’ve become damp with tears and he can’t even talk to us straight, every other word becoming broken with a stutter, sob or hiccup.

“J-Jongin...he..l-left me alone b-before the show...th-the show even started.” He takes in a deep breath as he tries to calm himself down, failing miserably as he stares down into his lap, not even wanting to look at either of us. “H-he then...l-left straight af-after the show....en-ended...I los-lost him in the cro-crowd...I th-thought that he would c-come back...fo-for me when he re-realised that I-i wasn’t wi-with him...bu-but I was wrong. I tu-turned down go-going back wi-with Minseok and Jon-Jongdae to st-stay here and w-wait...b-but he never...came back.” Kyungsoo’s voice trails off at the end, turning into nothing but a whisper as another wave of tears hit him.
Chanyeol looks down at me and I look back up at him, both of us sharing this look as if to say ‘what the is Jongin playing at?’

“Soo...I wish I knew why he is acting like this...I wish that I could help you,” I start to say, rubbing his shoulder in a comforting way as I try and get him to calm down. Seeing him like this is something new for me, normally he is full of confidence when around us, he’s always strong and tries to remain that way. But now his feelings have been so attacked that he can’t even function anymore.

“I k-know y-you...do. But n-no one kno-knows the answers...n-not even Taemin.” Kyungsoo sobs mid sentence, sniffling as he tries to stop his nose from running. He presses the palms of his hands against his eyes, desperately trying to stop the tears from leaking.

“You asked Taemin about this?” Chanyeol asks, his voice full of something I can only describe as shock. Kyungsoo meekly nods his head, the tears continuing to fall and showing no signs of stopping.

“H-he said he di-didn’t know what was...u-up with him! He-he’s been a.acting...weird to..him too...but h-he wouldn’t specify...h-how...he sa-said Jongin...tol-told him to ke-keep quiet....he-he’s hiding something fro-from me! M-my....o-own boy...boyfriend is..l-lying right to my face!”

AN// Ayoooo~!
Sorry for the lack of an update yesterday, I just didn’t get the chance to, but I hope this chapter will satisfy your needs!
I loved reading through what you think is going on with Jongin, it’s interesting to see your ideas! I think a lot of you will be shocked to find out the truth, it’s quite a weird story but it shall all make sense! At least I hope XD


Anyway, in my life today I received an Exo’lution shirt which I bought a few weeks back~! I love it and never want to take it off:

 

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e61777368747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

 

[Second selca featuring EXO in the background~ Further showing how I look like a potato XD I am the worst when it comes to taking selcas, but for some reason I'm confident with how I look today and felt like posting these here :')]
Also today we had an ambulance at the school after a boy snapped his arm, my sister saw it happen an apparently his bone tore through his arm 0-0. I feel sorry for him tbh.

After this I found out that I failed my Biology test...well technically I didn’t as I got a C but I’m usually an A student sooooo it’s a fail for me.
This chapter hasn’t been proof read as I’m rushing to get it up, so excuse my mistakes!
Thank you soooo much for reading and I hope that you enjoy the future updates~! -Kai