Chapter 13 - Thoughts

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Jongin's P.O.V:

Was giving that ring to him to sappy? I think that it was.
I've never really done anything like that for someone before, and honestly I don't know why I did it. But when I saw the ring sitting in the window of a jewellers I just knew that I had to get it for him. It was like it was calling out to me and just begging me to buy it. So I did. Luckily Chanyeol and Baekhyun were too absorbed in their own little world to notice me going in a purchasing it, if they had seen me I would of had to answer about a thousand questions.

Kyungsoo loves the ring, he's told me about a thousand times already and I only gave it to him about half an hour ago.

We're currently sat in the lounge, watching some random talent show on TV. But we're not really watching it, it's just background noise. We're both too distracted by our own thoughts to be paying any attention to what is happening on screen.
I wish I knew what he was thinking.

He lays across the couch, his head resting on the arm rest and his feet placed on my lap. He has his head turned towards the window and he's just staring out of it, lost to his own little world. The chain that holds the ring is now sitting around his neck, catching the light and therefore my eye every so often. He's clutching the ring in his right hand, as if he is afraid that it will suddenly disappear.

My feelings towards the older but shorter male confuse me. My mind tells me that we're friends, but my heart is yelling to me that it is something more.
My mind tells me that it's too early to tell as we have only known each other for a month, but my heart tells me to go for it.
But I've never listened to my heart, so there is no point in starting now, right?

And even if what I am feeling is more than friendship, if it is...love, Kyungsoo wouldn't return the feeling. Hell I don't even know if he's gay or not. It's a conversation that we've never had.
He's obviously not against it, he's perfectly happy around the Chanbaek couple, but he's never really commented on it either.
Suddenly just asking him 'What's your ual preference' would just be weird and totally out of the blue.

But I want to know. No. I need to know before I let their feelings grow out of control. Because if these feelings are right, if I let myself believe that they are true, I need to know that there is even the slightest chance that he may feel the same way.

This conversation could take a very bad and awkward turn if not handled in the right way.

I sigh softly, running my hand through my dark brown hair before facing the other, poking at his feet softly. This seems to drag him away from his thoughts as he flinches, sitting up and pulling his bare feet off my lap. He stares at me with a questioning and blaming look, accusing me of interrupting his thoughts.

"Hey." That's all I can say. I still have no idea how I am going to handle this, I have no experience with talking about subjects like this. Maybe it would just be easier to talk about friends first. Yeah, friends lets do that.

"What's up, Jongin?" He questions as he sits up straighter, sitting cross legged and sideways on the couch so that he can face me, I decide to do the same seeing that this would be an easier position to talk to him. Once he's settled down he takes the ring in his hand again, clutching at it and not letting go.

"What's college like for you?"

"College? Why are you suddenly asking me about college?"

"Well, seeing as I am going to be living here now I'm going to have to look at going to college. And you go to a performing arts type of one, right? They do dancing and singing there? I was thinking about signing up for one of the dancing courses." Well that was the truth. There is no way I can move back to England now.

Sehun had to put up a fight to get all of my stuff sent over to me, he'd decapitate me if he saw me back in the country any time soon.

"SM Boys College is the best performing arts college in the country. The teachers are good, classes are great and overall it's a great experience, as long as you don't mind the endless hours of practise, stress and sharing a floor of the dorm with 5 other males that is." He chuckles softly, smiling as he continues to talk, "It'd be the perfect place for you, with your dancing and all. If you really want to go we could get you signed up to start in two weeks time, as that's when we will all go back. Of course you won't be able to start proper classes, due to the fact your ankle will still have three weeks of healing time and then a week of resting, but you can get set up in the dorms and meet everyone. Get the general gist for college life over here, sit in some of the classes to see what it is like. "

He seems happy. In fact, very happy about the thought of me going to college with him. His tone is filled with excitement, his eyes filled with hope. It's a sight that I never want to leave my mind and one that I want to see an endless number of times.

"I think I could handle the practise, stress and rooming situation with no problem. Getting set up would definitely be a good thing. Speaking of dorms, what's yours like? Do you share with your friends?"

He nods in a short response to my question, before elaborating. "At the moment I share with four other people, Baekhyun and Chanyeol being two of them. The other two are Kris and Tao, Chinese boys who joined a couple of months back. We all get along pretty well, but having to share one bathroom between the four of us proves to be a real pain. There are three rooms to our floor, Chanyeol and Baekhyun have one, Kris and Tao have another and then I have my own."

I cut him off as he explains, he just shrugs it off and doesn't seem to mind me doing so. "How come you get your own room? I thought you had to share with five other guys, no?"

"Well we did. There used to be another Chinese boy named Luhan, but he dropped out just before the summer break began."

"Seriously? Why?"

"No one really knows why. But he was always talking about this boy that he met online, he said one day he was going to run away and see him, we all guessed that's what he actually did. He never mentioned the boys name, just that he's younger than him, Korean, and lives over in England."

I nod in understanding. Maybe that Chinese boy had fallen hard for the kid that he met online. He sounds a lot like Sehun, he would always talk about this boy that he had started talking to, but never said much about him. He called him 'hyung' so I know that he's older than him, but other than that I know nothing of him.

"Ah okay, that makes sense. What are Kris and Tao like then?"

"They're all loved up just like Chanyeol and Baekhyun are. I'm surrounded by couples and the walls are not soundproof. I've resorted to wearing earplugs so I can sleep through the night." He shakes his head, shuddering slightly at the thought of having to go back there and be faced by couples.

"If I moved into your floor, I could save you. Then you wouldn't be the lonely little boy in the corner surrounded by couples."

We both laugh at that, he shuffles closer to me just to lightly slap my arm since I called him 'little' he doesn't like that word, especially when you're talking about him.

"First off, I am not that small, mister! And secondly, that would be nice. I think you'd be able to save me from going insane."

"Hah, well I can try. Either that or we both go insane together. So I'm guessing that if you're surround by couples all of the time, you're single?"
Did I say that right? Will he get all suspicious now?
He shakes his head, a noticeable pink tinge appearing on his cheeks.

"I'm single. I have been for a while. I had never met a boy that's caught my eye and made me fall in love with him unt-." He cuts himself off, eyes widening as he realizes what he had just said.
At least he's answered my question.
And managed to make my feelings for him even more confused.

"So what I'm hearing is, you have a crush, riiiiight?" He starts frantically shaking his head, his cheeks turning a darker shade of red with each passing second.
"You can't lie to me, Soo! I know you do!"
But who is it?
Who will I end up loosing you to, Kyungsoo?

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

If only I could tell you.
If only you could read my mind and make everything so much easier.
If only I knew how you felt.

If only my fears would disappear for a day.

If only I could tell you that I love you, Jongin.

Even if we haven't known each other for long.
Even if everyone else doesn't think it's true love because we've rushed things.
I wouldn't care.
I've decided, well my heart has.
Ijust need to convince my brain to stop getting in the way.
Stop my brain from thinking too much.

Why are three words so hard to say?