Chapter 35 - Lovebirds

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Sunday 8th October

Jongin’s P.O.V:

I would be lying if I told you that I was happy to be going out, but I’m not a liar so I won’t tell you that. In all honestly I would much rather be back in the dorms, alone with Kyungsoo instead of in the middle of the arcade.
Don’t get me wrong, I love this place. It’s where Kyungsoo and I spend most of our free time if there is nothing better to do and no homework due. But I was enjoying my lazy day with Kyungsoo, and I wanted that to continue. But no fate had something else in store so here we are.

At the moment we’re at a table in the restaurant part of the arcade, yes this arcade is so huge that it can actually have a restaurant inside it. Anyway, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and I met up with Jongdae and Yixing straight away as they were here before us. Why they didn't wait for us at the college I do not know, not that it matters but it would have been nice to meet them before hand. Everyone else already knew them from class, I on the other hand had no idea who they were or what they were going to be like.
But everything turned out fine, they're nice enough people and now we’re just waiting on their two friends. It hasn’t been a bad time, we’ve all got to know Jongdae and Yixing pretty well in the time that we have spent together so far. They did know Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun yet they've never got to know them and so on, I think everyone was glad to know eachother better.

“How long did your friends say they’d be?” Chanyeol asks, taking a french-fry from the basket that we bought not too long ago as he waits for either Lay or Chen to answer his question.It's weird how everyone seems to have a nickname that is so random compared to their real name, I guess it's something that makes our little group even better, even if we don't use those names all of the time.

“Well they messaged saying that they’d be ten minutes," Yixing pauses to check the time on his phone before continuing, "about ten minutes ago, so any minute now.” He finishes, spinning slightly in the stool that he sits on to face the door.
No one says anything after that, either going back to eating or mindlessly scrolling through an app on their phone, I go with the latter activity.

“Junmyeon!” Lay suddenly announces, earning the attention of everyone at the table as he slides down off of his stole to greet the first man who walks through the door with a hug.
Something tells me they’re close.

“Heya Minseok!” Chen then says, doing the same as Lay and running up to greet the second male that walks through the door of the restaurant with a hug.
I’ve seen both Junmyeon and Minseok around the college campus before, but neither of them are in my classes, due to that this will be our first official meeting.

The four males come back to the table, dragging two stools along with them for the new arrivals.The dragging of stools causes an awful scraping sound, causing multiple people to look over in our direction. Yixing bows an apology before sitting down.

“Sorry we’re late, traffic was awful.” The chubby faced male now known to be Minseok says as he takes a seat up on the stool next to Jongdae, he smiles to everyone round the table as he does so.

“I thought you attended SM college, were you coming from somewhere else?” Baekhyun asks, drumming his fingers lightly on the table as he listens for the other’s response.

“Yeah, we were coming back from Busan. We’ve been down there for a concert for the last few days, we’ve literally only just got back. This is the first place that we've been to since we left to come back here.”Minseok explains, slipping his arm round Jongdae’s waist as he does.
Those two are definitely more than friends.

“Oh, the Super Junior concert right? I wanted to get tickets but they were all sold out.” Kyungsoo finally pipes up, pouting slightly at the fact that he didn’t get tickets. He had stayed up at least half the night trying to fight for them but in the end he didn’t get any, much to his disappointment. It took three tubs of ice cream and endless kisses to cheer him up.

“Yeah that’s right, Minseok and I won tickets through a class in school, that’s the only reason we got to go and get off school too, without any punishment.” Junmyeon speaks this time, letting Yixing rest his head on his shoulder as he does so.
More than friends.

“You’re so lucky.” Kyungsoo pouts again, earning coos from nearly everyone round the table. As soon as he hears this he starts to glare, turning the whole table silent again. I love the fact that he can go from an innocent snowflake to deadly weapon within moments, it’s a handy trick to have.

“Anyway,” I speak up, Kyungsoo now moving to cling onto my arm as I do so, this is an extremely common and welcomed thing for him to do, “We should probably introduce ourselves, I’m-“

“Kim Jongin.” Minseok finishes off my sentence, taking me by surprise. By the way Chanyeol, Baekhyun and even Kyungsoo stare at the new male, I can tell that they’re surprised to.

“H-How did you?”

“Oh come on everyone knows who you are. You’re the tanned dancer that goes out with Kyungsoo and the one that most boys are afraid of.” Minseok points out as if it’s obvious that everyone knows who I am. I know a lot of people know me, of course they would after the stunts I’ve already pulled in the school, but I didn’t think THAT many people would know me.

“You’re,” Minseok says, pointing to Kyungsoo in the process, “Do Kyungsoo, the male maid with a beautiful voice and boyfriend of Kim Jongin.” Kyungsoo’s cheeks flush pink at the mention of the maid’s dress, it’s a topic that no one dares to bring up around him in case he snaps, but it looks like this is one of those days where he is very easily flustered. For Minseok that’s an extremely lucky thing.

“Do you know who we are?” Baekhyun asks with a bit of apprehension lingering in his tone as he gestures to both himself and Chanyeol.
There’s not much talk about Baekhyun as he hasn't been involved in much big drama where he is the main focus, the same can’t be said for Chanyeol after the maid incident that he decided to pull onto himself.

“Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol,” This time Junmyeon speaks, showing that he too has heard of all of us, “You two are a couple much like Jongin and Kyungsoo, you were involved with the whole maid scene as well.”
Chanyeol groans in disgust and pinches the bridge of his nose as he mentions that, causing most of the males around the table to laugh.

“Damn that was a bad week.” Chanyeol utters with a shake of his head, thinking that if he shakes hard enough the memories of that time will simply cease to exist. I wish that’s how it worked, but it’s unfortunately not.

“Speak for yourself, that was the week that Jongin and I first said I love you to each other.” Kyungsoo says, peering around my arm to look at Chanyeol who sits next to me.
Everyone, including me but excluding Kyungsoo and Chanyeol make an ‘awe’ sound at this, causing Kyungsoo’s cheeks to adorably darken in colour once again.He ignores the fact that he is blushing though, more focused on proving Chanyeol wrong.

“Yeah well it was a bad week for me.” Chanyeol answers back, shuffling closer to Baekhyun as if for protection. I have the feeling that if this does turn bad, Baekhyun won’t be able to do much to protect his giant boyfriend, and not only because he is half is height.

“You bought the bad week on yourself, okay? End of argument.” Baekhyun says, successfully shutting Chanyeol up. If there is anything that Baekhyun is good at it's shutting Chanyeol up, he is often the only one that Chanyeol will listen to afterall.

“You guys have been through a lot in less than a term, haven’t you?” Minseok says, everyone turning to face him once again.
Us four nervously chuckle, I scratch the nape of my neck at the same time.

“I guess you could say that.” Chanyeol says, nodding a long to his words.

“No you’re right. A hell of a lot has happened.” I further confirm what Chanyeol had said, turning my head mid-sentence to look at Kyungsoo as I talk. “But it was all worth it.”

“Smooth Jongin.” Yixing comments from across the table, a couple of other’s laughing at his comment but the sounds seem to fall deaf on my ears. All I am focused on is Kyungsoo, the rest of the world has left my mind.

“Stop being so cheesy.” Kyungsoo says, a light almost embaressed giggle following his words as he presses a kiss to my cheek, not caring that the whole table has now stopped to look at us.

“You love it really.” I say back, returning the kiss by placing one onto his temple. Moments like this are golden, they’re the type that you want to be able to remember forever.

“No I love you.” Kyungsoo corrects me, sealing our lips together in a love filled kiss. The males round the table start wolf-whistling, earning the attention of random people who sit both in the restaurant and arcade. Not even the sounds of the machines are enough to block out how loud they are to everyone.
Eventually we’re forced to part, due to the amount of stares the two of us are receiving, but truthfully neither of us care, we just need to remain modest in public.

“I love you too.” The remaining modest in public part goes out of the window as our lips collide again. Honestly, who cares about public appearance anyway? Love is a thing that deserves to be shown and shared, right?

“Aye! Break it up lovebirds!”