Chapter 10 - Fears (Part 1)

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Jongin's P.O.V:

Throughout my whole life I've believed that as soon as one bad thing happens it just triggers a landslide of bad events. Well I thought that until now at least.

Yes, technically speaking breaking my ankle is bad. Very as now I'm not going to be able to dance for a while. But that doesn't matter. I'd break my ankle a million times if it meant that I could spend more time with Kyungsoo.

So far he's managed to make this whole experience into one of the best things that has happened to me in a hell of a long time.

We spent a long time just sitting in that park. Talking, laughing, sharing memories. It's something that I haven't done in a while.

I do have friends back in England. But they were never people that I could ever talk to like this. I only saw them when I had dance, and since I took online classes I never met anyone through school. I was cut off from them for most of the time.

Out of everyone I knew from there, I was closest to Sehun. But even so, I don't talk to him like this. It's either that both of us are busy are it's just wrong place wrong time.

Just talking over Facebook and Skype was completely different to talking in real life, face to face. Here I could pick up on the little things, like the colour of his eyes and the way his hair always seemed to fall just the right way.

I noticed for the first time just how beautiful he was.

Everything about him was perfect.

And his voice. Don't even get me started on his voice. When he speaks, it doesn't matter what he's saying, it will always sound like music to my ears. His voice is one of an angels.

When we had finally left the park it was about 3pm. We only left since Sehun had to catch a plane, much to the disappointment of everyone. Him and Baekhyun seemed to be getting on extremely well, and Chanyeol was enjoying catching up with him after years of not seeing each other. Kyungsoo seemed to like him as well, but had spent more time talking to me than him.

Sehun had decided to go back to England, since he figured that I would be fine here. Truthfully speaking, I didn't want him to go. But I was going to be staying here with Kyungsoo, so at the end of the day I was still happy. Sehun, promised me that he'd work on getting all of my belongings sent over to me, which I'm extremely thankful for.

It sure is going to be weird not seeing him anymore, even if we didn't get to hang out that much. I know we'll see each other again, that's what he made me promise him. But still, we said goodbye like it was the end of the world or something.

After saying our goodbyes to Sehun we had all gone shopping. I needed clothes to last me until my stuff arrived back England, and the other's had all decided that none of their clothes would really suit me or fit me. And Chanyeol was just refusing to share altogether like usual.

After we had spent about four hours of walking around a massive shopping centre, we headed to Kyungsoo's apartment, as he's basically forcing me to stay there. I had tried to protest, saying that i'd just stay in some hotel close by. But he was having none of it.

He went from innocently cute to deadly serious within a matter of seconds, giving me no chance to protest. Now I'm staying with Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Baekhyun in a small one bedroom apartment.

They decided that I would sleep in Kyungsoo's bed, Kyungsoo would use a blow-up mattress and sleep to the side of his bed and Chanyeol and Baekhyun would sleep in the living room like they had been doing for the past few weeks.

I have no idea how this is going to work.

I don't think this living arrangement will be stable for long.

------------------------------------------

It's currently 12:30am, and I am lying here wide awake due to goddamn jetlag. Back in England, it would only be about 3:30pm or something like and my mind was still set on that's where I live.

I rolled over to lay on my side, burying my head into the feather soft pillows as I just lay there thinking.

I inhaled through my nose, managing to catch the scent of Kyungsoo as I did so. Really everything smelled of him, but it was his room this was expected.

He does smell nice though, it's not really a strong 'manly' smell, it's just soft and nice. It's kind of like flowers but at the same time not. It's hard to explain.

I could feel my eyes start to grow heavier as I lay like this, there was something comforting about being wrapped up in the elder's scent.

I was about to drop off but the sound of light sobs drew me out of the land of sleep and back into the real world.

At first I thought that I was just imagining things, but then I heard them again, this time slightly louder. And there was only one person that it could be.

"Kyungsoo?" I questioned as I sat up in the bed before swinging my legs over the side so that I was turned towards the other male, who lays there shaking on the blow-up mattress. "Hey, Kyungsoo what's wrong?"

I spoke softly as I sat there, the coldness of the night immediately hitting my skin causing goose bumps to run across my arms.

As he didn't reply, I began to grow more worried. I would get up and go to comfort him, but thanks to my bloody broken ankle I can't. My crutches are on the other side of the bed and I really don't want to try rolling over there to get to them. Plus that would mean taking my eyes of Kyungsoo, and at this moment in time that is something that I refuse to do.

"Kyungsoo, are you crying?" That was a stupid question. I knew he was, I just needed to know why. I'm really no good in situations like this, I've never been forced to deal with them like this before.

As I say that, Kyungsoo begins to sit up, rubbing at his eyes with the back of his hands. "You don't need to pretend like you weren't crying Kyungsoo." I speak to him as softly as I can, trying to use words to comfort the smaller male instead of actions.

Saying that just causes him to cry more. He buries his face into the palms of his hands and lets out sobs that break my hand. I ignore the pain the shoots through my ankle as I stand up, half hopping and half shuffling over to him before sitting on the air mattress next to Kyungsoo, causing it to dip slightly. Luckily it was big enough for me to be able to sit next to him, meaning I can wrap an arm around his shoulder and bring him closer to me, rubbing his right shoulder the arm that's wrapped around him slightly as I do so.

At first he tenses up, as if scared of my touch. But after a few moments he relaxes, clinging onto my arm as if I am going to disappear at any moment.

"Kyungsoo, what's wrong? You know you can tell me right."

"I-It's stupid."

"What's stupid?"

"Th-the reason wh-why I'm cr--rying it's stupid!" He sighs in frustration as his sobs break through his words, causing them to break up. He's annoyed at himself for breaking down like this, I can tell.

"If it's made you breakdown like this it's not stupid, you can tell me I won't judge you."

He nods softly against my arm as I speak, as if signifying to me that he'll tell me.

"I..I always have th-this nightmare. It's one th-that I'll have about th-three maybe fou-four times a week. I hate it s-so much, an-and it always makes m-me break down like th-this" His cries get louder as he says this, big fat tears continuing to roll down his pale, tear stained cheeks.

"Do you want to talk about it? It may help?" I offered. I heard that if you talk about what scares you, it may help you to overcome your fear of it. I don't really think that it works, but at least if he tells me I will have a better idea on how to help him.

"P-promise that you w-won't think I'm being st-stupid and a coward?" He looks up at me with big, tear filled eyes. Doe eyes that look like they're begging for me to say I promise. I simply nod, being unable to answer as I stare into eyes.

He looks down again before he talks, wiping away tears with the back of his hand once again. He's stopped sobbing by now and is starting to calm down, but I know that he is still shaken up.

"It's the same dream every time. It always starts off the same way and finishes the same way, with me alone. At the start I'll be surrounded by everyone that I love now or have loved in my past. Everyone that I have ever cared about. And one by one, they grow to hate me. Some wish I was dead, my family disown me and all my friends leave. Leaving me alone in this cruel world."

I sit there in silence for a moment, not knowing how to talk to him about this, I open my mouth and go to answer but am cut off by him before I can.

"But the thing is. It's not just a nightmare. For me it's reality. My family did disown me, and I have lost all of my friends before. Everyone that gets close to me always ends up hating me in the end. I just don't want to end up alone Jongin. Promise me I won't b-be alone!" He draw's his knees up to his chest and buries his head into them as the tears start again, his whole body shakes.

He's scared of being alone.

"I promise Kyungsoo. You won't be alone because you'll always have me."