Chapter 29 - First Dance

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Saturday 30th September
Jongin’s P.O.V:

 

I can’t put into words how happy I am right now, there will never be enough words to express the joy that I feel at the moment. Kyungsoo and I are currently walking back to the college campus, hand in hand. It’s the first time we’ve been able to walk like this and let me tell you, it’s amazing. More than amazing. We can be constantly connected for the first time, I feel like I’m drunk off love. I thought that my feelings were strong for him before, but they’re even stronger now.

 

“Do you want to go straight to the dancing studio?” Kyungsoo asks, looking up at me with big eyes and a sweet smile. Our linked hands swing back and forth together between our bodies as we turn the corner, entering the college campus.

“I should change into something more comfortable first, then we can go. I thought you were going to make me rest up.” I say as we walk up the few steps that lead into the boys dorm. I separate our hands to run ahead, opening the door for Kyungsoo to walk through first. This small gesture has him blushing, it’s perfect. I follow after him, quickly linking our hands back together as we enter the building.  A few of the boys who are wandering around on the ground floor turn to look at us, some staring at our intertwined hands and other’s whispering to their friends about the fact that I’m now off crutches. It bothers me. It bothers me that people feel the needs to comment on our every move and I know it bothers Kyungsoo too. He doesn’t say anything about it but I can tell by the way his grip on my hand tightens.

“Yes we’re holding hands and my ankle healed, get over it people!” I suddenly look over to the three boys who were muttering as I say this, obviously startling them. They actually thought they were being quiet? Pathetic. The boys give a small bow before rushing off down the corridor.

“You didn’t have to do that you know.” Kyungsoo says, bringing my attention back to him.

“I know, but you weren’t going to do it now, were you?” He smiles at this, shaking his head to confirm what I said as being true.

“Come on, your precious dance time is being wasted. Last one up to the dorm has to carry the other’s bag for the next two weeks!” Kyungsoo announces, dropping my hand and sprinting up the stairs at a record speed. For someone with such small legs he sure can run fast.

“Yah! That’s not fair!”

------------------

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

“Are you nearly ready, Nini?” I call to him from outside of the bathroom, he’s been in there changing for only about five minutes but it feels like he’s been in there forever, why he even went in there to change I do not know. Maybe it’s out of habit, whilst he was on crutches he could get changed out here as he would always need something to support himself on, the bathroom sink is the only thing high enough for him to do that on.

“One second!” Comes his reply, the sound of movement from within the wash room following after. It’s fair to say that I am more than excited to see him dance. I’m probably more excited to see him dance than he is about dancing, but I managed to mask my excitement fairly well, the same can’t be said about Jongin.

The sound of the lock turning grabs my attention, Jongin peeps his head round the door smiling like a dork as he pulls it open. He’s wearing a white button up shirt which has a line of 6 zippers going horizontally on each side of the buttons, his jeans are now a pair of lose fitting black ones instead of his normal skinny design and he wears a pair of black-boot-like shoes. He looks stunning.

“Wow.” I breathe, scanning my eyes up and down his form about one hundred times, “You look amazing, babe. But how is that comfier than what you were wearing earlier?” I ask, he had said he needed to change into something comfy, but that looked anything but it.

He smiles softly, looking down at himself before back up at me, he holds his arms out as if to gesture to is clothing, “I was meant to wear this for the big performance back in England. I was meant to be the first one to go up on stage, wearing this and dace my little heart out. But of course that didn’t happen, no one has ever seen me perform this, not even the people back in England as I choreographed it all myself and refused to show anyone until the night of the performance. I want to show you this dance, as it’ll be one to remember.” He drops his arms back down to his side once he’s finished explaining, his smile growing which in turn causes mine to do the same.

“I really do have the best boyfriend.” I say, moving to hug the taller as I do so, the zips are slightly uncomfortable pressed up against my body, but I couldn’t care less.  “Let’s go,  I’m dying to see you.” I part the hug as I say this, grabbing a water bottle that I filled for Jongin earlier, off of the desk before handing it to him. He takes it, kissing my temple in a way of thanks. He then grabs his laptop from his bed before opening the door of our room, letting me go through first once again. I never knew he could be this much of a gentleman until now.

“Hey Kyungsoo!” It’s Kibum, he’s standing by his door and looks like he’s just about to head in. There are multiple bags sitting on the floor besides him, each bag sporting a different type of clothing brand.

“Heya Key!” I wave slightly as I say this, Jongin now coming to stand by the side of me. Key’s jaw drops open as he takes in the sight of Jongin, he looks like he looks like he’s about to pass out.

“Jongin you look amazing!” Kibum practically squeals, dropping his set of keys on the floor just to come and get a closer look at Jongin’s outfit.

“I er..thanks.” Jongin says, rubbing the nape of his neck as he does so.

“Where did you get this from?” Key questions, running his finger along one of the zips on Jongin’s shirt as he does so. I can’t help but get slightly jealous of how close he is to Jongin, but I try not to let it show.

“It’s an English brand, I had it bought for me before I came over here.” Jongin explains, this new information causes Kibum to gasp as he looks at Jongin is disbelief.

“It’s a foreign brand?!” He queries out of disbelief, Jongin nods to answer his question smiling at the Key’s reaction.

“I must go and search for this!” And with that Kibum is gone, back down to his door, picking up his keys and bag and opening the door within a second, leaving both Jongin and I speechless now just staring at the space where Kibum used to be.

“Well that was...” Jongin starts, finally tearing his gaze away from the spot that once occupied Key’s presence to look at me.

“..Yeah.” I finish his sentence, shaking my head slightly at the scene that just occurred.

“Come on.” Jongin grasps my hand in his and starts walking off down the corridor in the direction of the stairs. We don’t break this contact until we are in one of the smaller dance studios of the main building. Bright lights bounce from the mirrors as soon as they’re , illuminating the whole room in a hospital like light. Jongin walks over to one of the speakers located in the corner of the room, as this room is smaller than the main one it only has two speakers, if it had anymore your ears would bleed as soon as you pressed play.  He hooks up his laptop to the speaker, placing it on top of it as he starts searching for the right song.

I decide to take a seat on the far side of the room, sliding down the wall to sit on the floor. I stare at my own reflection in the wall length mirror, tilting my head from side to side as I do so.  It’s only now that I realize how boring I look, my black hair is plain and does nothing for me. Maybe I should dye it at some point?

“Aha, found it.” Jongin speaks up, smiling as he finds the right song. He sets it up however does not press play just yet, he grabs a remote that was placed on the top of the speaker before walking over to me.

“When I say so, hit play please, Soo.” He holds the remote down to me as he speaks, I quickly take the rectangular device from him, nodding as I do so.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve done this. If I mess up, I’m sorry.” Jongin turns his back to me, walking into the open space of the dance studio. It’s only now that I notice how nervous he is about this. The way he looks into the mirror, it’s as if he thinks the whole world will come crashing down around him if he messes this up.

“Jongin you’re going to do amazing, and even if you do mess up I won’t be able to tell. I just want to see you dance, and all you want to do is dance, so go for it.” I speak with so much confidence, smiling as I do so. He looks down at my reflection in the mirror, smiling into it as well.

“Press play, Kyungie.” I do as he says, and the speakers immediately come to life. The tune that comes on is quite tense, it has my hairs standing on edge.

“If this was the performance this would be the part where I walk out, there’s no dance moves to this bit, I’m sorry.” He has to speak slightly louder over the sound the speakers are making. The only sound I can recognise is that of a heart beat that backs up the eerie sound which seems to be the main focus.

“It’s okay.” I whisper, to focused on watching him for any little movements to speak any louder.  Jongin finally makes a move as a guitar starts playing over the speakers;

‘She’s my baby saehayan geu son kkeute
Nogabeorin syokollatte you’re walking into my door, oh yeah!’

 it gives a totally different feeling to this moment.  He keeps his back to me, watching himself in the mirror as he glides across the wooden floor, each tiny little movement done in perfect time to the music. He is beautifully composed as his soul focuses on the music, his expression baring a certain amount of seriousness and passion that I have never seen from him before.

‘Jom deo neol naege boyeojwo (don’t lie)
Soljikhaejindamyeon (it
’s gonna be easy)’

I find it almost impossible to breath as I watch him, I’m blown away. I’ve seen some good dancers in my time, but never one as good as Jongin. He’s nothing like I’ve ever seen before. Every single movement is on point, it’s as if his body was given to him by the Gods, that’s how perfect each movement is. His hips move in such a perfect yet sinful way, his hands are always in just the right position and his feet never fail to keep up.

‘Dan han beondo neukkil su eopdeon dalkomhan hamoni’

He never loses focus for a moment, he always know where he is and what he’s doing. His attention has been on his reflection the whole time, never once leaving as if he’s scared of making a mistake if he does.
‘Don’t be too late!’

But as he makes that final, heart stopping move our eyes connect, instantly sending me into a hurricane full of feelings. He finally spins around to face me, his facial expression still full of seriousness as he does so. He starts to walk towards me with so much confidence, so much happiness and pride. I want to be able to see him like this every day.

This is him, this is the man I love.