Chapter 4 - Chanbaek Surprise!

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

The next few days were all pretty much the same, but they weren't boring. Far from that in fact. Most of the day was taken up by messaging Jongin either on Facebook or over on Snapchat, since we both agreed that it would be a good idea since we can send selcas a lot more easily. It was always nice to wake up in the morning to a flood of notifications from him, it was the only reason I bothered to wake up.

Today though was slightly different, I woke up to the normal messages from Jongin but then I also had a flood of messages from Chanyeol and Baekhyun, two of my friends from school who live on the other side of the goddamn country.

-Chanyeol has added you to the chat-

Park Chanyeol: D.O!

Byun Baekhyun: Earth to D.O!

Park Chanyeol: D.O look at your damn messages!

Byun Baekhyun: We can see that you are online mister!

Do Kyungsoo: What's up?

Park Chanyeol: Oh finally he replies! What took you so long?

Do Kyungsoo: I was talking to someone else, you two aren't my only friends ya know!

Byun Baekhyun: 'Someone else' ayyye? ;)

Do Kyungsoo: It's not like that!

Byun Baekhyun: Surrrrrrre it's not

Do Kyungsoo: Oh shush! Why are you two messaging me anyway?
-You set your nickname to D.O-

Park Chanyeol: Can't two friends message another friend to say hi and catch up?
-Park Chanyeol set his nickname to Chanyeol-
-Byun Baekhyun set his nickname to Baekhyun-

D.O: Not when it's you two! You guys either want something from me, or something is happening that will involve me somehow so which one is it?

Baekhyun: See I told you he would see right through it!

D.O: See right through what?!

Chanyeol: Damn it Baekhyun we were going to surprise him! It was still a surprise until you said that!

D.O: WHAT SURPRISE?!

Chanyeol: Just open the door to your apartment

After reading the message about opening the door I started to worry. What was going on? What surprise?

Had these two sent someone over here to murder me? Would they really do that?! Okay now I am just being stupid.

I slowly dragged myself off of my couch and went over to the door of my apartment, opening it just slightly and peeking my head around the corner to see who or what was outside.

"Surprise~!" Chanyeol and Baekhyun both shouted as I opened the door, both of them wearing the same goofy grin as Chanyeol rested his chin on Baekhyun's shoulder.

"What...how...why are you guys here?!" I opened the door wider as I spoke, letting the both of them into my apartment. Of course I was surprised to see them, but a good surprised at that.

"Well, it's kind of a long story." Baekhyun spoke up as we all moved to go and sit in the lounge area. Chanyeol and I sat on the couch whilst Baekhyun sat on the coffee table that was in front of us.

"I've literally got all day guys, you might as well explain it to me, no?" I asked, looking between the both of them to see who was going to give the answer. Baekhyun's smile was removed from his face due to the thought of explaining, a sad almost pout now replaced it.

"It's okay Baekhyun, I'll explain." Chanyeol spoke softly to him before turning to me.

"Right, well you know how I asked Baekhyun to be my boyfriend a couple of days before we broke up for the summer?"

I nodded in response, deciding it would be better not to interrupt and just let him explain the whole story all in one go.

"Well, we thought it would be better to tell both of our parents at the same time, so we organized this group family meal type of thing. Both of our parents were there and everything was going really well. That was until we told them about us." He sighs softly, pausing just for a moment before he continued with the explanation.

"Once we had told them the news, they were both silent. Nobody said anything for about five minutes. Since neither of us had already come out to them, we knew that it would be a lot for them to take in so we just waited until someone was ready to speak up. Surprisingly, my Father was the one to speak up first, but he kick started the spiral of bad news."

He breaks to look at Baekhyun for a moment, who now has his head in his hands and is lightly shaking. Chanyeol moves to sit next to him on the coffee table, putting one arm around him, pulling him closer to himself. He now faces me again as he talks.

"He told me that we had to break up, then and there. Of course we both refused, fighting back and saying we're in love, nothing would change that and we weren't going to break up. By this time Baekhyun's Father just up and left. Not saying anything and not looking back at us. Baekhyun's mother then told us that neither of us were welcome back into their home before she left. My dad looked to my mother as she just shook her head. They then said the same as Baekyun's parents and left. We haven't seen or spoken to any of them since then."

I just sat there for a moment, in pure shock. I never imagined that their parents would react like that.

"I...I'm so sorry guys." I managed to say softly, looking between the both of them as I did.

"There's no need for you to apologize you didn't do anything after all." Baekhyun said, sniffling softly to hold back tears as he did so.

"I'm guessing that neither of you have anywhere to go or to stay now, do you?"

They both shook their heads in response, Chanyeol managing to smile softly as he spoke.

"Would we by any chance be able to crash here for a couple of days? Just until we figure out what to do?"

"Of course you can! I'm not going to leave you out on the streets, you can stay here for as long as you want, as long as you don't mind using the lounge as a bedroom." I gave the both of them a reassuring smile, Baekhyun's smile returning for the first time since they entered my apartment.

"Thank you D.O"

"Thank you so much."