Chapter 26 - Who Do You Think You Are?

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Monday 11th September

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

I spent the rest of Sunday worried, shaking and crying my eyes out into the early hours of the morning. Even now, as I stand here desperately trying to save my hair which refuses to stay down, I'm crying. I can't stop, I won't stop. I'm terrified.

"Soo, don't cry again please, love." Jongin says, coming up behind me and resting his head on my shouldet. He starts pressing light kisses on my neck, telling me to calm down and that everything will be alright. But it won't be I know it.

"I-I can't stop, Jongin." I pitifully wail, dropping the brush I was using so that I can bury my head in my hands, willing the tears to stop.

"Kyungsoo come on, you can. You're stronger than you think, and I know that you can get through this." Jongin tries to reassure me with so much confidence, his voice calm and steady as he speaks.

"I'm not strong Jongin."

"You are, I know you are. You trust me don't you?" The answer to that is obvious. Of course I do, I trust him with all of my heart. But right now, my mind is taking over my heart and telling me to ignore what he says as I know what's best. I know that I'm going to break down, but I can't. I can't do that to Jongin, he doesn't deserve to see me hurt anymore.

"Y-yes."

"Then trust me when I say you're strong. Trust me when I say that you can get through this. Trust me when I say I'll be here to help you and protect you." He finishes by placing a kiss into the back of my hair, nuzzling his nose into my soft locks. As he says this I remove my hands from my eyes, blinking away the last few tears before looking down to the ring that hangs from my neck. The writing glistens in the light and never fails to make me feel at peace, never mind the situation.

"I trust you Jongin, with all of my heart."

"Good. Now you only have to face two hours of lessons today, and those two hours are with me. You can do this." That's right, on Monday's I only have two hours of English, bless that lesson. The teacher, Mr.Kim is nice enough hopefully he'll be able to help out with any bullies in the class as well. Mr.Kim, like many other teachers in the school has a son that attends Bighit Private College. He doesn't talk about him much but I know that he's a rapper like Cha...like 'him'.

"I can do this." I say, mustering up all the courage I can as I smile, enjoying the sight of Jongin and I in the mirror.
I can do this.
Right?

-------------------------------------

"Morning Jongin, morning Kyungsoo." Key greets us as he, Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho come to the top of the stairs, we have started to meet here every morning, walking down to the classroom building together. All of them wear sympathetic smiles as they look over at me, they all know I can tell just by looking at them.

"How're you feeling?" Jonghyun questions, aiming the question at me. I simply shrug, forcing myself to smile just slightly. They all get the point, I'm not fine. I won't be fine until I face this day and get it over with, this day will be the worst one after all, Jongin made sure to tell me that.

"We should get going." Taemin informs us, looking from me, to Jongin then to the other's. They all nod and smile, leading the way down the stairs.

"Wait up!" I voice calls from down the hall, the sound of running footsteps vibrating off of the walls. Baekhyun comes sprinting round the corner, hair a mess and dark circles under his eyes. He doubles over, holding onto his knees as he pants to regain breath. It looks like he's only just woken up, actually he doesn't look like he slept at all.

"Morning Baekhyun." Jongin welcomes him, smiling just softly from where he stands at the top of the stairs.

"Go on without us." I whisper down to the four other males who are waiting on the stairs, they all nod and smile muttering a short goodbye before heading off down the stairs.

"Why do you look like you haven't slept at all?" Jongin questions, tilting his head to one side as he does so. Baekhyun starts walking forward, now heading down the stairs. I take a deep breath before following him, Jongin walking next to me as we both know we could run into anyone at any moment.

"I didn't sleep." Baekhyun tells us, looking back over his shoulder to give us a weak and tired smile.

"Why not?" I say, worry evident in my voice. It's not like Baekhyun to lose sleep, he loves to sleep especially when it's beauty sleep.

"Chanyeol didn't come back yesterday." Jongin and I both stop at this new information, Baekhyun carries on walking for a couple of steps but stops as soon as he notices that we have.

"He didn't come back?" I say, feeling physically sick as my mind runs off to where he could be, what he could have done.

"Nope. He hasn't messaged me, called me or come back. I just want to know where he is, ya know?" He smiles sadly, his eyes glossing over with tears that threaten to fall, but he won't let them.

"He'll be back soon, Baek. Don't worry." Jongin comforts him, smiling as he looks from Baekhyun, then to me and then back to Baekhyun. "Come on, the sooner we get this day over the sooner we can try to fix things." And so we begin walking back down the stairs, the dorm is quiet as we walk through it, no sign of life at all. It's creepy to be honest.

We make it outside, the warm heat of the day hitting all of us at once. I blink a few times adjusting to the outside light.

"Look! There's my ty little maid~!" My eyes widen as a voice calls from across the campus, I don't dare to look at who the voice belongs to. I don't want to face them. I hear Baekhyun sigh and Jongin growl as I close my eyes, shutting out the world.

"Ignore them." Jongin growls through gritted teeth and I know that he's sending death glares at the boy who dared to shout at me. "Come on." Jongin says, starting to walk towards the building of classrooms. Baekhyun does the thing that Jongin can't and wraps his arm around my shoulders in a friendly comforting way.

"It's going to be okay, Soo. You can do this." Baekhyun reassures me as we start following after Jongin. Jongin looks like he's on a mission to destroy anyone who dares to make a single comment about me. It's sweet really, but I don't want him to get hurt.

The hallways are crowded as we enter the building, boys rushing around to get to their first lesson. However, the whole hallway comes to a standstill as they lay eyes on me. Hushed whispers, shady eyes and threats are quickly thrown my way. It's the start of my decent into hell.

"Maid come here and carry my books!" A lad shouts from the middle of the crowd, causing said crowd to errupt into laughter. I bow my head as my cheeks heat up from embarrassment, Baekhyun meekly tells the guy to shut up but this just causes more laughter.

"SHUT UP!!" Jongin's voice booms around the small corridor and everyone falls silent immediately. I've never seen him like this, so worked up and tense. He's doing all of this for me, someone cares about me this much. I can't help but smile. Jongin comes to stand behind me, smiling as he does so.
"Walk forward." He whispers to me, I'm hesitant but I do. I walk forward with my head still down, most boys part the way, now terrified of Jongin and what he's capable of.

"Who do you think you are?" It's the boy from earlier, who now stands in front of Jongin and I. He's a lot smaller than Jongin and but taller than me, he's not intimidating at all. He's looking past me and up at Jongin, glaring at him in the process.

"It's none of you business who I am, now move." Jongin snarls, glaring daggers at the boy as he towers over both myself and him.

"Why should I?" He challenges, stepping closer as he does so. He's so close now that he steps on the tips of my toes, smiling at the way my face contorts in slight pain.

"Because, if you don't," Jongin starts, breathing in deeply through his nose and rolling his head back to click his neck before he continues, "I'll rip your hair out of the pretty little head of yours." He says, smiling in one of his threateningly creepy ways.

"Ten lets go." A male round about my height says from the side of him, holding onto his arm and dragging him away. I let out a sigh of relief, but I'm still tense. Everyone continues to stare at us, whispering to their friends about what they've heard, what they saw. I hate it

"Forward Kyungsoo, head held high."

-------------------------

It's Lunchtime and I'm sat in the cafeteria with Jongin, Taemin, Minho and Baekhyun. Food is being constantly thrown towards our table, the odd crude or downright offensive comment following after it. I begged Jongin to let us eat back in the dorm, but he forced me to face everyone. I protested, I wanted to scream and cry until he took me out but tthat would make things worse. 

"Ignore them." Jongin mutters from the side of me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him for protection.

"I hate this." I grumble, stuffing my face with food as I do so. The food from the canteen tastes bland, and I know I could put all of the cooks here to shame, but at this point in time I really don't care.

"I know Soo, I do too." Jongin says, giving my waist a small squeeze as he kisses my forehead.

"We all hate this Kyungsoo," Taemin speaks up, looking away from Minho to join in with our conversation, "We all hate seeing you go through this, we just wish that we could help." Taemin smiles directly at me as he speaks, his eyes telling me that everything will be alright soon. I just wish I could believe him.

"Thank you, Taemin." I tell him, smiling softly as I do so. You'd think I wouldn't be able to smile, but it's hard when I'm surrounded by some of the best people in the world who are able to block out the constant hate that gets thrown my way.

"If I could, I'd bend that pretty little maid over this table and him in front of everyone." A boy announces from the other side of the canteen, successfully earning the attention of everyone. Jongin starts growling again, it's become a natural reaction of his. People begin to stare at him, as he's now known as my protector. The only one who's brave enough to stand up for me at a time like this.

"Forgive me if I embarrass you, Kyungie." Jongin tells me, giving my cheek a quick peck before he grabs his crutches off of the floor.

"What are you doing?" I hiss, as he stands up, climbing up onto his chair before he's on the table, standing there for everyone to see. I look up at him, jaw hanging open, everyone else round the table in the same state.

"Alright listen up!" Jongin speaks with that commanding tone of voice, much like he did early. It has the same effect on everyone, they all fall silent.

"Everyone's seen it, right? The photo of the pretty little maid?" Everyone nods, humming as a way of saying yes.

"Jongin what are yo-."

"Hush babe." He whispers down to me, sending me a small smile before he looks back up to address everyone once again. "Well, that pretty little maid, belongs to me! He's mine and mine alone. So mister," he looks in the direction that the voice previously came from," the only person who would bend him over in this canteen and him senseless is me, only wouldn’t because unlike your poor I actually have class." He nods over in the direction that the voice came from, not truly knowing who he's talking to.

My cheeks turn red at the announcement he just made to pretty much the whole school, people have their phones out recording the scene as it unfolds, another thing that'll go viral. I look over to Baekhyun, who just sends a thumbs up, making a little ring with his thumb and index thing after as he signs that it's okay.

"That picture, came about due to a bet that Kyungsoo lost, a stupid one at that. He never asked for it to be put online, and he never asked for any of this. It needs to stop. He's not a toy, he doesn't deserve to die and he is certainly still a man. More of a man than any of you!" Jongin shouts, seriousness painted on his features as he does so. He looks down to me, and motions for me to stand up with him. At first I refuse, shaking my head, but I knew that wouldn't work.

"Get up, Soo." Baekhyun whispers, both Taemin and Minho nod at me to do so and Jongin looks down at me with confident and love filled eyes. The room remains silent as I come to stand next to Jongin, he drops one of his crutches down to the table and wraps his arm around me, holding me tight against his side.

"This boy, is stronger than all of you, he's stronger than you'll ever be! Because when you guys, spent your time fantasying over the positions you could get him into and what sort of insults you could throw at him, he got on with life. He came here today, proving to all of you what he can do, and I love him for that." He looks directly into my eyes as he finishes talking, no one else in the room even breaths at the sudden confession.

"I love you, Do Kyungsoo." My already red cheeks feel like they're on fire, my heart beats so fast that I feel like it'll jump out of my chest.

"I love you too, Kim Jongin." It's the perfect moment, the perfect time but not the perfect setting. Everyone stares up at us in shock, a few people clap(those claps mainly coming from our table) and a few people mutter to themselves but no one dares to say anything to us. Almost no one.

"Who do you think you are?!" It's the same person from earlier on, I forget his name..Ben...Ten? I don't know, and at this moment I don't care.

"Who am I? I'm Kim Jongin, nickname Kai, I'm 182cm tall, I am a dancer and I love fried chicken. But most importantly, I'm Kim Jongin boyfriend of Do Kyungsoo." He brings his free hand to cup the back of my neck, pulling me closer to seal our lips together in the perfect kiss. Now this, this does cause people to clap. At least half of the hall erupts into cheers and wolf whistles but I don't hear it. The only thing I hear is Jongin's words ringing in my ears.

'I love you, Do Kyungsoo."

//This wasn't truly proof read so I'm sorry for any mistakes I just wanted to get this out. I'm squealing at my own writing is that bad? - Kai