Chapter 14 - Coffee

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

Feelings are weird.
I hate them.
They are too confusing.
On the day that Kai gave me the necklace (which I now never take off) my feelings went crazy.
My feelings for him were set on fire in every way possible.
Ihad suspected feelings of love towards him before, but they were never as strong as they were on that day.

My feelings were confirmed on that day. But I couldn't tell him. I still can't. I will never be able to tell him.
But that day was a week ago.
And every day since then the feelings have stuck around.
They won't go away. No matter how hard I try to get them to go, they stay.

----------------------

Really, not much has changed since that day. We're still friends, well closer now that I think about it. Kai still has a broken ankle which still has another three weeks of healing to do.

School is now only one week away.

Oh yeah, and the Chanbaek crew moved out of the apartment. Yay! I'm not being horrible! They're two of my closest friends, but four guys living in a one bedroom apartment was just too much. Plus they needed their own space to do their own things. We will still see each other a lot, they'll be visiting as they only moved into a hotel which is a couple of minutes away, and we will see each other when we go back to college.

They didn't bother with buying an apartment as we will be moving back into the dorms at our college in a week, they will look into buying one after this term has ended. They'll have a place for Christmas at least.

Jongin will be attending my college. We got everything set up over the last couple of days.
That fact alone makes me one of the happiest boys alive.
At least now I will be able to see my crush every day. Or will that be more like torture? Unrequited love. It's torture, right?
It's unrequited, right?
I'll never know.

--------------------------

(The next day)

Jongin's P.O.V:

Who does Kyungsoo like?
No.
Who does Kyungsoo LOVE.

I've been thinking too hard about who it may be. I know that I shouldn't be thinking about it this much. I know that it would be easier just to ask him who it is. But I can't.
I may seem outgoing but I'm not.
I'm useless when it comes to love. In the past, relationships have done nothing but go downhill. Most of the time they weren't even relationships, just one off little flings here and there with random people.

I push all my thoughts to the side for once as I need to start the day. I can't lay here, just covering myself with self pity and my thoughts on love.

I swing my legs over the side of the couch, being careful not to knock my ankle as I sit up, stretching out my limbs which are heavy from sleep. I'm sleeping here now as it's easier to get up and down from. Kyungsoo can't lift me up from the air mattress that I have been sleeping on, and I can't get up myself, so this is now where I stay.

I put up a fight though.
I didn't want to leave the comfort of Kyungsoo's room, but most importantly I didn't want to leave him. What if he has another nightmare and I'm not there to protect him?
Well, I made a deal with him. He has to come to me if he wakes in the middle of the night, it doesn't matter what it's about he has to come to me, even if it is something stupid.

I pick my crutches up from off the floor before using them to stand up. I'm use to and fed up of doing this by now. I just want to be able to walk around, and more importantly dance again. I've missed out on so much practise time, and with college coming up that really is a must have thing for me at the moment.

I quietly make my way over to the kitchen, begging the floor boards not to creek as I move across them.
Kyungsoo is still asleep, and on top of that he is a very light sleeper. Any sudden movements or noises and he is awake. He needs sleep, it's important for everyone and I don't want to be the one to drag him away from it, not unless it's for a good cause.

But this floor hates me, as soon as my crutch touches the floor board right outside of Kyungsoo's room, it creaks. And not just slightly either. Noooooo. It just so happens to be one of the creakiest floor boards known to mankind.

After that I give up on trying to be quite and shuffle into the kitchen as quickly as I can.There is no movement or sound from the elder’s room, so I'll take that as a good sign.
I click down the button on the kettle, turning it on. It starts bubbling after a couple of seconds, luckily this kettle isn't that loud and most of the sound is muffled out by the kitchen door which I decided to close on the way in here.

Making coffee whilst balancing on crutches was hard at first, but I'm used to it now. I can make coffee whilst on crutches like a pro. And coffee is important. It's the most important thing to have in the morning, a lot of people would disagree but I think that those people are just blind to what coffee actually does for a person.

I'm just about to start moving back to the lounge when the kitchen door flies open, revealing a very tired looking Kyungsoo.
It is only about eight in the morning so I wouldn't blame him if he was tired. I'm only awake because I couldn't sleep and I was thirsty.

Kyungsoo stands by the door, rubbing at his eyes, trying to get the sleep to leave them. His hair sticks up in all random directions and he wears a pair of pyjama shorts, but most of them are covered by the oversized jumper that he wears. It must be about three sizes too big for him as it goes down to just over his knees and it's nearly falling off his shoulders.

"Morning Soo, did I wake you?" I question, placing the mug of coffee down onto the table so I can have a better sense of balance whilst talking to him.

He just nods before stealing my coffee off of the table, claiming it as his own.

"Sorr-Hey that's mine!"

"Well it's mine now. You woke me up I deserve it." He says, before sticking his tongue out much like a child would.

Cute.

He then at the coffee, much like a kitten would with their milk.

Even cuter.

He winces slightly as the hot liquid touches his tongue, but plays it off as if it was nothing.

"Do you know how hard it is to make coffee whilst on crutches?"

"It can't be that hard if it doesn't take you that long. This is still boiling hot which means it didn't take you that long to make." He points out.

Well he is right after all.

"Just make another one, I'll go sort out something to watch in the lounge." With that he turns and walks away, leaving me to make myself another cup of coffee.

But I don't want to watch anything in the lounge.

I want to watch you.