Chapter 8 - Tomorrow

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Jongin's P.O.V:

I don't really know how it happened. One minute I'm up dancing on the stage and the next I am on the floor, looking up at the stage with the worst pain I have ever felt filling my ankle. People had started to crowd round me, some of them trying to pull me up which of course had just made the pain worse.

They gave up on trying to move me as soon as Jungkook, one of the people from our dance group, pointed out that my ankle was broken. He then called to his friend...Salt...or Suga I think his name is. I don't really know he was only over here for summer break so I didn't pay attentionto his name, all I do know is that he called up the ambulance.

And that was the point where everything really started to go wrong, they took me to the hospital but it was there they told me that they couldn't treat me and blah blah blah.

The basically gave me this whole long speech on how they couldn't treat me, they then got the police involved, it was them who informed me that I would have to be taken back to Korea for treatment, and to live there permanently.
I was an illegal immigrant in the UK.

 

Since everything had gone bad with my parents, they stopped keeping track of my Visa and whether I had a legal one or not. Turns out I did not, it ran out a couple of months back. Thanks parents glad to know you care.

So that's why I am now lying here in some sort of hospital in Korea and not up on stage where I should be. Sehun decided to come along with me, whether it was just for the ride or the fact that he's not allowed to stay over in the UK i'm not sure. Either or, it's good to have him here, I'm pretty sure I would have gone insane on the flight over here if he wasn't with me.

Within five hours of arriving in Korea they had put my ankle in a cast, this cast went all the way around my foot and as I now can't put pressure onto it i'm going to be using crutches for the next six weeks. That would be fine and all, but it means I can't dance which .

"Hey Jongin. How you feeling?" Sehun walks in with two coffees, one for himself and one for me. He hands me the hot disposable cup before taking a seat in the chair next to my uncomfortable hospital bed.

"Alright. Pretty bummed out about the fact that I can't dance for so long though." I sighed softly, taking a sip of the coffee, burning my tongue slightly as it is way too hot to drink at the moment.

"It's only six or so weeks. That time will fly by I am sure of it. And plus something good will come out of all of this. No pain, no gain, right?"
"Really? Some how I don't think so. And you really need to stop with all of those quotes, they don't really help." Sighing, I placed the cup of coffee onto the table next to the bed as the heat radiating off of it was becoming unbearable and just annoying.

"Jongin, you realise where we are, right?"
"Yes. We are in Seoul in Korea, so what?"
He started to shake is head, tutting as if it was obvious. It may be obvious to him but I'm oblivious.

"Who else do we know that lives in Korea?" As he says this he takes his phone out of his jacket's pocket, unlocks it and turns the phone around to show me the screen. Sitting there is a picture of Kyungsoo.

He lives in Korea! HOW COULD I FORGET THAT! I've been so caught up on the thought of not being able to dance that I forgot about the person who has been able to make me smile non-stop for the last three weeks.
I'm really stupid at times I swear.

"Does he know that I'm here?"
"Yes he does. You told me to let him know, remember?"

I did? I must have the worst memory in the world.

"Well do you think that I'm going to be able to see him whilst I am here?"

"Maybe. Do you know which city or town he lives in?"

I shook my head in response, I never asked him as I thought that would just seem like a quite creepy thing to ask him. And mostly because I was too awkward to ask him. That's counted as an awkward question isn't it? I mean where you live is quite a personal thing.

"You should ask him now, I told him that either me or you would message him when things settle back down, so do it." He says handing me his phone as mine was left back home. I hadn't taken it away with me to the competition. I should be receiving my things within the next few days, hopefully at least.

"Cheers." I mumble before typing out a message to D.O

Oh Sehun: Hey D.O, it's Kai I know it's the early hours of the morning but are you awake.

Within a couple of minutes he replied. I honestly wasn't expecting him too, it was about 3:00am and I've never known him to stay up past 12am before.

Do Kyungsoo:  Ah hey. Yeah I'm awake how are you feeling? How's your ankle?

Oh Sehun: Pretty sore but it's alright and all. I know that this may seem weird, but which city do you live in? Since I'm going to have to stay in Korea now this could be our chance to meet up and that. :)

I tapped nervously against the screen as I waited for his answer. Was that a weird way of putting the question? Would he even want to meet me, we had only been talking for a few weeks after all. He may not trust me.

 

Do Kyungsoo: That's a perfectly normal question there's nothing weird about it, I live in Seoul. It would be great to meet up with you! :D

Seoul!? So we go from being hundreds of miles apart to being in the same city within a matter of hours. I stare at the screen for a while, unable to type out anything in response, I'm too busy thinking about everything that's happening.

Do Kyungsoo: Heelllo? You still there.

Oh Sehun: Yeah sorry. I'm actually in Seoul as well, this actually worked out well if you think about it xD

Do Kyungsoo: I know, Sehun let me know which hospital you were going to. You're actually staying in the one that's about ten minutes away from me. I was waiting to hear from you before coming over there.

Ten minutes away?! He actually wanted to visit me as well? As much as I would love to see him as soon as possible, I didn't want our first meeting to be in a hospital. Personally I hate these places and it definitely was not a good place to meet up with him for the first time.

 

Oh Sehun: Seriously!? That's great! There is no need to come over here though, they will discharge me in the morning so why don't I come over to yours? It will give me the chance to practice using my crutches as well.

Do Kyungsoo: How about we meet at the park opposite the hospital, it will save me giving you directions to my place as I am not very good at that kind of stuff.

Oh Sehun: Sounds good. I'll send you a message when they let me out, yeah?

Do Kyungsoo: Yeah sure that's fine. Now I really need to sleep, I've been forcing myself to stay awake so that I could check on you, so now that I know what's happening I think I'll call it a night

Do Kyungsoo: More like morning but still

Oh Sehun: Alright D.O. I'll message you soon, Goodnight!
-Delivered-

I passed Sehun's phone back to him with the biggest grin plastering my face. Suddenly breaking my ankle has turned into an extremely good thing.  And tomorrow could be a great day, but knowing my luck something is going to happen to make it all go downhill.