Chapter 31 - Keep Jongin Away

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Friday 6th October

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

“Baekhyun, please! You’ve got to help me I have no idea what to do!” I plead to Baekhyun, shaking his shoulders softly as I do so. It’s currently lunchtime and I’m sitting round a table with Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Minho. Both Taemin and Jongin have gone off to a lunchtime dance practise, much to my disappointment.

“Kyungsoo, this is the type of thing that I can’t really help you with. It’s your guys’ day you need to plan something that comes from your heart not my mind.” Baekhyun answer, brushing my hands off of his shoulders in the process.

Tomorrow is Jongin and I’s one month anniversary and my mind is at a complete blank of what to do to celebrate.
What do I do for him?
What do I get him?
Should I plan something big or small?
Does he even want to do anything?
I have so many unanswered questions floating around my head, I feel like I am drowning in them. I have never had to celebrate something like this before, and therefore have no idea where to even start.

I groan at Baekhyun’s response, dragging a hand down my face as I rack my brain for even the smallest idea of what to do.

“Baekhyun’s right ya know,” Taemin decides to voice his thoughts, placing his chopsticks down onto his tray and brushing his fringe out of his eyes as he does so, “Just let your idea come from your heart. Jongin will like it regardless of what it is because it came from you, it’s that simple. Just try not to over think things, okay?” His advice is actually good, something that I may be able to use.
He’s right, I shouldn’t be worrying over this so much I should just do what I think will be best.

“You’re right. Thanks Taemin.” I tell the other male.
Within the next five minutes I have cleared my tray of food and I’m heading out of the canteen. It’s a Friday which means I have no classes, and luckily Jongin does. He still has another hour of dance and then an hour and a half of Math after that, meaning I have two and a half hours before he will be coming back to the dorm. Perfect.

--------------------------------------------------------

Text – To Taemin

Taemin, I need your help.
Can you invite Jongin round to stay in your room tonight, make something up about wanting extra dance practise or wanting to play video games with him, just make sure he doesn’t come back to our room. If all else fails offer him fried chicken, he’ll surely stay with you if you do that.
Also try and keep him from coming back to our room tomorrow, or even better take him into town or something, get him out of the building completely. I’m going to text him and tell him I’m sick, please go along with the story.

Thanks – D.O
Jongin can’t come back to the room; if he does all of my plans will be ruined. I hit send on the message to Taemin before placing my phone onto my desk, next to multiple bags, [all of which contain items from the trip to town I had just made], and a vase which holds red roses. I just hope they won’t die before tomorrow. I then move all of the bags from my desk and onto my bed, tipping out the contents of each one.

“Where do I even start?” I ponder, thinking out loud to myself in the process. “Well the food needs to go in the fridge for a start.” I mutter, picking up the items of food and moving them over to the mini fridge in our room. I would go and put them in the main kitchen, but if I do that other people will be bound to eat the food before tomorrow. And by other people I mean Baekhyun, he doesn’t seem to understand the concept of what’s his and what’s not.

Once the food is safely away in the fridge I make my way back over to the bed, staring down at the multiple items that now litter the covers.

“Should I start with the notes...or the candles.” I begin to mutter again. It’s a habit I have, talking to myself. I’ve done it since I was a little kid and it’s not something that I’ve ever been able to snap out of. Oh well, there could be more annoying habits for me to have now that I think about it.

“Candles, they will be easier.” I decide, picking up one of the red candles before spinning in the place where I stand, trying to think about where would be best to place this one. I have 10 candles in total, five red ones and five black ones. Jongin has expressed many times that his favourite colours are red, black and sky blue, but I figured that sky blue wouldn’t really do with the whole ‘love’ theme I’m going with, so I had to leave that colour out. Of course, I will not light any of the candles yet, but I might as well get them set up.

I’m just about to place the last candle, when my phone vibrates against the wooden desk, the screen lighting up and displaying that I have ‘1 new message’. I set the candle down before walking over to the device, picking it up and swiping my thumb across the screen to unlock it and reveal my message.

Text – To Kyungsoo
We just got let out of class and he’s agreed to come back to mine. But he’s worried about you, he wants to come back and check on you, what should I say? – LT

Text – To Taemin
Tell him that I don’t want him getting sick as well and just to stay away for now. Let him know that I’ll be better by tomorrow, I just need to rest up. Thank you – D.O

Text – To Kyungsoo

It took some convincing but he’ll stay away, he made some big speech about caring for you. He’s gonna text you in a bit, okay? I’m guessing you managed to think about something for tomorrow then? ;) - LT

Text – To Taemin

Great, thank you!
And yes, if you must know I have, and before you ask, no no I am not telling you what I thought of! – D.O

Jongin is distracted and that is the main thing. I know slip my phone into my back pocket so it will be easier for me to reach when Jongin or Taemin decide to text me. Hopefully Jongin won’t get suspicious of anything or try to enter our room. He had forgotten his keys this morning so he can’t get in as long as the door is locked.
This will work, won’t it?
He’ll like what I’m planning, right?
Hopefully.

----------------------------
 

Done, done and DONE...well for now!
I’ve finished setting up the room for tomorrow at the time of 11:00PM. It took a lot longer than I thought it would to write a load of notes and decorate the room in general. And I say for now because I still have the food to prepare, but of course that cannot be done until tomorrow, I just hope that Taemin is able to keep Jongin out.

I place the last few notes around the room before taking my phone of my back pocket, as I do so the device starts to shake, a quiet ringtone plays as the screen lights up telling me that Jongin is calling. , time to act sick.

I slide my phone over the screen towards the accept button, quickly pressing the mobile to my ear.

“Hey love.” Jongin’s voice comes over the line, his voice sounds a lot rougher and deeper over the phone, but at the same time his voice is laced with worry.

“Hello babe, how’re you?” I ask, putting on my best sick voice as I do so. To do this I just make my voice sound squeaky and cough in random places, I add in the odd sniffle here and there and all I can do is pray that he’s buying this.

“I’m okay, having fun with Taemin and Minho. Key dropped round earlier as well but he just left. How’re you, are you feeling any better?”
 

“A bit yes, and before you ask I’ve been resting up in bed. I’ve actually been asleep since about four-ish.” I lie, softly biting onto my bottom lip as I wait for Jongin to respond. I’ve never liked lying, especially when it is to someone I care about or in this case love.

“I woke you up?”

“No no. I needed to wake up anyway.” I say, chuckling softly after. I can tell by the way he lets a gust of air pass through his lips that he’s sighing with relief. Was he really that worried about me?

“You should get some more sleep, after all tomorrow is important, isn’t it? I should be able to get to you by the afternoon, Taemin wants to pick up some last minute things for dance and I’m pretty much forced to go with him as I’m his partner. I’ll be sure to pick you up something nice, okay?”

“Babe, you don’t have to worry about getting me anything, but thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow, I love you.”

“I love you too, Kyungsoo.” And with that farewell the line falls dead, leaving me in the silence of our room.
I can’t wait till tomorrow.