Chapter 42 - Hair

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Monday 8th November

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

“Jongin...Jongin the alarm.” I groan, flapping my right arm in the direction of the alarm clock that’s been going off for the last two minutes.

“Two more minutes babe.” Jongin mumbles, his grip on myself tightening to further prove the point that he does not want to get up yet.
In truth, neither do I. However college starts up again today and I don’t want to be late.

“You said that two minutes ago, classes start again today...do you really want to be late?” I point out, trying to wriggles out of Jongin’s grasp from where I lay on his front. An annoyed and tired groan is the only response I get out of Jongin as his arms fall limp to his sides, setting me free.

“Fine.” A small puff of air leaves his lips as I shuffle off of his body, sitting up on the side of the bed and leaning over slightly to silence the buzzing of our alarm. Goosebumps immediately cover my arms and legs as the cool air of the room hits them. Sleeping is fine, getting up on the other hand is horrible, especially in the winter.

“Just be careful getting up.” Jongin mumbles, bringing the covers up, obviously trying to catch those few extra precious minutes of sleep. If he’s late it is not my fault.

“Jongin, I’m not a baby,” I say pulling myself up into a standing position and taking a first step, “ I’ll be fi....!” That was a lie. As soon as I step forward searing pain shoots up lower back, the pain sharp enough to have me stumbling to the floor.

“What were you going to say, love?”Jongin asks with a cocky tone, now sitting up to look at me, his mess of a boyfriend on the floor.

“Shut up and help me.” A mumble, gritting my teeth at every slight movement that I try to make. I knew that there would be some pain today, but Jongin had prepared me for a dull one...not this!

“How am I meant to help you?” The tanned dancer asks as he moves to stand up, standing behind me and looking down on me as if I’m a helpless child.

“We haven’t got time for this! Just carry me!”
He doesn’t need to be told twice, as within the next second he has scooped me up in his arms and is carrying me to the bathroom as I rap my arms around his neck, doing what I can to lessen his load.

“We have got time.” He informs me, holding me with just one arm as he uses the other to turn on the taps, the hot liquid fanning out over the expanse of the bathtub.

“Jongin...we really don’t! We don’t have time to have a bath that’s for sure, play with your ducks some other time!” I yell in a quiet way, lightly hitting his arm to try and make him let me go.

“You didn’t check the time on the clock when you turned it off did you?” The strange question has me raising an eyebrow at the taller male that continues to hold me. He’s now pouring bubble mixture into the bath. It’s the one that relieves stress, half the bottle is already gone as I will often turn to using it during exam season. Whether it really helps or not I don’t know but I like to think that it does.

“Of course I didn’t. I never do as our alarm always goes off at 7:40AM, what’s the point in checking if that’s always the time, stupid?” I say to him, a small whimper pushing past my lips as Jongin lowers me into the bath. The warmth that overtakes and surrounds me is welcomed by my freezing and aching body, my stiff limbs instantly relaxing in the water. Jongin slips in behind me after turning off the taps, shifting some bubbles around with his hands so that they completely cover us.

“Babe it’s only 6AM, I set the alarm early as I knew you would be sore. I knew you would need something like this to get you through the day. Trust me you would have gone through hell without doing this.” He says from behind me, the sound of a cap opening bounces off the walls as he squeezes some shampoo into his hands.

“Oh...” I say, feeling slightly stupid for not realizing the time. What he’s done for me is overly sweet. He’s a thoughtful boyfriend when he puts his mind to it. Just this moment is enough to make me forget about the situation at hand. The situation where he has been sneaking off and not returning. It always lingers in the back of my mind, but I’ve decided that it doesn’t need to be brought up unless it happens again. “Sorry...you’re sweet, Nini.”
Jongin chuckles at this, the sound like music to my ears. He cards his hands into my hair, spreading the shampoo through my dark locks as he does so.

“It’s okay, I was just thinking of you after all.” He chuckles softly again at his own comment, managing to massage my scalp at the same time as washing my hair. “Have you ever thought about dying your hair, Kyungie?” Jongin seems to be full of random questions this morning, but random questions are often the best, especially when they come from someone that you love.

“I thought about it a while ago, but never went through with it. Why do you ask?” I tilt my head to the side as I speak to him, wanting to see the heart-stopping smile that he must be wearing. I can even tell when he smiles now, just by his tone of voice. It’s a trick that I am extremely happy that I learnt how to do. Jongin moves one hand to cup over my eyes, sending me into darkness as he takes the shower head and begins rinsing out my hair. We sit there in silence, just listening to the movements we make, the other’s heartbeat and the sound of the ripples that cascade across the water as little droplets hit it.
Jongin turns the shower back off a few moments later, dragging his hand up my forehead as he moves away my fringe which became plastered to it.

“I just thought you would suit a different style or colour of hair, I was thinking of dying mine as well. If you still want to do it, we could go and get it done later, I’ll pay of course.” He suggests, now working on the task of cleaning his own hair.

“Jongin I’d love that but you’ve spent enough money on me lately! How do you have any left?” I say out of pure shock that he has any money left at all. After the events of yesterday I would think that he has gone bankrupt, there is no way that he has money left over from just the amount that the college give to us each month.

“I have just enough left to get our hair dyed, Kyungie. What colour will you have it?” He changes the topic from money to hair colour. I know that I should pursue this money topic, but he has no reason to lie to me about something as stupid as money. There’s no point in starting a conversation about it when one does not need to take place.

“Red, however I don’t want it too bright or too dark. I was thinking about shaving the sides and back of my hair and leaving them as my natural colour.” I voice my thoughts, thoughts that I have been thinking about for a while. I’ve wanted to change my style up for the past few months, however I’ve never had the courage to actually do it. I know that hair style and colour is not a permanent change, but it is a change that I will be stuck with for a while. I will never hear the end of it if it looks terrible.

“Damn, you’d look amazing like that.” Jongin speaks after a moment, as if taking the time to imagine what I would look like. Instead of using the shower to wash out his hair Jongin ops with the option of just using his hands to scoop water up into his hair. I guess that he chooses this way so he doesn’t have to break off the conversation that we are having.

“You really think?” His answer leaves me smiling, a genuine one that hasn’t been seen in a while. Just knowing that he thinks I’d look good gives me motivation to go and make the change, “Thank you, Nini. What colour will you have?”

“Blonde...but really blonde. As in bordering on white blonde. Do you think it would look weird against my skin tone? I don’t think it will suit.” Blonde bordering on white. It will definitely be an adventurous colour to go for, but I think it will contrast beautiful with his skin tone...any colour would.

“Go for it, you’d look great.” I say, turning my head softly to smile at him with confidence.

“Then it’s decided, after class we shall go and dye our hair.”

---------------------------
“What’s your relationship between yourself and the boy you came in with then?” The hairdresser by the name of Shin Jimin asks me as she makes some final cuts to my hair.
I had it dyed not long ago, however I haven’t seen what it looks like yet. Jongin made sure that the mirrors were covered so that I couldn’t see it before he did, as well as this he’s in another room. For all I know I could look horrible.

“Our relationship? Oh..we’re together.” I tell her, slightly nervous of how she will react. She seems like a nice enough person, and I doubt that she will react in a negative way, however you can never tell with these topics. The sweetest person can turn into the devil when a homoual relationship is mentioned.

“Awww, that’s so sweet.” She coos, placing the scissors that she has been using for the last five minutes to the side as she pulls softly down on some of my hairs, making sure that each one is cut to perfection. I mumble a soft thanks as my cheeks burn red, something that Jongin will no doubt pick up on.

“Right we’re all done here. I’ll go and check if your boyfriend is ready, okay?” She speaks in a sweet tone, removing the cloak that was around my neck to protect me from my own hair as she disappears into the next room.
 

Boyfriend. It’s a word that I am still not used to hearing, especially when others tell me that I have one. I never thought I would. I always knew that I was gay, from a young age I knew. But I was always told that because of this I would be alone, forever. I was told that no one, not even another gay man would fall in love with me. It’s why I gave up on finding love for so long. But then he came into my life...Jongin. He’s managed to change so much in such a short space of time, I’ll never be able to tell him how thankful I am for him, I really won’t.

“Kyungsoo?” I’m snapped out of my thoughts as Jongin calls out to me. A sudden feeling of worry washes over me at the thought of him seeing my hair. What if I look awful? He could just start laughing and tell me how awful I look.
No.
He wouldn’t do that.

“Here!” I respond, walking closer...well due to the pain I guess It’s more like waddling closer to the door as he walks out into the room I stand in. He looks stunning. His hair contrasts with his skin in a perfect way, making every feature on his face stand out in a perfect way.
We find ourselves simply staring at the other, taking in their new look.

“Jongin, you look stunning.” I’m almost breathless by just the sight of his hair. A simple colour change at that.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

“I bet I’m not as stunning as you.” He tells me, moving forward to cup my cheeks in his hands and pull me in for a quick kiss, one that only lasts for a few seconds but didn’t need to last for any longer.
“My beautiful red haired boy.”

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

AN//Ayooo~!
I had the sudden urge to dye their hair, I do not know why. And some of you guys thought this would be angst hahaha nope~! More fluffy fluff. I do love writing this stuff as well, It’s really sweet to write and gives me this nice fluffy and happy feeling ^-^

Updates! I know I have been bad with updating daily lately and I am sorry, school is getting hectic towards the end of term and coursework is stressing me out more than it should 0-0. Due to this I promise to upload every other day, I will not break this!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope that you are still enjoying the story, sorry that not much happened in this chapter but I promise more will in the next!
Stay awesome guys~! <3 -Kai