Chapter 11 - Fears (Part 2)

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

"I promise Kyungsoo. You won't be alone because you'll always have me."

His words played over and over again in my mind as I tried to calm down. Tried to piece myself back together in front of a man that I had only just met a few weeks ago.

His words managed to help calm down my breathing, that was a start at least.

I stayed curled up in a ball like form, hugging my knees close to my chest as I will the tears to stop, trying to force them back and stop them from falling. It doesn't work.
It's silent except from the few pitiful sobs that I let slip past my lips. What must Jongin be thinking?He's probably thinking about how much of a mess I am, how my life is something that he shouldn't get involved with.
He's probably trying to figure out how he can leave before he gets too involved with my stupid life. He doesn't need this. He doesn't need me. He probably doesn't want me.

Who would want me?
Who would even want to know me?
Why do people stay around me?
How long will it be until everyone leaves me?
Should I start continuing down the days.

"Kyungsoo." Without me even realising, Jongin as shuffled around on matteras to sit in front of me. I was too caught up in my own self pity to even notice the other that was right next to me.

I can feel one of his hands on both of my shoulders, he's keeping a strong and almost protective grip on them as he talks.

"You're friends are not going to leave you. You are a great guy and they are lucky to know you. I'm lucky to know you. Just today you've managed to make me happier than I have been in months, over these last few weeks talking to you is something that I live for."

Something that he lives for?

I made him happy? Happier than he has been in months? But how, how did I manage to do that?

"H-how.." I trailed off slightly as I lifted up my head, now faced with the one person that I never wanted to break down in front of. "How did I make you happy? I haven't done anything." I only just manage to fight back my sobs, my tears now stopping as I find Jongin just to be calming. Everything about him is calming to me, the way he smiles, his voice, his eyes, everything.

"By being there. Talking to me. Being yourself, I could go on if you want me too." He smiles softly, his eyes never leaving mine as he talks.

I could really make him happy by just being myself, that's something that has never happened to me before. Normally I just annoy people by being myself, they find me to be either too happy, too bossy or just too weird. A lot of people in school completely blank me because of who I am and the way that I act.

"You don't need to go on...I've don't think I’ve ever really made anyone happier before." I shrug softly, my voice only just above a whisper. Why I was telling him these things so openly like this, I don't know. I've never told anyone about those nightmares, not even my closest friends that I have known for years.

"I don't believe that. I'm sure you have you just haven't seen it, maybe they just haven't told you but that doesn't mean that you haven't done it." His eyes have this serious look to them, as if what he is telling me is the truth and nothing but the truth. And it's as if I am hypnotised into believing him.

"Thank you." That's all I can think of to say.

Well what else would I say, I'm thanking him for calming me down and telling me what I think is the truth.

"You don't need to thank me Kyungsoo, I was just doing what I thought was right." He smiles, wiping away some of the stray tears that decided to fall as he does so. "Will you be okay now?"

I nod, as I know I will be fine. For the first time I will be able to sleep after having a nightmare, I know I will.

"Good, wake me if you need anything, okay?" He goes to get up, kneeling and wincing at the pain from his broken ankle.

"Jongin, don't move where are your crutches?"

He sighs softly, shaking his head as he continues to try and stand. "Jongin! Don't move, where are your crutches?" I speak to him in a shouting type of whisper, if we woke the sleeping love birds up they would surely have something to say about it.

"They're over there, leaning against the wall." I nod for the nth time, making sure he is sitting back down and resting his ankle before I stand and clamber over my bed to go and get the crutches. Yes I could have walked around my bed, but at this point it is just faster and easy to climb over my already messy and unmade bed.

I do decide to walk around the bed as I carry the crutches, knowing me I would either hit myself or Jongin by trying to climb over the bed with them. That is not a risk that I want to take. I lean the crutches up against the drawers that are next to my bed before holding a hand out for Jongin to take and pull himself up.

That was a mistake.

I'm a very skinny, light and weak boy. Just a simple gust of wind could probably pull me over. So when Jongin tries to pull himself up he ends up pulling me down and therefore onto him.

We both freeze, the only signs of life I make is the light dusting of pink that starts to trail over my cheeks.

We stay like that, staring at each other, for what seems like hours, as I sit there straddling the lap of a boy I've only seen face to face for a matter of hours.

"S-sorry." I stutter as I shuffle off of his lap and onto the floor, still looking at him for any sign of a reaction. I start worrying that I've ruined everything. This is it friendship over.

But then he starts to laugh, smirking softly as he does so. "It's fine don't worry about it. We should have thought before trying that." I nod in agreement, smiling softly as I listen to him laugh His laugh is gorgeous, and something that I want to listen to for days on end.

"How do we get you up then?"
I questioned, standing up and brushing off my knees due to the dust that my sweatpants decided to collect off the floor.

"Honestly I don't know. How about I sleep here and you sleep back on your bed until the morning. Then we'll have the other two to help, yeah?"

I hesitantly have to agree, I don't want him sleeping on the floor as it is not that comfy and he could easily bang his ankle on the wall that is right next to him, but I do end up climbing into my own bed.

"Goodnight Kyungsoo."

"Goodnight Jongin, and thank you."