Chapter 27 - Anything Could Happen

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Monday 11th September

Jongin's P.O.V:

"I still can't believe you did that." Kyungsoo says as we walk through the quiet hallway of the school. Lunch is just about to end and we decided to head back into our class earlier, not only because it's easier for me to walk around in quiet hallways but because we needed to get away from the constant stares for at least one second. I don't regret bringing even more attention to the two of us, I'd do it again and in front of even more people if I had to, but that doesn't mean I like all of the stares and random comments.

"Well you're going to have to believe it at some point because it happened, no going back now." I inform him as if it isn't obvious. He doesn't hate me for what I did, we both made that perfectly clear with the sudden outburst of emotion that we shared with everyone, but he's still in a state of shock and will be for the foreseeable future. At least it's a moment he won't be able to forget any time soon.

"I know that, Nini. I'm not stupid."

"You're not? And here's me thinking that you were." I tease, earning a soft slap to my chest from him. It's become a natural habit of his now to slap me whenever I over something, I'm not complaining though, it's cute really as there is never real force behind the normally violent action.

"Oh shut up." He shakes his head, hiding back the smile that threatens to grace his lips as he slides open the door to our classroom. It's completely empty, with lunch still having ten minutes till its end and normal people are stupid if they want to come back into a classroom early. But me and Kyungsoo aren’t normal after all.

"Soo you know that I don't shut up that easily." As I speak I move to sit up on my desk, resting my crutches across my chair as I do so. Kyungsoo has moved over to his desk, luckily the one next to mine copying my actions by sitting up on his wooden desk. Due to how short his legs are, his feet do not touch the floor, it's an adorable sight. He sits there swinging his legs looking much like an innocent toddler.

"Really? You seem to shut up perfectly fine when your lips are all over mine." Kyungsoo teases, his innocent toddler look shattering into pieces in front of my eyes. This was obvious pay back for the comment I had previously made. What he says is the truth though...well mostly.

"If that's the case then why don't you make me shut up, hmn?" I give him one of my signature smirks to punctuate my sentence, sending his cheeks into a blushing faze for the nth time today. He slides down from his desk, his feet making a soft thudding sound as he comes into contact with the floor. He walks the few steps that he needs to, to reach my desk, placing his hands on my knees as he looks up at me, our lips now mere centimetres apart.

"What happened to having some class, Mr. Kim? I don't see how a classroom is any classier than a cafeteria?"

"Excuse you, Mr. Do. I said that I wouldn't you in the cafeteria as that’s not classy, however I said nothing about kissing now did I?"

"Whatever." He mumbles before leaning in to close the space between us. Just as our lips brush against each other the sliding door is pushed open with enough force to startle Kyungsoo, who jumps back in a blink of an eye. Damn why did someone have to interrupt now?!

"Jeez you two get a room." It's Baekhyun, even despite Kyungsoo's lightning fast moves he still managed to catch us in the act...again. Why does it always have to be him?

"We did have one, Baekhyun." I point out the obvious to him, just earning a shrug from him in response.

"Well a more private room them, you realize class starts in five minutes and anyone could have walked in right? You're just lucky it was me." He proudly states, pointing towards himself to further prove his point.

"Baekhyun, Jongin just kissed me in front of the whole canteen I'm pretty sure neither of us care at this point." Kyungsoo says, laughing softly as he does so. He's caused himself to blush darker with his own comment, his eyes now downcast to try and ignore that fact.

"Good point. Everyone's talking about that by the way, as soon as you left people had started to shout about it." Baekhyun says, moving to his desk that's located at the front as he does so. He straddles over his chair, sitting on the item of furniture backwards so that he can continue his conversation.

"Let them talk, we don't care." I say, looking to Kyungsoo as I do so, he smiles up at me finally lifting his gaze from the floor once again. Students now start to flood into the classroom, the odd one or two stopping as they see us however most just ignore us and move to their seats. This is either because they simply don’t care or they are scared of how I react, I like to think that it’s the latter reason.

"Hey Baek," Kyungsoo says, moving over to go and talk to him in private for one minute. I take this time to get down off the desk, using said object as a temporary crutch for a moment as I knock my ones onto the floor before taking my seat. I really don’t care for my crutches, if they get damaged because I throw them around it doesn’t matter. I only have to use them for two more weeks after all.
Kyungsoo returns from his conversation with Baek a few seconds later, taking his own seat next to mine.

"What was that about?" I ask as the teacher walks in, taking his place at the front of the class and starting to get out his notes for the hour of lesson that lie ahead.

"I was asking if he'd heard from Chanyeol yet." He answers, grabbing his English textbook out of his bag as he does so. The school bell rings at this moment, the final few students dragging themselves through the door.

"And?" I encourage him to go on, however we have to break off our conversation momentarily to stand up, bow and say hello to our teacher, I again just use my desk as a crutch, it isn't the best as my bow looks off and awkward but it has to do. As soon as we're seated again I turn towards him, finding him scribbling notes down into his book as Mr. Kim talks.

"Psst Kyungsoo." I whisper-call to him to try and grab his attention, refusing to let the conversation die. He can't just leave me wondering whether or not Chanyeol has returned or not.

"Kim Jongin!" The teacher's voice bellows through the classroom, gaining both mine and everyone else’s attention. Once again everyone is staring at me, not that they weren't before. I really need to learn how to avoid attention.

"Pay attention in my class, I'm sure whatever you have to say to Mr. Do can wait until after class!"

"Yes Sir." I mutter, bowing my head down to avoid his gaze as I do so, this probably wasn't the right thing to do as I would have come across as rude, but to my luck he didn't seem to care.

About half way through the lesson we're given a worksheet to well as the name suggests work through. As the teacher could not be bothered to walk around and hand out each piece of paper he just left it to us to take one and pass the pile along. I've always thought that this way of handing things out is cheating as it's the teachers job to supply us with work, technically we're supplying ourselves when we do this.

Kyungsoo passes the pile along to me, the top sheet of the pile has a bright yellow post-it note stuck to the top of it. I remove the sheet of paper before scanning my eyes over the brightly coloured slip of paper.

'No word from Chanyeol. He’s an idiot’ - D.O

Damn. It's not like Chanyeol to just take off like this. When we were younger he always used to face his problems head on, but for some reason that just isn't the case with him anymore.
What are you doing, Chanyeol?

------------------------------------

Brinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.

Finally! The final bell for the day rings throughout the school and it’s like music to my ears, many people cheer as the day is now at an end. Well I say an end, we have at least two hours of English work to complete by tomorrow but that's beside the point right now.

"Want to head back to the dorm, Kyungsoo?" I question him as I slip my books into my black backpack, slipping the straps onto my shoulders before I pick up my crutches and come to a standing position.

"Please, after the day we've had I think it's best just to go back and avoid attention."
 He answers, fixing a few strands of hair that fly over his line of sight before he too comes to a standing position.

"I couldn't agree with you more." I grin as he clings onto my arm, both of us walking towards the door of the classroom. I start preparing myself for the fight we're about to have with the corridor, anything could happen here. We could be cornered, more insults could be thrown a full out war could break out, who knows?

I can feel Kyungsoo tense up as people start to turn their unwanted attention towards us for hopefully the last time today. It's a times like this where I wish we could turn invisible, or even better have Harry Potter's cloak of invisibility. Why can't fiction be real?

"It's okay, Soo. Just think the days over okay." I whisper to him as we start to walk down the hall, having to brush past nearly everyone as they seem to come to a standstill at the mere sight of us and refuse to move.

"Hey guys." Baekhyun waits for us at the end of the hallway, greeting the two of us as we come a stop next to him.  

"Hey Baek, you heading back to the dorm?" Kyungsoo initiates a normal conversation with one of his best friends, a conversation that everyone is listening in on. There is nothing special to see here I wish they would all just leave!

"OH MY GOD!" The silence from the swarm of college boys is abruptly broken by the shouting of someone down the other end of the hall. This causes a chain of boys yelling, wolf whistling and staring, but this time none of those reactions are directed at us.
Kyungsoo and Baekhyun break off their conversation to stare in the direction of the commotion, both of them looking as confused as I feel.

The clicking of high heels can be heard coming down the hall, leading me to believe that it's a female member of staff. There are not many here, as far as I know none of them actually teach but there are a lot of females who work down in the office, and anytime one of them is seen it drives the boys wild, especially when it's the one fit one they all seem to drool over.

The group of shouting and whistling boys soon starts to part, much like the red sea, to let the person who I assumed to be female through.
But boy was I wrong.

"Good Afternoon Do Kyungsoo, Byun Baekhyun and Kim Jongin, how may I help you?" My jaw goes slack and I have to blink multiple times to check that I'm not dreaming. The flashes of cameras begin to go off around us, signalling more unwanted attention.

"Ch-Chanyeol." Baekhyun stutters, his eyes the size of saucers and cheeks a fire truck red in colour. Chanyeol stands before the three of us, clad in an extremely short maid's dress, it's shorter than Kyungsoo's was. He too wears black stockings and black high heels like Kyungsoo did, however it's his top half that's different. Long brown hair cascades down past his shoulders, his lips are the same shade as Baekhyun's cheeks and his eyes would be able to stand out on even the darkest of nights.

"Yes, master Baekhyun?" Baekhyun almost chokes on his spit at the way Chanyeol addresses him, his voice to high for his own good.

"Holy ." Is all I can mutter, looking away from Chanyeol for one second to look at Kyungsoo. He's smiling, it's one of the widest and evilest smiles I've seen him wear.. As I look at him he slips his phone out of his back pocket and starts taking pictures for himself, and Chanyeol doesn't complain. Probably because this is what he wanted, this is his way of saying sorry.

"What are you doing?" Baekhyun finally asks the question that's on everyone's mind; the whole corridor goes silent once again as the wait for the tall...now even taller due to the high heels male who's now the centre of attention. Even some teachers have come out of their classrooms to see the commotion, they do nothing and like all of the pupils wait for the answer.

"The is my way of saying sorry to Do Kyungsoo, I made a mistake and this is the price I will pay for it." He squeaks, his unnaturally high voice wavering slightly mid-sentence. He looks over to Kyungsoo as he does so, and Kyungsoo finally lowers his phone to look up at Chanyeol.

"I forgive you, I would have forgiven you without you causing a scene." Chanyeol's defined eyes widen at this, causing Baekhyun to burst into fits of laughter.

As I said...anything could happen...even Chanyeol making an utter fool out of himself in maid's dress and wig.

 

AN// Elllllo~! So imma just cut straight to the point here, this story reached 50 subscribers today and that blows my mind. When I started writing this I didn't think that anyone would want to read nevermind 50. Seriously thank you I love each and everyone of you so so sooooo much~! - Kai