Chapter 6 - Skype?

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

Two weeks of this holiday have already passed, it's going too fast for my liking. Baekhyun is already complaining at the thought of going back to school, I'm not looking forward to seeing what he's going to be like on the night before.

Anyway, most of these two weeks have either been spent looking for jobs, clothes shopping for Chanyeol and Baekhyun or messaging Jongin.
Now I hate shopping, but it was something that needed to be done, those two came to me with literally nothing so most of what we had to get was either for school or just everyday clothes, since they're important as well, obviously.

I'm currently home alone, those two have gone out to job interviews at a couple of restaurants and clubs around the town. I'm taking the time to actually clean up around the place as we've managed to turn my place into a human pigsty which isn't the most fun place to live in. 

I was just about to finish cleaning when I heard the familiar sound of my Facebook notifications ringing out from my laptop, I smiled knowing the only person that it could be was Jongin.

Kai: Hey D.O can I ask you something?

D.O: Yeah sure, shoot

Kai: Do you think we'd ever be able to skype at some point? I really want to hear what you sound like so I can put a voice to the text I read on screen.

Kai: Sorry if that sounded totally creepy 0-0

He really wants to skype? I never thought that he would want to

but I have to admit that I am curious as to what he sounds like. And really it's not as if anything bad can come from this, also with the apartment currently being empty, this is probably the best time.

D.O: Yeah of course we can! We can now if you want to?

Kai: Really? Yeah sure that would be awesome

I typed out my skype name to him before switching onto my phone and onto the Skype app. I would use my laptop version, but Baekyun had knocked the laptop off the desk the day before causing the lense said webcam to break.
Almost immediately a request popped up from him, how did I know it was him? Well who else was it going to be?!

-Kim Jongin (Kai) wants to add you as a contact –
                          Hey there it's Kai

I didn't accept it straight away, instead I got up to my mirror, standing there and fixing my hair for a good five minutes. Truly I don't know why I did this, I just wanted to look nice for him and that wasn't a weird thing at all. Not really.

As soon as I sat back down I accepted the request and he started to type.

-Kim Jongin (Kai) is typing-
Yo what took you so long?

-D.O is typing-
Oh I was just saying goodbye to Chanyeol and Baekhyun they had to leave for interviews.

-Kim Jongin (Kai) is typing-
Ah well fair enough then. You ready?

-D.O is typing-
As ready as I'll ever be :)

The screen then turned blue as the skype music played through my earphones, I stared at the screen for a moment before pressing the answer button and all went silent for only a minute.

"Hello?" He pops up onto screen, it looks like he's sitting at a desk in his room but I can't really tell. His voice is deeper than I expected it to be, for some reason but it suits him so well.

"Hey." I say with a smile, more nervous then I would be normally when talking to someone new. And Jongin wasn't even that new!

"It's really nice to finally be able to talk to you like this." He chuckles softly whilst fixing his hair, I'm guessing he's using the image of himself that he can see to do this

"I agree. This beats just reading off of a screen any day." I nod my head in agreement, this really was better than just talking over Facebook, it just felt more natural and so much more real.

"It really does. Plus this way Facebook won't alert the whole world that we are online. As soon as I even touch that thing notifications flood through, it's like entering hell." He pushes his earbuds that had started to fall out back into his ears as he talked.

"Do you really have that many notifications? I never really get any unless they are from you." I laugh somewhat nervously, I didn't want to make out as if I was a loner, since I wasn't we just don't use facebook.

But knowing that Jongin obviously had loads of other people messaging him made me kind of sad in a way, as maybe I was just another one of those people that he talks to just to be polite.

"Well yeah I do, but I don't reply to any of the messages unless they are from you. The other people aren't worth it." I could feel my cheeks heat up as he said that, which was a weird feeling. Why did I react this way when I talked to him?! Just as long as he didn't notice everything would be fine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jongin's P.O.V:

I was more happy than words could even explain to finally be talking to Kyungsoo face to face, well close to that anyway.

He sounded quite shy and nervous most of the way through the two and a half hour skype call, but it was still great. To be honest, I wouldn't have minded if he decided not to speak at all, just getting to see him whilst I talked was enough for me.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun had made an appearance towards the end of the skype call, which was nice but honestly I would have preferred for them to interfere with someone else's call. They wouldn't shut up. I had been talking to them the day before and even then they didn't shut up. But in a way that was a good thing, they were the ones to encourage me to skype D.O otherwise I never would have done it.

I don't really look it, or come across as it but I am in fact nervous when talking to people over the internet and in real life. I am one of the most awkward people I know if I am not comfortable around the person.

But with him it's different.

I thought that I wouldn't be able to say a word to him, but as soon as I heard his soothing voice come through my headphones I knew that I was going to be fine.

He's the only person I've ever been able to speak to with confidence, and I like that. A lot actually.

A lot of my friends have caught onto how happy he makes me, because according to them I don't shut up about him. Sehun, who goes to my dance group, keeps pointing out the fact that all I talk about is him, and what he said and what he's doing and blah blah blah.

Would I ever let them tell him how much I talk about him though? Of course not. That's like my worst nightmare, he'd probably just find it totally creepy and never talk to me again.

But one thing that Sehun said last week has been playing through my mind since then.

'Do you love him?'

Love.

That's an emotion that I have never had much practise with, I've never really felt it towards anyone, and no one has ever felt it towards me, at least not truly.

But if I know one thing for sure, I know that what I feel for Kyungsoo is stronger than just liking him. But it's too soon to tell whether it's love, so let's leave it at that.