Chapter 23 - Heart

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

It's Tuesday, the dreaded day where classes start. Don't get me wrong, I love most of my classes and wouldn't change them for the world. But Jongin is in a total of one of my classes out of the three that I have, that one being English. I take Singing, song writing and then English, I figured that English would be a good thing to take as it could come in handy if I ever visit there in the future, and a lot of songs have English lyrics in them and actually learning the language should help with my pronunciation. And if it doesn’t, well it’ll result in a lot of wasted time.
Jongin on the other hand took Dancing, Maths and English. He took English for the same reasons as me, and the only reason he's stuck doing maths is because he failed it in high school. He hates the fact that he has to spend more time with maths when he shouldn’t have to, but as long as he focuses and passes the upcoming exam that he has he’ll be able to drop it before the second half of the year starts.

Today I have three lessons, those being one and a half hours of singing followed by an hour of English and then two hours of song writing after lunch. Since I have the hour of English I won't be separated from Jongin for long, but it's going to be hard to get used to him not being next to me 24/7 like he has been for the last few weeks.

"Hello, Soo." Jongin greets me as I walk out of the bathroom, drying my damp hair with one of our towels. I'm not wearing anything special today, just black jeans, a plain white tee and my red hoodie over the top of it. It's not as if I need to look nice it is only college after all.

"Heya Nini." I reply as I walk over to the desk chair where my lover currently sits, placing a quick kiss to his lips before continuing to dry my hair.

"How many lessons do you have today?" I ask him, now walking over to the mirror which hangs above my bed so I can check whether or not I look presentable. After I tamed my hair and brushed it into the right position, the answer was yes.

"Erm,” He makes a small humming noise as he thinks, eyebrows lightly furrowed in a thinking way,” I have an hour and a half of dancing, AKA sitting there watching people then I have the hour of English with you and another hour and a half of watching people dance after lunch." He sighs as he answers, still sulking over the fact that he can't dance for up to three weeks.

"At least you get off half an hour before me." I offer this fact as a way to cheer the other up.

"What room is your last lesson in?"

"Room 365, why?"

"I'll come and pick you up so we can see each other sooner." He cheerily says, grabbing his crutches before standing up, making his way over to stand behind me, he then rests his chin on the top of my head, smiling as he looks at our reflection in the mirror.

"You're the best you know that right?"

"I know."

-----------------------------------

Jongin's P.O.V:

It's currently 9:50AM the time neither of us wanted to arrive. Kyungsoo and I are currently standing  outside of Kyungsoo's first class, pupils scurrying all over the place as they try to find the right room in the huge college. Classes start at 10:00AM and no one wants to be late on the first day, especially with how strict some of the staff members here are. Kyungsoo told me that one time, this pupil was three minutes late and got kicked off of the course, I feel sorry for the kid I really do.

"We'll see each other at lunch, okay? It's only two and a half hours, Soo." I speak softly as I press tiny kisses into Kyungsoo's hair. He's currently hugging onto me like his life depends on it, I didn't think he would be this worked up about going to lessons. I would be lying if I said I was happy to be leaving him.

"Okay." He mumbles, his voice coming across quiet as it's muffled by the fabric of my shirt.

"Look up, babe."
He does as I say, looking up at me with sad lost eyes. I lean in, pressing our lips together in a sweet kiss that makes time stop around us. Some people stop and stare at the gay couple kissing in the corridor but we could really care less.  As we part, some of the life has returned to Kyungsoo's eyes, the eyes that I love so much.

"Have a good day, love." I say, kissing his forehead. He smiles meekly, before opening the door and heading into his classroom. I stare at the spot where he once stood for a few seconds before making my way down the hall, the clipping of my crutches against the floor following me with every step.

You may be wondering why we didn't say 'I love you', well the answer to that is, the time just isn't right. Saying I love you to someone is extremely special, it's a very strong emotion that should only be connected to those that you truly care about. I do love Kyungsoo with all of my heart, but he and I both need time to make sure that we haven't rushed into things. The ‘I love you’ part of our relationship will come when the time, and our love is right and when we're sure that our feelings are right and that it’s not just our hearts and minds playing a cruel trick on us.
The human heart is a very weird and sensitive thing; it's confusing and often gives off the wrong signals. It’s what keeps us alive yet the feelings that it sometimes tells us we have can be enough to kill us, either due to loss or happiness.
I just hope that this time, what my heart is telling me, is right and I won’t be left in a dark mess of sadness in the end.

-------------------------------------------

"Okay boys! Good work, take a ten minute break!" Our dance teachers voice booms throughout the mirrored dance studio. From the work I have seen so far, he's good, possibly the best dance instructor I've ever come across. His name is Mr. Jung and he really is good, even if he did spend about ten minutes explaining how he wanted to turn us into dancing machines to prove to his son that this is the college he should have attended and not BigHit Private College. They're one of our rival campuses and from what I've heard they have a few good dancers in the running this year, I hope to see their work one day.

"Hey Jo-Jongin." Taemin pants as he presses his back against the mirror before sliding down to sit on the floor beside myself.

"Hey. You're doing great by the way." This compliment has Taemin smiling, said male taking a long gulp of water before speaking.

"Thanks, everyone here is really good don't you think?" He questions, gesturing around the room as he does so. He's right, everyone who took this course is good and they all work hard. That fact shows from the way everyone is currently panting and sweating as they sit against the wooden floor. But are these guys better than I am? Well only time will tell.

"They are, It'll be interesting to have some competition for once." I say, nodding as I do so. Back in England I didn’t have much competition. Sehun was a good dancer, very good, but even he said that at the end of the day I would be the best. Most of the time, we didn’t get to compare our true dancing skills with the other’s, I blame this on the fact that we had an awful teacher.

"Do you think I'll be competition for you?"

"For sure. You’re a really strong dancer, Taemin. And that’s not something that I say to just anyone" And thus, the private dance competition between Taemin and I was born.

"I can't wait to see what you've got, Kim."

"I can't wait to get out of this cast so I can show you what you're really up against, Lee."

----------------------------

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
The minute hand on the clock is moving painfully slow, and everyone is on edge to get out of class. It's the last lesson and all I want to do is be free to see Jongin. In English we're luckily sitting right next to each other, which was glorious news to the two of us, we then got to spend the lunch hour together with, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Minho and the three new boys, Key, Taemin and Jonghyun. We've all seemed to really hit it off and we can already tell it is a friendship that will last. The Chanbaek crew seem to really like the newbie’s as well, Baekhyun and Kibum had started talking about fashion and eyeliner at some point which really came across as no surprise to anyone.  

This Song Writing lesson is good, but it does drag on. The teacher, who is new for this year, isn't exactly that interesting, well in fact he just doesn't seem to give a . He just sat us down with a couple of work sheets to look over in groups of three for the whole two hours. For us that meant two hours of messing around, that was until Mr.Min (that's the teacher's name by the way) shouted for us to work in silence, the whole working in threes thing going out of the window. That was ten minutes into the lesson. Since then, he's actually fallen asleep. I've heard rumours that his son actually attends BigHit Private College and the reason why he doesn't want to teach is because he thinks it'll give his son a better chance of beating all of us after debut...fat chance.

I mentioned earlier that we had to work in groups of three, which would have been fine if I knew anyone in my class. Mr.Min actually put us into groups much to the horror of every pupil, but in my case it worked out for the best. I got put with one boy named Zhang Yixing, who's a Chinese boy who moved into the college at the end of last term, I briefly remember him being in my English class last year. From what I could make out back then he’s an extremely kind and light hearted person and really has a great passion for putting meanings in songs. The type of meanings that can reduce anyone who listens to tears. And the other boy is named Kim Jongdae, he’s Korean like myself and has been in this college since the start. However, unlike Yixing, he has never been in any of my classes, which is a shame because like Yixing he’s an extremely nice person. They already knew each other, but had no problem with welcoming me into our little group that we were put in for a matter of ten minutes. During this ten minutes the only thing I learnt about the two is that they prefer to go by nicknames, Yixing’s being Lay and Jongdae’s being Chen. I had no problem with calling them by this, as really I find nicknames to be easier to remember than birth names.

I start drumming my fingers on the edge of the table as the minute hand ticks closer and closer to 3:30PM, the time I have been waiting for since lunch ended.

Five.
Four.
Three.
Two.
One.
BRRRRRRRINNNG.

The sound of the bell sends the class into a frenzy of movement, pupils quickly standing up and darting for the door once they have packed away. If this was any other teacher, they surely would have yelled for us to slow down and wait until they dismissed us, but as I explained before, Mr.Min does not give a single .

I throw my textbook and pencil case into my bag, bidding Lay and Chen a quick goodbye before I head for the door. The hallways are packed as the hundreds of students bustle through them, most of them finishing at the normal time.

"Kyungie~!" It's Jongin, he's standing on the opposite side of the hall, leant up against the wall as students pass by, some of them hitting his crutches in the process which only causes them to trip. This doesn't stop Jongin from emitting a low growl as his arm is tugged along with the metal pole. This noise has some of the male’s who ‘dared’ to hit the crutch practically running away with fear written across the features of their face. It’s an amusing sight.
Luckily, mostly due to my height, I'm able to slip through the moving crowd of people and make it into Jongin's waiting and out stretched arms, his crutches now supporting themselves up against the cream coloured wall.

"I missed you." I whisper, nuzzling my head against his chest. I breathe in deeply as I do this, inhaling the scent that distinctly belongs to Jongin. It's a scent that I love and one that I never want to lose or forget.

"I missed you too, babe. How was class?" We start the conversation of how our day was as we start heading back to the dorm. We're actually heading out tonight to a new arcade which opened up a few weeks ago, with the Chanbaek couple, along with Taemin, Jonghyun and Kibum. Due to this we all agreed that it would be best to go and freshen up before venturing out into the town.

"Boring. My song writing teacher simply gives no s at all and slept throughout most of the lesson. We had to work in silence as well and he wouldn't even let me listen to music!" I pout softly as I vent my frustration, only earning a soft coo from Jongin in return.

"It's the first day back I'm sure he'll wake and lighten up soon babe."

"Yeah yeah, anyway how was your lesson of watching people dance?" This question has Jongin sighing.

"It wasn't boring but it wasn't fun either. Our dance instructor really is great, but he's not great for me when I can't dance." Now it's the taller's turn to pout as we exit the building that house most of the classrooms, cutting our way through the college campus to get back to our dorm building.

"You'll be able to dance soon, it's only a few more weeks. Once you can dance again I'm sure you'll wipe the floor with everyone who dares to dance! I can't wait to see you." It's true, I really can't. I haven't been able to watch him dance yet, well not in person at least. He was able to show me a few recordings of him dancing and from what I could see he was amazing, but watching it on a small TV screen will be nothing compared to seeing him glide across a stage in person.

"Trust me, you're going to be the first person I dance for."