Chapter 16 - Dance Studio

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kai's P.O.V:

Was I lying about not being able to turn the light on? No...no I wasn't.
Was I lying about not being able to work the shower? Of course I was. It was just the way Kyungsoo looked at me, the way he froze when he walked in. The way his eyes refused to leave my chest, it made my heart stop. It gave me confidence but at the same time turned me into a flustered mess, even though I didn't show it.

Now I bet you have a question, did he do it again? When he came in the second time was it a repeat of before?
No.
It was the exact opposite. He couldn't even look at me. He entered the bathroom and had left again before I even had the chance to leave.
Is that a good thing?
Or was he just that embarrassed that he couldn't even bare to make eye contact with me?
Was he uncomfortable with seeing me like that? Most likely yes.

Why can't I read minds?
I just need to know what's going on in his head!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

"Over there is the canteen." I point out to Jongin as we pass the currently closed building. I've been giving him a tour of our rather large college campus for about the last hour and a half. I made sure that we had left our dorm as soon as Jongin was done washing, this way I didn't have to confront the whole thing of me staring at him, if Jongin were to bring it up at all that is.

Jongin simply nods to what I say, as if making mental notes of what each building is, what's inside and what it's used for. I glance up at him every so often, just making sure he's happy. The evening sun that shines down onto his face frames it perfectly, from where I stand he looks like a God.

"Hyung?" He speaks up all of a sudden, grabbing my attention and pulling me away from my thoughts of his god like features.

"Yes, Nini?"

"This is all very interesting and all, but can we go and see the dance studio now? Ya know, since I'm going to be spending most of my lesson time and free time in there once my ankle heals up."

"Of course." I nod in agreement before leading Jongin down one of the many corridors that this college has. It's like a maze, a maze that is very easy to get lost in.
I learnt that the hard way. During my first day here I managed to get lost and ended up missing two of my classes. It wasn't until lunch time rolled around that Baekhyun finally found me, sitting in the corner of one of the music practise rooms. Well I say found me, there may have been a phone call with me panicking involved somewhere but we NEVER speak of that. Speaking of that results in instant death.

It doesn't take that long to get down to one of the dance studios, the school has three of them after all, each one of them huge and completely lined with mirrors. You can't escape them.

"Here." I say as I push down on the door handle, walking into the room whilst holding the door open for the other to walk through. As soon as Jongin takes in the sight of the Dance Studio is jaw drops. He looks stunned.

"Wow." He breathes, walking further into the room as he mutters to himself.

"Do you like it then?" It's a simple question, that must have sounded quite stupid.

"Like it? I love this studio already. It's massive...it's perfect." He looks over his shoulder, smiling back to me before he walks over to the one of the speakers. There are four in the room, one in each corner.

"These are really expensive speakers as well...damn this room must have cost a lot."

"It did, and there are two more just like this, along with five smaller ones which are designed as private practice rooms for when the lessons are over." I state as I walk over to him, he spins around as I walk closer, staring at me in pure shock.
I've never seen someone react to a room in this way before, I can't even image how much dancing must really mean to him. I just wish I could heal his ankle for him.

"Seriously? I love this school already!" He explains, the brightest smile spreading across his lips as he does so. This sight is enough to make me smile as well, Jongin looks like an excited child, it's one of the sweetest things I have seen in years.

"Good, I'm glad. That means you'll stay right?"

"I would have stayed even if I hated the dance room, Soo." He says, shrugging softly as he does so. He leans back against one of the mirrored walls, freeing his hands from keeping himself upright on his crutches.

"Really? Why? Dancing is your passion, surely if the studio's here were crap you'd hate dancing, no?" He shakes his head as I finish talking, chuckling slightly to himself as he glances down to the floor, as if avoiding eye contact with me.

"Even if I hated the rooms, even if the rooms were just like little cupboards I would stay. Even if I couldn't dance for the rest of my life I would stay. Because of you."

I've stopped breathing at this. All thoughts have gone out of the window. Because of me? He'd give up dancing for me?

"I...because of me?" I confirm through questioning, said question just getting a nod in response. This is where being short comes in advantage, because with Jongin's height even when he's glancing fully down at the floor I can clearly see his face. And right now, he's blushing, not just blushing, he's bright red.

I can feel the heat rise to my pale cheeks, not just from what he said or the way he looks but because of everything. Everything that has happened since he came here, since I started to talk to him. How much happier I am, the ring, my confidence, my whole life.
It's all changing because of him.

And in that moment, as my thoughts have shut down and the world seems to stop around us, I do something I never thought I would be able to do.
We kiss.
It's just a soft kiss on his cheek, but it's enough to send butterflies straight into my stomach, electricity flowing through my lips as they connect with the soft skin of his cheek.

The tanned male's eyes widen at my action, his cheeks darkening with an even redder blush. I start to grow nervous as he just continues to stare, so nervous that I start backing up.
I've wrecked everything I just know it.

"I'm sor-." Before I can apologise Jongin has dropped one of his crutches to free up his hand, grabbed one of my hands and pulled myself flush up against his chest before crashing his lips against my own. It all happened so fast and leaves my head spinning, all my thoughts consumed by him. But that doesn't stop me from moving my lips against his in what has got to be the best kiss I've ever had.

//Did the kiss come on too fast? I don't think it did, but I don't know. What do you guys think?
I'm quite happy with how this chapter turned out so I hope you guys like it as well. Thank you for reading~! <3