Chapter 32 - No Time To Panic

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Saturday 7th October

Jongin’s P.O.V:

Text – To Kyungsoo

Morning babe. Guess what day it is!
Go on guess!
Well since you can’t reply to this straight away I’ll just tell you.
It’s our one month anniversary!
Can you believe that? I can’t. One month seems so have gone so fast, don’t you think? I can’t wait to see you later, and I’m not going to lie I miss you loads right now.
I hope that you’re feeling better; I’ll be home as soon as I can okay?

I love you~ <3 – Kai

[Sent at 00:00AM]

---------------------------

I’m currently surrounded by the busy crowds of town, some people dashing around left right and centre trying to catch the latest deals and others just taking the time to look around. Most people want to be here, and it shows as they’re happy, smiling with their family or friends.
I on the other hand, do not want to be here. I want to be back in the dorm with Kyungsoo spending our one month anniversary together. But no, here I am in some random shop trying to help Taemin decide what he is going to where for our dance assignment at the end of the term, which is only three weeks away.

“What do you think would work, Jongin?” Taemin speaks to me, trying to grab my attention as I am seemingly lost in thought. I force myself to look in the direct of the boring clothes wrack, sifting through a couple of the shirts before pulling one out. It’s nothing fancy or flashy, just a simple white T-shirt with some sort of black-flame like pattern covering it.

“Where this with some leather jeans and black shoes, maybe chuck a bracelet on your wrist or chain round your neck and you’re all set. You don’t need anything fancy after all, it is just the end of term assignment.” I say, shoving the T-shirt into Taemin’s arms.

“Thanks Jongin. You really know what you’re doing when it comes to what to wear to dance.” He’s not wrong. I have been dancing for as long as I can remember so of course I would be fairly good at knowing what will look good when someone dances. It’s something that has come naturally to me over the years.

“Thanks, I have been doing this for years so I guess I’m just some sort of genius expert now.” I press my hand to my chest as I say this, as if flattering myself.

“Aye, I never said anything about being a genius!”

“Yes, but you didn’t have to, I already know I’m one.”

---------------------

“Why did you drag me to this cafe again?” I question Taemin, who’s currently sitting across the table from me. After we left the clothes shop he dragged me into this cafe. Normally I wouldn’t be complaining, but all I want to do is go and see the one I love, and that person is not the one who’s sitting opposite me.

“Because it only opened up the other day and I’ve been dying to go. Plus we have time, it’s only like 11:00AM.” He explains, looking down to his phone as he checked for the time.

I sigh in slight defeat, knowing that I can’t just get up and leave. I take a sip of the bubble tea that Taemin had bought for me, before checking my phone. What I see on the screen before me, instantly has me smiling.

Text – To Jongin

Hey Nini.
Sorry I didn’t text you earlier, I’ve only just woken up >0<
I’m feeling a lot better today, which is fortunate isn’t it~?
You know I had completely forgotten about our one month, right? I mean it’s not like we’ve both been reminding each other about it for the last week, right?
I can’t wait to see you later, I miss you a lot. Drop me a text when you know what time you’ll roughly be back, okay?
I love you – D.O
P.S – Try not to kill or snap at Taemin, I know how grumpy you get when you have to go into town xx

I smile down at my phone, my cheeks glowing from the light that radiate from the screen.

“What’s got you so happy all of a sudden?” Taemin asks, causing me to look up. A slight blush creeps up on my cheeks at the fact I just got caught staring down at my phone and smiling like an idiot. I must look like a loved up school girl.

“Ah...Kyungsoo texted me.” I say, returning my attention back down to my Iphone, I decide not to text him now, as I will text him when we’re on the way back to the college, so I lock my phone before placing it onto the table.

“I figured. He makes you really happy doesn’t he?” Isn’t the answer to that obvious?
Of course he does.
He’s the only one who is able to make me this happy and will always be the only one to make me this happy. I don’t know what I would do without him. Well actually I do, I would still be dancing, but I wouldn’t be happy. I would feel like something is missing from my life and that something would be him.
If I were to lose him tomorrow my whole life would be over, that’s something that I am very aware of.

“He really does, I hope he knows how happy he makes him. I’ve never been in a relationship like this before, where someone actually cares for me this much, it’s nice for a change, ya know?” As I say this Taemin stares down into his, now empty cup. His cheeks start to burn with embarrassment as he shifts around on his chair. It’s weird behaviour, and at first it has me all confused. But then it hits me,

“You’ve never had a relationship, have you Taemin?” He shakes his head in reply, confirming my thoughts.

“It’s bad isn’t it?” He timidly says, sighing softly as he continues to stare into the cup in front of him.

“It’s not that bad ya know. You’re still young, you’ll find someone eventually.” I did. I always went around thinking that I wasn’t meant to be with anyone, that everyone that came into contact with me would end up hating me in the end. But that wasn’t the case and I am so great full for that.

“What....what if there already is someone?” He questions, catching me off guard just slightly.

“You have a crush? Lil Taemin has a crush?” My tone turns into a sing song one, a smile gracing over my lips as Taemin quickly tells me to shush.

“Shut up! But yeah...I do.” We’re both acting like school girls at this point. It’s like the common gossip of who’s going out with who and who likes who. I never thought I would get into this situation where I am desperate to know who someone has a crush on. But this sounds like Taemin’s first crush and if it is I need to know.

“Who is it?”

“I can’t tell you, Jongin. You’ll just laugh!”

“You really think I would do that?” I say, gasping in a mocked hurt type of way, “Taemin I am offended! I would never laugh at something as serious as this, trust me.” I’m serious when I say that and I know Taemin knows it.

“First of stop being so dramatic,” He tells me, pointing a finger in my direction as he finally lifts his head to look up at me, “Just promise you won’t laugh?” He looks like a lost puppy at this point, and a nervous one at that. If he can’t even tell me who he likes how will he ever tell that person his true feelings?

“I promise I won’t laugh, Taemin. You didn’t when you found out about Kyungsoo and I, it’s only fair that I return the favour, isn’t it?” He smiles at this, nodding his head along to what I say.

“Asd Mijso.” He speaks so fast and so quietly that I can’t even pick up what he’s saying, is he really that nervous about how I will react?

“Taemin, you’re going to have to slow down and speak up okay, I do promise that I will not judge you. And I am not one to break promises.” I reassure him once again, giving a soft friendly smile as I do so.

“It’s Minho.” He repeats, squeezing his eyes shut as if he’s waiting for some sort of backlash.
Honestly I could have guessed, those two have become close over the last month, they’re nearly always together. It’s one of those cases where if you want to find one just look for the other and there he will be.

“Ask him out.” His eyes widen in horror as I say this and he quickly starts to shake his head, horrified just by the thought of that.

“Wh-what?! I can’t do that, he would reject me and then the friendship that we share will be over forever.” He says in a panicked flurry, his hair now falling in front of his eyes from the amount of shaking he did with his head.

“Your friendship wouldn’t be over, trust me. Plus you two seem close, he may even feel the same way about you. But you won’t know until you try, will you. Trust me, I’m an expert.” I say, tooting my own horn again.

“You’re too confident for your own good, you know that right?”

“And you’re really bad at trying to change the topic, just hike up your skirt and ask him out, okay?” I tell him with all the seriousness I can muster. I’d love to see him in a relationship, he deserves one after all. Plus he’s a nice kid, he’d be the perfect boyfriend especially for someone like Minho.

“Okay okay, I’ll try to okay?” That’s all I needed to hear to be satisfied.

“Good, now can we get out of here. I have a boyfriend waiting for me.”

--------------------------------

Kyungsoo’s P.O.V:

Text – To Kyungsoo
Babe, we’re on the way home. I’ll be back to our room in about an hour, okay?
See you soon, my beautiful boy ;) xx – Kai

“I’ve got to go.” I say, standing up from where I sat on the floor and slipping my phone into the front pocket of my jeans. I’ve been in Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s room for the last hour or so, just talking about everything that has been going on. We used to do this at least once a week, but since Jongin came along and I’ve made so many new friends I haven’t had the time to just sit down with them and talk. It’s been nice to be able to do it again.

“Jongin on the way back?” Chanyeol asks, looking up at me from where he sits on the bed, cross legged with Baekhyun sitting in his lap. His legs must be dead by now, but if they are he’s not complaining.

“Yeah he’ll be back in about an hour, so I need to get ready and prepare the rest of the food.” I say simply before heading over to the door.

“Good luck, Soo.” Chanyeol wishes me luck, nodding towards me as I open up the door.

“Kaisoo hwaiting~!” Baekhyun shouts just as I step out of the door, earning my attention once again.

“What the hell is a Kaisoo?” I ask him, cocking my head to one side in pure confusion as I do so.

“Kaisoo is the combination of your and Jongin’s name. I decided to use Jongin’s nickname as it just worked better.” Baekhyun explains himself as if it’s the most normal thing in the world.

“Okaaaaaaay then.” I elongate my voice as I back out of the room, closing the door behind me. I knew Baekhyun was crazy, but not that crazy.
I mean, Kaisoo? Really? Who does he think he is some tumblr fangirl!?

I head into the kitchen, looking over the rest of the stuff that I need to prepare for our meal. It’s nothing fancy, but I didn’t think that it needed to be. This is a day where we celebrate our one month of love, and therefore what we do and what we have should all be things that we love, right? That’s why the meal is far from fancy, unless fried chicken, salad and homemade bread is fancy. But Jongin loves those things, and so to me that’s what matters.

All that I need to do is fry off the chicken that I prepared earlier and then move everything onto the table that’s in our room, it shouldn’t be too hard and it won’t take me too long to do. I just hope Jongin stays away long enough for me to set everything up.

-----------------

At this point in time I’m making sure that I look alright. For once I put effort into how I look, I do want to look nice for Jongin after all. I think this is the first time I have worn a suit in about five or six years, due to this I had to go out to get measured up. But it was worth it, I look good in the black suit with a matching tie around my neck. The ring that’s normally attached to a necklace chain is currently around my ring finger, as I wanted to be able to see it for this night.
As I finish straightening out my tie my phone goes off, alerting me to a new text. I’m quick to pick the device off of my desk, unlocking it before scanning my eyes over the text.

Text – To Kyungsoo
One smart looking Jongin coming your way in five minutes.
Hope I gave you enough time.
Have fun and use protection! – LT

My cheeks turn crimson at the last sentence of the text. I really didn’t want Jongin to come back to a blushing mess but looks like that isn’t going to happen.
The room is finally all set up, and the food is laid out on the table, covered by tin foil to try and keep some of the heat in. Not that it needs much, this is the type of mean that can be eaten cold after all.

I can’t help but feel slightly nervous, I really don’t know if Jongin will like all of this.
Will he think it’s too much? Possibly.
But will he like it? I don’t know.
All I can do is hope.

I have no time to panic now anyway, my boyfriend is knocking on the door.