Chapter 19 - Keys

Friend Request -KaiSoo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

Am I upset about the departure of Kris and Tao? Well...yes. I've known both of them for a while now and they've just always been around, it's going to be hard getting used to them not being around all of the time. But hey, friends come and go as long as they're happy that's all right?

"Care to enlighten us on who these new people are then?" I question, snuggling even further, if that's possible, into Jongin's side, savouring the warmth that he manages to give me.

"Well we haven't actually met them, but from what we heard there are actually three new people, four if you include Jongin. Two of the others are moving into Tao and Kris' old room, and then one is moving in upstairs, I believe he's going to be having the spare bed that's in Minho's room." Baekhyun explains, looking up to Chanyeol to get some sort of help as he does so. Chanyeol just nods, confirming what Baekhyun said to be true.

"Do you know what classes they are taking?" Jongin pipes up, looking actually interested in the conversation. Maybe he's hoping one of these boys will be in his class so he won't be the only newbie.

"I don't know, as I say not much is known about them. I don't think they're even here yet." Chanyeol chimes in, itching the nape of his neck as he does so.
Jongin hums in response, the hope once held in his eyes dimming just slightly.

"Anyway," Baekhyun starts, turning to face Chanyeol as he does so, "we should leave the two lover boys to finish what they were starting before we interrupted, right?" Chanyeol doesn't even reply, grabbing Baekhyun’s hand and pretty much pulling him out of the room.
I can feel my cheeks heating up at the comment, something Jongin picks up on and starts to coo at. I shoot him a quick glare before grabbing a pillow and throwing it in the direction of the two other males, said feather object hitting the door just as it closes.

"Goddammit."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jonghyun can you be a tiny bit quieter with the suitcase please? It's late you're going to wake everyone up."

"I am being quite! It's your huge stash of clothes that's weighing it down and causing it to sound like a stampede of buffalos."

It's currently 11:33pm and me and Jongin sit here on my bed listening to the hushes whispers that come from just outside of our door.

"Jonghyun?" Jongin questions, whispering himself in case the other people are still outside.

"Must be the new kid, I don't know him." I reply, shuffling my way out of Jongin's arms and into a standing position on the wooden floor as I do so. This causes Jongin to start pouting, however this pout quickly disappears as I bend down to press a kiss to his lips.

"What are you doing?" Jongin questions, sitting up but not moving out of the bed due to the fact that his crutches are out of his reach.

"I'm going to say hello." I say, pulling on one of Jongin's hoodies that are way too big for me as I do so.

"Soo, are you crazy? It's nearly midnight, no one in their right minds would knock on someone's door now. Leave it to the morning."
Just as I am about to reply, there's a knock at our door. It's an extremely quiet one, but can't go unmissed due to the way we were whispering previously.

"What were you saying?" I ask as I move over to the door, he grumbles softly in response, going back to his pouting ways, this time with his arms firmly folded across his chest.

"Stop it you big baby." I mouth over to him before opening the door.

"Ah hello," It's another male, unsurprisingly. He's a lot taller than myself and by the looks of it a couple of years older as well, his blonde hair is sticking up slightly in random places as he bows before straightening himself back-up, a small smile on his lips as he does so. "My name's Kibum, I'm a new student here, sorry to bother you with this but we can't seem to get into our room. Would you be able to help?"

I bow before speaking, "Hello. It's no bother really, I'd be happy to help. Oh I'm Kyungsoo by the way," I turn to the side slightly so that the other male can clearly see into our room, I point of towards Jongin, "and him over there, that's Jongin. He's also new, like you."

"Hello." Comes Jongin's response, he's now reaching out for his crutches, instead of seeing him struggle I quickly go over to pass the objects to him before going back over to the door.

"Hello Jongin, Kyungsoo it's nice to meet you. My room's just down here." He nods in the direction of his room before walking off down the hall. I follow after him, of course already knowing the way. Jongin tags along as well, either to meet the new pupils or to make sure I'm protected. He's become obsessed with protecting me, really he always has been.

The other new boy is standing just outside of Kris' old room, he is notably shorter than Kibum but is still a bit taller than myself, his hair is a rich shade of brown and more tamed than Kibum's is. Again he looks like he's older than Jongin and I as well, maybe even older than Kibum.

"Jonghyun this is Kyungsoo and Jongin, Kyungsoo and Jongin this is my roommate and friend Jonghyun." Kibum states as we reach the door. The male now known as Jonghyun bows, as do we.

"Nice to meet you, Kyungsoo, Jongin." He says nodding at each of us in turn as he does so.

"What's wrong with your door then?" I ask, looking between the two of them as I wait for an answer.

"The door won't open. Kibum's been trying to open it for about ten minutes but the damn thing won't budge." Jonghyun explains, sighing slightly out of annoyance as he does so.

"Pass me your keys." I say, holding out my hand as I do so. Kibum places the keys into my outstreched hand, which there are three of in total. One for the main door, one for their bathroom door and one for the common room that we all share.

I start shifting through the keys, looking for the one that will fit the door's lock, all of the keys look extremely similar and in the dark light of the corridor it is quite hard to make out which one is the right one.

"What happened to your ankle?" Kibum asks Jongin, looking from said hurt ankle back up to Jongin's face.

"Ah, dancing accident. I fell off the stage during a practice and butchered my ankle. It's going to be in this damn cast for another three weeks." He explains, obviously mentally cursing his broken ankle as he does so. I know how much he hates it, he really can't wait to get out and back into dancing.

By this time I have given up on trying to figure out which key is the right one and have started to just test each key in the lock, until I get the right one.

"You're a dancer? Our friend is as well, he's new like us we all moved over to this college together." Kibum speaks again, his smile never faltering as he does so.

"Really? What's his name maybe I'll be able to get to know him. It's be nice knowing someone before classes start." That's right, tomorrow is another free day. Although we have the whole school assembly which briefs off for the year ahead and our new timetables, classes don't start until Tuesday.

"Taemin..Lee Taemin. He moved in a couple of hours before us so he's probably asleep now, I'll text him tomorrow and say that you're interested in meeting up with him if you want."
Jongin smiles extremely brightly at this, nodding as he does so.

"That'd be great, thanks."

"Aha!" I give a small celebratory cheer as the lock in the door finally clicks open, the door swinging open straight away. "Here you go." I say, passing the keys over to Jonghyun who takes them straight away.

"How did you do that so quickly?" Jonghyun asks as he places the keys into his back pocket.

"I just tried all of the keys until one fit, did you seriously not think of doing that?" I ask, directing my question at Kibum since he was the one who had tried so hard with opening the door. Both Jongin and Jonghyun turn to face the other male as well, who's eyes are shifting around to avoid eye contact.

"I may have only been trying the one key for ten minutes."

I press one of my palms to my forehead as he admits this, Jongin groans and Jonghyun sighs with disappointment.

"See this is why I should take charge of things." Jonghyun says, a cocky grin pasted onto his lips as he did so.

"Oh shut up." Kibum hisses, grabbing onto the handle of one of the three suitcases that they have and dragging it into the room as he walks.

"Thanks for the help guys, see you tomorrow yeah?" Jonghyun asks. Both of us nod in response, and with this Jonghyun picks up the other to suitcases and makes his way inside.

"Hang on." Jongin suddenly calls, halting Jonghyun's movements of closing the door.

"What's up?"

"Is it too soon to give Kibum a nickname?" He asks, looking into the room to where Kibum stands, already unpacking a suitcase that looks to be just full of clothes.
The mention of his name grabs Kibum's attention as he wanders back open to the now fully open door.

"I don't think so, why what did you have in mind?" Kibum questions, leaning against the frame of the door as he does so.

"Key." is Jongin's response, the nickname has Jonghyun as well as myself laughing just softly, Kibum on the other hand looks blank for a moment, before he smiles.

"I like it." Kibum approves, nodding his head as he mutters the nickname over and over again.

"Key it is then."