Chapter 1 - Notifications

Friend Request -KaiSoo

Kyungsoo's P.O.V:

I woke up early on the first day of Summer break, the sun bleeding through my closed curtains as the birds outside started to sing. I sat up slowly from where I lay and stretched the sleep out of my limbs.

Really, I don't know why I was awake so early. There is never anything for me to do on breaks, and with the Summer break being the longest one for us, this was basically going to be seven weeks of boring hell for me.

I attend an all boys college, where we stay in dorms. I'm studying singing there and it's one of the best in the country, due to this people come from all around the country just to study there.

This means that when breaks come around, most people go back to their home city or sometimes even their home country to be with their families. All of my friends travelled from different cities to study at the school, and it's just my luck that none of those cities are near me, meaning that we can't meet up. That is why breaks are boring hell.

Thoughts of how boring the next few weeks were going to be, were swimming through my mind as I dressed and ready to face 'hell day number one'. I decided just to pull on some of my old black skinny jeans, a darkish blue shirt and one of my red hoodies, I wouldn't be leaving my apartment today, so there was no need to look presentable.

I wandered out of my bedroom and through my small, one bedroom apartment before stopping in the kitchen, desperately searching for some sort of food to eat as breakfast. I really needed to go shopping at some point.

I picked up some left over pizza from last night's dinner and decided to eat that, since it was already right there and most importantly it was edible.

As I sat down on my couch I pulled my laptop onto my lap, immediately starting it up.

'I might as well see what the other's are up to' I thought as I logged into my Facebook. I only ever used it during holiday times, to keep up with what everyone was doing. Using it during term time, was pretty much hell with all of the drama that seemed to be constantly going on.

The laptop's screen came to life as a flood of notifications started popping up, alerting me of who poked me, who messaged, who has posted to what group and all of the other things that I really didn't care about.

The first thing I did, was start to delete all of the notifications, passing by and deleting all of the worthless things that Facebook thought was important for some reason.

I had a total of ten friend requests, most of them from random people who had stumbled across my profile for some damn reason, I was quick to decline most of them really not wanting to let anyone that I didn't care about into my life.

But one of them caught my eye, his name was Kim Jongin and on closer inspection I noticed that he was actually mutual friends with Chanyeol, one of my friends from the college that we attended.

For some reason, my heart told me to accept the request, Chanyeol knew him after all so he can't be that bad. But then again Chanyeol seems to get along with everyone and know everyone, somehow.

I clicked onto his profile, but most of it was private, all I was able to see was his latest profile picture and header everything else was on lockdown. But I wanted to know more. My biggest question being how Chanyeol actually knew this guy, as I am sure he doesn't attend our college, and Chanyeol has been in education with me ever since we were five-years-old and this Jongin guy never went to any of our previous schools.

Nothing bad could come from me accepting the friend request, so I did it. And about a minute or so after, I received a message.

Kim Jongin: Hey there