Chapter 9

Amnesia

“Umma, appa. I’m home.” Baekhyun announced as soon as he stepped inside their house after a tiring day from school. Looking around, Baekhyun noticed that his parents weren’t at the living neither at the kitchen, wanting to find them, Baekhyun went to the back door and saw his parents both sitting at the wooden chairs that was placed on their backyard, cups above the table between them. 

He smiled at the sight. 

I wish to be like them someday too, he thought with a smile. 

Shaking his head to get out of his trance, Baekhyun decided not to interrupt his parent’s moment and go straight to his bedroom instead. Entering his room, Baekhyun went towards his bed and dropped his bag at the floor before sprawling his body on the bed. About to close his eyes, Baekhyun stopped when he felt his phone vibrating. 

Looking at his phone screen, Baekhyun’s eyes furrowed when he saw an unfamiliar number. 

“Hello?” He greeted as soon as he picked up. “Hello, Baekhyun?” A familiar voice greeted on the other side making Baekhyun jolt up from his position. “Taeyeon?” He said and heard a chuckle on the other line. “Yes, it’s me.” Taeyeon said in confirmation. 

“How.. did you get my number?” Baekhyun asked. “Oh, that. Sorry for calling without notice but you left your book here in your classroom, I was asking Kai if he could give it to you but he gave me your number instead. I took this to your subject teacher but he said you should have it since he gave you some home works today? Maybe you could see me and get this book.” Taeyeon explained. “I’m sorry for taking your number, I can delete it right after--” 

“No, no. It’s alright.” Baekhyun said cutting Taeyeon’s blabbering. 

“Oh.” 

That’s what she said. “I don’t mind, besides it’s not your fault. “ He said with a chuckle. 

“Where are you right now? I can go and get it.” Baekhyun said. “I’m actually about to leave the school right now.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he stood up from his head. “Do you where the nearby ice cream shop is? Wait for me there, I’ll be there in 10.” Baekhyun said. “Sure, see you.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head as if he could see her.

“See you.” He said before hanging up and dashing to his closet to change his clothes. 

 

 

“Hey.” Baekhyun greeted as soon as he caught sight of Taeyeon. “Hey there.” Taeyeon greeted with a smile making the latter instantly smile too. “Sorry I was late, I need to tell my parents before I can leave.” He said with a sheepish smile and Taeyeon chuckled before shaking her head. “It’s alright, you’re just two minutes late.” She said with a grin. 

“You have my book, right?” Baekhyun said changing their topic. “No.” She said deadpanned making Baekhyun looked at her disbelief making Taeyeon laugh. 

“I have it, don’t worry.” Taeyeon said before opening her bag that was resting on the chair beside her, taking the book out of the bag, Taeyeon handed it to Baekhyun before laughing again. “You thought I fooled you, isn’t it?” Taeyeon said teasingly and Baekhyun’s cheeks immediately grew red. 

“N-No.” He denied and mentally slapped himself for stuttering. 

“Okay, I’ll pretend I heard you say yes.” Taeyeon said with a grin. “By the way, thank you for taking my book with you and going through all the trouble.” Baekhyun said while scratching his nape and Taeyeon chuckled as she shook her head. 

“It’s nothing.” She said with a smile. “But.. are you sure you don’t want me to delete your number?” Taeyeon asked afraid that Baekhyun disliked the idea of her having his phone number, after all it’s a personal matter. 

“It’s alright, at least I don’t need to ask for your number anymore.” Baekhyun stated his thoughts and Taeyeon looked at him teasingly, just then Baekhyun realized what he said and his face instantly grew red in embarrassment. 

“So you don’t want me to delete it so you can have my number in return, huh?” Taeyeon said teasingly and Baekhyun opened his book before lifting it up to hide his reddened face. “Cute.” Taeyeon teased and Baekhyun felt like digging up a hole right there and then to hide from the latter. 

“Come on, you don’t need to be shy. I wasn’t planning to delete your number anyways.” Taeyeon said before snatching the book from Baekhyun’s grasp and setting it down on the table before staring straight into the latter. Baekhyun gulped, dazed by Taeyeon’s eyes. 

“Do you want ice cream?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun raised his brows, still in daze. “Huh?” He asked and Taeyeon chuckled. 

“I said, do you want ice cream?” Taeyeon said while pointing at the counter. “Yes, I do. What flavor do you like?” He said before abruptly standing up surprising the latter. 

Great, another embarrassment, thought Baekhyun. 

“I’ll have vanilla.” Taeyeon said with a grin and Baekhyun nodded his head before walking away only to stop and go back to her making Taeyeon raise her brows and look at him questioningly. 

“Wait here.” He said while motioning with his hands before walking away again making Taeyeon chuckle and shake her head. 

Resting her elbow above the table, Taeyeon placed her chin above the table and watched as Baekhyun lined up on the queue with a smile on her face. 

She can’t deny, Baekhyun’s one of a unique guy. 

 

 


“So full.” Taeyeon said as she stared into the empty ice cream bowl in front of her. “Me too.” Baekhyun said as he dropped his head on the table before heaving out a sigh. “Come on, time to burn those calories.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun lifted his head up as Taeyeon pointed at the park that was in front of the shop. 

“Come on.” He said before standing up and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

Walking out of the cafe, Baekhyun stopped his pace making Taeyeon stop too and look at him questioningly. 

“I’ll keep this book first.” Baekhyun said lifting the book that was on his hands and Taeyeon nodded her head, still confused of where Baekhyun would keep his book. “Where.. oh.” Taeyeon said once she saw Baekhyun open the door of a pick up truck that was parked just in front of the shop. 

“Give me your bag.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. 

“I’ll take you home after we walk.” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: More fluff coming~! 

Thanks for reading~