Chapter 13

Amnesia

“Does it hurt?” Baekhyun worriedly asked while gently dabbing his wet handkerchief against Taeyeon’s wounded knees, frowning in pain, Taeyeon lightly nodded her head answering his question making Baekhyun sigh, shaking his head, Baekhyun opened the faucet again as Taeyeon sat above the tiled counter beside him, her eyes still teary. 

“Your arm.. is it--” 

“I’m fine.” Baekhyun coldly answered and Taeyeon nodded her head. Thinking that maybe Baekhyun doesn’t want to help her treat her wounds, Taeyeon took a deep breath before saying, “I’ll clean my wounds instead. You.. can go.” as she tried taking the cloth away from the latter only to get her hand pushed away gently. 

“It’s fine, why are you asking me to go away when you’re completely shaken up?” Baekhyun asked finally lifting his head and meeting Taeyeon’s eyes. He sighed when he saw tears threatening to spill. 

“I-I’m sorry for being harsh.. I..” 

“It’s alright.” Taeyeon said cutting him off as she wiped her eyes with the back of her hands. 

Baekhyun can only sigh. 

“Tell me, what else did they do to you?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon swallowed the invisible lump blocking , she was finding it hard to breathe and she hated it. “Taeyeon, tell me.” Baekhyun pleaded and Taeyeon shook her head. 

“I.. I was screaming for help w-when Chanyeol slapped me. H-He blamed me for the suspension he got, h-he said his father beat him up b-because of me a-and that he’ll make me f-feel the same. A-After that, he told the t-two other guys that w-was w-with him t-to do anything w-with me a-as they p-please.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed as he shook his head, anger building up inside him again. “I.. I thought I..” 

“Shh, don’t cry.” Baekhyun said as he held her hands tightly. “I won’t let him lay a hand on you anymore, not even a finger.” He said, his voice dead serious. “Baekhyun.. you.” 

“You have nothing to do with this Taeyeon, he hated me right from the start and I won’t just shut up anymore and let him do whatever he pleases. I’ve had enough.” He lied. He still can let it go if Chanyeol takes it back on him instead but no, it involves Taeyeon and he can’t just let her be dragged into the mess between them. 

“Baekhyun..” 

“He’ll pay.” He said before turning his attention back to Taeyeon’s wounds. 

 


“I want you to write your statements later, but for now I want to hear it from you.” The school president said as soon the Taeyeon, Kai and Baekhyun came inside his office. “You start it Miss Kim.”  The president added and Taeyeon took a deep breath as she looked down on her hands that was clasped together as it shook lightly, it didn’t go unnoticed to the two other people that was sitting across her. 

“I.. I was preparing home, sir. When Park Chanyeol came into my way and dragged me back to the intern’s quarters with the two other of his accomplice.” Taeyeon started and glanced at Baekhyun before continuing. “I was asking him why he’s doing that and.. he blamed me for his suspension, he also blamed me for getting beaten up by his father and.. h-he said he’s going to make me pay. He said he’s going to make me feel the same way h-he felt.” Taeyeon said, her voice shaking making Baekhyun reach out to her hand to hold it but Kai stopped him. 

Baekhyun can only sigh. 

“So, what about you?” The president asked turning his attention to Baekhyun now. “Byun Baekhyun, you’re one of the greatest students I’ve known, what made you do this?” The president asked, disappointment clearly evident at the tone of his voice. 

“I was about to go home, sir. Chanyeol sent me a message and you can see it here.” Baekhyun said putting his phone above the president’s table. “I was worried he might do something to her, so I ran back and found them in the act of hurting her.” Baekhyun said and flexed his jaw as anger starts to eat him up again. 

“I can’t let him do that, so I did whatever I can. I won’t say it was self defense.” Baekhyun said surprising the three other people inside the room. “Why?” The president asked and Baekhyun clenched his fist and took a deep breath trying to calm himself down. “Because I did that with all the pent up anger inside of me. I can’t stand it anymore that’s why I gave him a piece of my mind.” Baekhyun said under his breath. 

“You do know that you’ll face punishments because of what you did too, right? Including the fact that you said that it wasn’t just self-defense.” The president said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I’ll accept whatever punishment it is as long as he doesn’t wake up.” Baekhyun muttered under his breath. 

“Byun Baekhyun.” The president scolded. “I just did what serves him right, sir. Now if you excuse me I have to get going.” Baekhyun said before standing up and leaving the president’s office with a frown on his face. Taeyeon can only watch him walk away. 

Is it really all because of his anger towards Chanyeol? Taeyeon thought. 

“Miss Kim, I’m giving you a few days to rest and I apologize if something like this happens to you.” The president apologized. “Sir, would the punishment for Baekhyun be heavy?” Kai suddenly asked out of nowhere. 

“You heard you friend, he admitted that it wasn’t just self-defense and by the way I see it, he hit Chanyeol and his accomplices pretty badly. The school doctor reported their condition to me and told me that one got his jaw fractured, the one has his liver pretty badly beaten up while Chanyeol got his carotid artery hit including the other injuries Baekhyun inflicted on him, it can be deadly and I didn’t expect this to come from Baekhyun whom I know is a gentle and calm student. He could have killed the three of them especially Chanyeol.” The president explained. 

“He could have if it wasn’t for his broken arm.” Taeyeon suddenly spoke up. 

“He broke his arm?!” Kai asked in shock and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head as she looked down. 

“I think he broke it while trying to open the door.” Taeyeon stated. “President, can you please not give him a heavy punishment? He did all that to protect me, it was all because of me.” Taeyeon looked up and pleaded the school president, her tears starting to escape from her eyes again. 

“But Miss Kim--” 

“He wouldn’t have done that if Chanyeol didn’t start it, Baekhyun had been letting that guy do whatever he wants to do with him and it just happened that Chanyeol tried to hurt me. I know he didn’t do it intentionally, please don’t.. don’t give him a punishment he doesn’t deserve.” Taeyeon pleaded. 

“I’ll see what I can do.” The president said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Excuse me first president, I’ll look for Baekhyun first and take him back here.” Kai said and the president nodded his head giving Kai his permission. 

 

 

“Baekhyun, what are you doing?” Kai asked as soon as he saw Baekhyun outside the school building sitting on top of the bleachers, lost in his thoughts. “Nothing.” Baekhyun answered and was about to leave when Kai grabbed his arm. 

“Stop.” Kai said and Baekhyun hissed. “Don’t tell me what to do.” Baekhyun growled under his breath. 

“Enough.” Kai said and Baekhyun, with all his might yanked Kai’s hand away despite of the pain in his arms. 

“I’ve had enough!” Baekhyun finally burst out. “I’m gonna show that guy who he’s picking with! I won’t just sit back anymore.” Baekhyun said, his eyes and voice flaring with anger. 

“This is so not you.” Kai said while shaking his head and Baekhyun is on the edge of losing it. 

“Well this is me now, I’m gonna make Park Chanyeol suffer.” Baekhyun threatened, his voice dangerously low.  “Baekhyun, let the presiden--” 
“No.” Baekhyun said firmly. “Why are you being like this?!” Kai asked, losing him temper too.

“Because he hurt Taeyeon! Because he hurt the girl I’m freaking in love with and I’m not gonna let him get away with it!” Baekhyun screamed, he lost it. Kai stood there, already expecting Baekhyun to admit it and it didn’t last long when they heard a soft thud. 

Both snapping their heads towards the way where the sound came from, both stood in shock when they saw Taeyeon standing a few steps away from them, Baekhyun’s phone on the ground already while Taeyeon’s hand that was holding his phone early began to shake, her eyes focused on Baekhyun and he doesn’t know what she felt right at that moment. 

Stupid, he thought as he started to walk away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *sniffs* I can smell the dramaaa