Chapter 16

Amnesia

"Are you hearing yourself right now?"

 

Baekhyun asked with a scoff. 

 

"Is this a joke to you? Are my feelings a joke to you?!" Baekhyun asked, his voice louder than the usual one making Taeyeon flinch. 

 

"It's not that." Taeyeon defended.

 

"Then what Taeyeon? What am I supposed to think?" Baekhyun asked, his voice becoming weak. "If you're doing this because you feel indebted to me then I'm telling you right now then you don't." Baekhyun explained. 

 

"Baekhyun, it's not like that. I'm not doing this because I feel indebted or anythin--"

 

"Then what am I supposed to believe?" Baekhyun cut her off.  "It's not even a day after what had happened and now you wanted to give us a try? Am I a joke to you?" He asked, his voice strained but still hinting annoyance. 

 

"It's nothing like that!" 

 

Taeyeon finally lost it. "Can't you see that I wanted to try because I can see a small chance for us?" She shouted finally having enough of him. "Fine then, if you don't want to believe me then I don't think there's any reason for me stay here. Don't forget to eat your lunch and change into that clean shirt I gave you." Taeyeon reminded before finally going out of his sight.

 

It pained her to know that Baekhyun doesn't believe her, adding to that is the fact that she's willing to try it with him.

 

"Taeyeon noona, are you alright?" 

 

Taeyeon heard Kai's voice making her look up and wipe her tears away before the latter could notice it but too late, Kai already did. 

 

"Y-Yes, I am." Taeyeon answered before forcing a smile. 

 

"Are you sure? Did you, by chance, went to Baekhyun and talked to him? Is he the reason why you're crying?" Kai asked worriedly and Taeyeon forced another smile. 

 

"It's nothing Kai, don't mind me." Taeyeon said. "Noona, you don't need to deny. Who else would make you like this aside from Baekhyun? And from the way I see it you came from where Baekhyun is." Kai smartly said and Taeyeon knew she can't lie anymore. 

 

"Okay, you win." She said with a chuckle.

 

"Did he say something.. hurtful?" Kai asked. 

 

A lot, Taeyeon thought. 

 

"Don't worry noona, I'll try to knock some sense into him." Kai said with a smile. "Just please don't get into a fight with him. I know he's just putting up a strong front." Taeyeon said with a frown. 

 

"You sure do care a lot about him noona." Kai said with a teasing grin making Taeyeon blush.

 

"I just feel guilty for putting Baekhyun into that situation it should be m--"

 

"Noona, don't him hear you say that." Kai said cutting her off. "He'll push you away even more." He added. 

 

Taeyeon can only sigh, Kai was right.

 

"I'll talk to him noona." Kai said before giving Taeyeon a small bow and making his way to where Baekhyun is.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, aren't you going class yet?" Kai asked as soon as he saw his friend lifting a sack of soil back to the greenhouse. "Just one more sack." Baekhyun answered as he threw the sack down the ground causing the dust on it to fly everywhere around them making Kai take a step back afraid that the dirt might get onto his uniform. 

 

"What are you doing here anyways?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Taeyeon noona brought you lunch?" Kai asked ignoring Baekhyun's question. "Yes, what is it to you?" Baekhyun asked, his voice cold. 

 

"I was just surprised. I mean, she should have ignored you by now considering about what had happened yesterday." Kai ssid and Baekhyun sighed. 

 

"Don't remind me." 

 

"I just wanted to tell you that she isn't your typical girl." Kai said and Baekhyun raised his brows. "She should have ignored you by now is she's just the typical girl. She's still nice to you isn't she?" Kai said with a frown disappointed onnhow Baekhyun was taking things his way. 

 

"She just feel indebted." Baekhyun reasoned out. "Like I said, Taeyeon noona isn't your typical girl." Kai said wanting to knock some sense into his friend, he doesn't like the way Baekhyun changed but he cannot blame it on the latter knowing that it was all pent up anger.

 

"She's giving you a chance and you're throwing it away like that? You're better than that Baek." Kai said. "Adding to that, she should be turned off to you by now considering what you did to her. Walking away without explaining. That's not so nice you know." Kai said while shaking his head. He wanted Baekhyun to realize what he's doing. Hearing no response from his friend, Kai continued.

 

"What I'm trying to say is, be nice to her and take that chance. Make her fall for you that she won't have to think about leaving you." Kai said with a grin and Baekhyun shook his head. 

 

"That's imposs--"

 

"Whatever. If you're not going to tale that chance, I will." Kai jokingly threatened before  running away before Baekhyun could even hit him. 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon slumped her back against the headboard as soon as she placed herself on the bed. About to close her eyes, Taeyeon stopped when she heard her phone ring. 

 

'Are you busy?' 

 

In came Baekhyun's reply. 

 

'Nothing.' 

 

Taeyeon replied.

 

'How are your knees?' His reply came instantly fast. 

 

'Fine.' 

 

She answered, she knew it may look cold to him but that's her mood right now.

 

He can't blame me, she thought.

 

'Sure?' His reply came. 

 

'Yes.' She answered. 

 

'Can I ask you something?'

 

It made her stop what she's doing. 

 

What does he want now? She thought. 

 

'Go ahead.' She replied. 

 

'Go on a date with me? Please?'

____________________________________________________________

A/N: I just updated using my phone T.T my laptop decided to leave me yesterday so I apologize if there are lots and lots of mistakes done here.

I'll try to update though.

Thanks for reading!