Chapter 47

Amnesia

"So, he practically didn't proposed to you but told his parents that you're both getting married?" Taeyeon's friend asked as soon as she heard Taeyeon's story. Nodding her head, Taeyeon mindlessly stirred the coffee as she let out a deep sigh. 

"Yeah." She answered a few moments later with her mind still trying to cope with everything that has happened to her. 

"Wow." That's all that her friend had said making Taeyeon lift her head up and stare at the latter in disbelief. She expected her friend to give off a better reaction, maybe with something like a worried one, or a concerned one. 

"Lee Sunkyu." Taeyeon said threateningly. Trying to let the latter know that she's serious and that what she just told the latter was important. 

"I go by the name Sunny, dear." Sunny said and Taeyeon rolled her eyes. Sometimes, she cannot understand the latter but then, that's what made them friends, Taeyeon thought trying to exert more patience knowing that Sunny would be serious soon enough. 

 "Whatever." Taeyeon mumbled and Sunny laughed trying to annoy her friend. 

"But.." Sunny trailed, getting serious. "You accepted that guy without even a single proposal?" Sunny asked and Taeyeon sighed as she nodded her head. Now, she felt relief that Sunny decided to talk to her 'normally'. 

"Yes, yes I did." Taeyeon answered. 

"Wow, are really just an idiot or you love that guy too much. Which one?" Sunny asked and Taeyeon frowned, slightly surprised by what Sunny had said. "Look, I don't mean to offend you or anything but do you really love that guy? Or is it because you don't want to offend him in front of his parents that you just agreed?" Sunny asked, noticing her friend's expression and Taeyeon sighed for the umpteenth time.

"I.. don't know." Taeyeon said and Sunny sighed. "You do know that I don't like that guy for you, right?" Sunny asked and Taeyeon nodded  her head, her eyes looking down like a child getting scolded by her parents. 

"And yet you dated him." Sunny added. "I'm not saying this to bad mouth him but you do know where he came from, he's involved with thugs. He did things that a nice, good man won't do and you know that. Does his parents know why he's indebted to those thugs? No right? He partied, he even gambled. Well, maybe not as much as those typical people does but what if he goes back to his same old self again when you two get married? What if he gets worse and hurts you? What would you do? Are you really sure that he's the one?" Sunny continued and Taeyeon looked outside of the cafè.

"But he's willing to change." Taeyeon defended. Mentally trying to convince herself.

"Up to what extent?" Sunny asked. "You know," she  started. "I like the first guy you dated more than that Junsu." Sunny continued. "Because even when I haven't seen him or met him yet, I can feel that he's a good man just by hearing you talk about him. Your eyes sparkled Taeyeon, it was like there were fireworks. You were never the girl I knew when it comes to that guy." Sunny said and Taeyeon face palmed. 

"Was, Sunny. We happened and now it's done." Taeyeon answered. 

"Finished." She added.

"You do know why we broke up right?" Taeyeon continued and Sunny nodded her head. "Doesn't mean you two can give it a shot again, he made a mistake but that's just because he was jealous. Why wouldn't he be, right? He saw you with someone else. You two can talk about that being too 'over acting and jealousy' thing when you two get back together. Try to fix it and who knows, maybe you two are meant to be together for the second time around." Sunny said and Taeyeon shook her head. 

"I just don't want history to repeat itself, Sunny." Taeyeon said and this time, it was Sunny that sighed. 

"It's not too late ye-"

"They're brothers." Taeyeon said cutting the latter off. 

"W-What?" Sunny ask in complete shock and disbelief. 

"They're brothers, Sunny. Junsu's parents adopted Baekhyun when he was younger, they grew up together." Taeyeon revealed and Sunny can only look at her in surprise, still trying to let what Taeyeon just said sink in her mind. 

"I.." Sunny trailed, still in utter disbelief.

"That's one of the reasons why I also don't want to go back or even reminisce anything with Baekhyun. They're brothers, Sunny and I don't want to ruin anything." Taeyeon explained and Sunny slowly shook her head.

"Sorry, Taeyeon. But you're a complete idiot." Sunny said and Taeyeon chuckled sarcastically. "I know." She answered. 

"Why did you even.." Sunny trailed before letting out a groan. "Just choose." She continued and Taeyeon looked at Sunny, confusion written all over her face. 

"What.." Taeyeon trailed. 

"Choose between the two Taeyeon, or leave them both alone if you don't really feel anything towards any of them. And when I say 'anything', I meant it as love and not just a stupid infatuation. You're not getting any younger, Tae. You should know how to make the right decision." Sunny said and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

"I understand. I know who to choose now." She answered, a small smile visible on her face. 

 

 

"Baekhyun?"

"T-Taeyeon." 

"What are you doing here?" 

"I just had some coffee with a friend." Taeyeon answered while pointing her thumb back at the cafe a few steps away from them. Looking from where Taeyeon was pointing at, Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Then why are you hurrying out?" Baekhyun asked in curiosity and Taeyeon took a deep breath. 

"I need to do something that's why I'm in a hurry." Taeyeon explained.

"Oh, okay." Baekhyun answered as the awkward silence wrapped around them. 

"You know what.." Taeyeon trailed making Baekhyun look at her in confusion. 

"Let's talk." She said and out if the blue,  without waiting for the latter's response, Taeyeon ran out with Baekhyun's hand attached on hers. 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: This was supposed to be posted a couple of days ago but my fever got worse. TT.TT 

ANYWAYS

I'm fully recovered now so here's the update! Thank you for the patience everyone, please wait for the last three chapters. 

THANK YOU.