Chapter 11

Amnesia

"Hey, what's with the face early in the morning?" Kai asked as soon as he bumped his shoulder to Baekhyun that was walking down the street with a frown on his face and his head hanging low. "Nothing." Baekhyun answered shortly before lifting his head up making Kai gasped. 

"What?" Baekhyun asked upon hearing his friend gasp. 

"Did you even sleep?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head as he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. "I had a few hours sleep, I think." Baekhyun answered and Kai raised his brows. "What's bothering you? We don't have any exams for you to stay up late right? Wait, you don't even stay up late even if we have exams." Kai said his thoughts out loud. 

"It's not that." Baekhyun answered with a strained voice. "Then what?" Kai asked persistent to know what's bothering his friend. "Did Chanyeol bully you or something?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head before pinching the bridge of his nose. "Then what is it? Tell me." Kai whined. 

"It's nothing." Baekhyun answered as he fastened his pace leaving his friend alone. "Geez, that guy." Kai muttered under his breath before running after Baekhyun. 

"Hey! Wait for me!" Kai shouted as he chased after his friend. 

 

 

“Noona, have you seen Baekhyun?” Kai asked as soon as he caught sight of Taeyeon along the hallway. Looking at the latter confusion, Taeyeon shook her head. “No, I haven’t seen him. Why?” Taeyeon asked and Kai sighed as he shook his head. 

“He was not himself earlier and, he just disappeared when the lunch bell rang.” Kai explained. 

“Maybe he went to the comfort room?” Taeyeon said, unsure. 

“I’ve checked noona. I just don’t feel good that he’s alone right now when Chanyeol’s back from his suspension, you see, they don’t really go along really well and if he sees Baekhyun alone, he can do anything.” Kai explained and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I know, how about this? Keep an eye on Chanyeol and his friends while I look for Baekhyun. Just don’t get yourself beaten up.” Taeyeon said knowing that Chanyeol also dislikes Kai too. 

“Sure noona. Thanks for helping.” Kai said and Taeyeon nodded her head as she patted Kai shoulder. 

“Go have your lunch and try to stay out of trouble.” Taeyeon said before walking away wanting to look for the missing guy. Ending up at the football field where they had lunch, Taeyeon looked around and went towards the bleachers where she and Baekhyun hid at.

“There you are.” Taeyeon said with a grin when she said Baekhyun sitting behind the bleachers with his back leaning against it. Hearing the latter’s voice, Baekhyun snapped his head towards the way the voice came from and his eyes widened when he saw Taeyeon standing there with now a small frown. 

“What.. are you doing here?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon raised her brows, Baekhyun sounded cautious with his question but the hint of rudeness and coldness in his voice was evident. “Kai was looking for you, and told me you were missing. I was worried.” Taeyeon said and was about to approach him when Baekhyun stood up abruptly surprising Taeyeon. 

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked knowing that there must be a reason why Baekhyun was acting that way. 

“Nothing.” He said shortly and coldly. 

“Hey, you can tell me what’s wrong--” 

“Nothing’s wrong.” Baekhyun said, his voice louder and firmer. “Just..” Baekhyun trailed. 

“Just what?” Taeyeon asked, still concerned for the latter. 

“Stay away from me.” Baekhyun said before walking away. 

 

 

“Baekhyun, what the hell is wrong with you?” Kai asked as soon as he managed to catch up with Baekhyun who was quickly walking down the school hall. “Nothing.” Baekhyun answered and Kai sighed knowing that the latter’s not in his usual self. 

“Yeah, like pigs have wings and they can fly.” Kai muttered but the latter managed to hear it stopping his pace. 

“Will just stop bothering me?” Baekhyun asked and Kai frowned. “I was just trying to help here!” Kai defended, getting annoyed of Baekhyun’s attitude already. 

“Then I don’t need your help! Not yours and not even Taeyeon’s!” He shouted and spun his heels only to see Taeyeon standing a few steps away from him, shock and hurt written all over his face. Acting like it was nothing, Baekhyun walked past Taeyeon who seemed like about to cry any moment by now. 

“Noona, I’m sorry if Baekhyun was acting like a jerk I’m sure--” 

“It’s alright Kai, maybe something’s bothering him. I can see it in his eyes.” Taeyeon said with a forced and weak smile. It definitely hurt her to hear Baekhyun saying those things, they were good friends, they didn’t start at the wrong foot and not she was hurt and surprised that Baekhyun was asking her to stay away from him. 

She doesn’t know, she doesn’t understand what made him act that way but it definitely hurt and disappointed her.

“Don’t worry noona, I’m sure he didn’t mean what he said.” Kai said apologetically and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“It seems serious, I mean the thing that’s bothering him. Look out for him please? Make sure he doesn’t do anything.” Taeyeon said and Kai nodded his head and gave Taeyeon a bow before running to catch up to Baekhyun.

Running out of the school gates, Kai didn’t fail to notice Chanyeol walking past him and back to the school. 

Stopping his pace, Kai raised his brows.  “He must have forgotten something.” Kai muttered before running after Baekhyun who was now out of sight. Fastening his pace, Kai shook his head and ran after his friend wanting to catch up after Baekhyun and he did so. 

“Hey!” Kai shouted when Baekhyun was a few steps away from him making the latter stop walking. 

“I told you to stop following me!” Baekhyun said with irritation and Kai shrugged before standing beside his friend. 

“Not until you tell me what’s wrong.” Kai said and Baekhyun was about to reply when his phone vibrated making him take it out of his pocket to open it only to show a message that he didn’t expect he will receive. 

‘Taeyeon saved you before, could you save Taeyeon now?’ 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Enough fluff for the meantime.. 

Taeyeon's in danger~ Baekhyun to the rescue~

Thanks for reading!