Chapter 18

Amnesia

"Baekhyun, it's time for your community service." The teacher reminded as soon as he caught sight of the time. Nodding his head, Baekhyun picked his bag up and walked out of the classroom. 

 

"Hey, Baekhyun?" He heard someone calling him from behind as soon as he stepped out of the room. Turning around, Baekhyun raised his brows and gave the student council president a questioning look. 

 

"Is there anything you need?" Baekhyun politely asked making the latter chuckle. "No, I just wanted to tell you your work for today." 

 

"Oh, what is it?" Baekhyun asked. "There are baby plants delivered to us today. Can you move it inside the greenhouse?" The student council president said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

 

"Sure." He answered with a smile before making his way towards the greenhouse leaving the latter confused of his actions. 

 

"He's the only one happy doing community service." The student council president muttered before shaking his head and walking away.

 

 

 

 

"Have you had lunch?" Baekhyun heard a voice from his back while he was about to start his community service for the day. Spinning around, Baekhyun's face immediately lit up when he saw the person standing a few steps away from him. 

 

"Not yet, I'll take one after I'm done." He said as he removed his gardening gloves and approached the person. "I kinda guessed that, here." The person said handling him a paper bag.

 

Baekhyun raised his brows. "What is this Taeyeon-ssi?" Baekhyun asked teasingly making Taeyeon roll her eyes and shake her head, hiding the fact that she was surprised to hear Baekhyun teasing her again. "It's your lunch." Taeyeon answered, trying to sound as nonchalant as she can. "And stop making fun of me." She added pretending to be annoyed at him. 

 

Baekhyun chuckled at the sight.

 

"Thank you but you shouldn't have bothered. Go and eat your lunch, I don't like you starving yourself." He said with a grin and Taeyeon snickered. 

 

"I will, Baekhyun-ssi." Taeyeon back but before she can leave, Baekhyun grabbed her wrist and pulled her back making her stumble towards him, her face against his chest. 

 

Taeyeon instantly blushed. 

 

"Not giving me a goodbye hug?" Baekhyun asked teasingly and Taeyeon pushed him away as she glared at him even when cheeks are still red. 

 

"Whatever." She said turning around to leave when she felt arms going around hers and before she knew it, she was engulfed into a tight backhug, arms restrained. 

 

"L-Let go." Taeyeon said as she tried to remove her arms from Baekhyun first but failed when his hug. "No." Baekhyun answered as he rested his chin on her shoulder. Taeyeon's face grew redder, not in annoyance though but because of the fact that her heart was beating so fast, it scared her that the latter might hear. 

 

"I still have things to do." She said, unwillingly prying Baekhyun's arms off and as soon as she face him. A frown on his face greeted her. 

 

Taeyeon had to chuckle with that. 

 

"I'll make it up to you later." She said with a smile and Baekhyun pouted even more. "Why can't I hug you much longer?" Baekhyun complained and Taeyeon had to suppress a smile. 

 

"Cause technically, I'm not yout girlfriend yet." Taeyeon said with a grin trying to ignore the fact that she felt surprised and shy by her own choice of words or in this case, term. Baekhyun gave her an incredulous look. "I already asked you out on a date, doesn't that count?" Barkhyun whined. 

 

"Na-ah, you need to ask me." Taeyeon said with a grin, again surprised by herself.

 

"Okay." Baekhyun said dejectedly. "I won't force you, let's just see where it leads us first too. Right?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head in confirmation.

 

Seeing the latter looking dejected, Taeyeon leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek and instantly both of their faces grew red.

 

"Stop looking so dejected, eat your lunch." Taeyeon said rather awkwardly before leaving the latter alone. 

 

Seeing Taeyeon briskly walking away after giving him a chaste kiss on the cheek, Baekhyun chuckled. 

 

I'm gonna make you mine, he thought.

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun, let's hang out today!" Kai excitedly offered as soon as he saw Baekhyun packing his bags and ready to leave. Hearing his friend's offer, Baekhyun frowned. 

 

"I'm sorry but I have something else to do." He said with an apologetic tone. "Oh, what is it?" Kai asked completely forgetting his friend's update earlier before school.

 

"Taeyeon agreed to go on a date with me, remember?" Baekhyun said or more like whispered afraid that someone else might hear him. 

 

"Oh, yeah." Kai said, clearly disappointed and it didn't go unnoticed to  the latter standing beside him. "How about I'll call you after I get home. We can play anything you want all night long." Baekhyun offered completely knowing how his friend loved video games. 

 

"Really?!" Kai asked excitedly completely forgetting his small disappointment earlier. "Yup, it's weekend. Let's stay up all night." Baekhyun said with a grin and Kai nodded.

 

"Call!" He answered before slinging humis bag on his shoulder. "I'll tell umma, don't you dare back out!" Kai jokingly threatened as he rushed out of school wanting to go home as fast as he can to tell his mother about his plans.

 

Shaking his head, Baekhyun picked up his bag from his desk and walked out of the room too. A grin plastered on his face. 

We're going on a date, he thought.