Chapter 52

Amnesia

"Taeyeon-ah, I already called umma and appa. Would you be fine here alone first? A company called me today, they wanted to see me." Junsu said as soon as he entered the hospital room. Hearing Junsu's voice, Taeyeon turned her head to the latter and nodded her head. 

"Would your parents come here?" Taeyeon asked and Junsu nodded his head. "Yes, but they're still packing some of Baekhyun's belongings so it probably would take them a while. Would you be fine?" Junsu asked as he held Taeyeon's arm and Taeyeon nodded her head assuring him, Baekhyun on the other hand can't do anything but to watch the two. 

"You don't have to worry about me, you should go now. You don't want to make a bad impression right?" Taeyeon asked and Junsu chuckled as he nodded his head. 

"I'll be going." Junsu said as he kissed her forehead before turning to his brother. "Umma and appa will come here later and since you have an amnesia, you probably won't remember them but Taeyeon will help you." Junsu said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"S-Sure hyung." Baekhyun said and Junsu smiled. "Be good to Taeyeon noona, okay?" Junsu asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Sure hyung." Baekhyun said and Junsu left. 

"So.. uhm.." Taeyeon trailed.

"Noona?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon raised her brows. "Yes?" Taeyeon asked.

"Why are you so awkward around me?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon cleared before letting out a nervous chuckle. "What? Me? No." Taeyeon said, waving her hands like a criminal that got caught. 

"Okaay." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon squinted her eyes on him. "I'm not." She defended again and Baekhyun nodded his head as he shrugged his shoulders. 

"I am not~" Taeyeon defended and Baekhyun nodded his head. "I believe you noona." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon face palmed making Baekhyun chuckle.

"But.. noona?" Baekhyun called. 

"Yes?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Can you tell me what kind of person am I?" Baekhyun asked and a moment of silence was the answer from Taeyeon. "Since you're my brother's fiancee so I was thinking that maybe you do know something about me." Baekhyun continued and Taeyeon looked at him questioningly. 

"Why?" She asked and Baekhyun shrugged. "Well, since you're here and I'm here and I don't know what else to say. Might as well make use of it and try to help me remember?" 

Taeyeon had to chuckle with that.

"What? Why are you laughing at me noona?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head. "Firstly, I'm not laughing at you." Taeyeon defended. "And secondly, don't call me noona. I feel too old." She added. 

"Then.. what should I call you?" Baekhyun asked Taeyeon shrugged. "Taeyeon?" She mindlessly said and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"No way, you're my brother's fiancee right? I should respect you." Baekhyun said. "And as a sign of respect you should do what I told you to do so call me Taeyeon." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun facepalmed, about to answer back Baekhyun stopped when the door creaked open.

"Baekhyun, we're so sorry we got to visit you just now-"

"-Taeyeon noona?" Kai and Chanyeol both said as soon as they saw Taeyeon sitting at the couch while looking at them, her face in utter surprise. 

"What are you doing here?" Kai asked approaching her and Taeyeon stood up. "I was asked to look after Baekhyun." Taeyeon said and Kai looked at Baekhyun questioningly. 

Looking back to Taeyeon, Baekhyun signaled her for help. 

"I.." Taeyeon trailed. "Taeyeon noona." Baekhyun called, saving Taeyeon from further revelations. 

"Noona?" Both Chanyeol and Kai asked in confusion. 

"Who are they?" Baekhyun continued to asked. "Who are.. what?" Kai asked and Taeyeon sighed. 

"They're your friends Baekhyun." Taeyeon said then turned her attention back to Kai.

"Wait." Chanyeol spoke. "What's happening?" He asked. 

"Baekhyun's suffering from amnesia, he can't recognise you both." Taeyeon explained and the two finally calmed down. "But that doesn't explain why you're here." Kai said and the hostility in his voice making the atmosphere tensed again and it didn't go unnoticed to Baekhyun. 

"I.." Taeyeon trailed, knowing the tone of dislike from Kai's voice. 

"What's happening here?" Baekhyun asked and everyone looked at him. "Could you please just calm down for a second?" He asked, frustration evident at the tone of his voice. 

"Sorry." It was Kai that said. 

"Who are you?" Baekhyun asked. 

"We're your friends-"

"Names, please." Baekhyun said while pressing his temples, his head starting to get hurt from the earlier events. 

"I'm Kai, and he's Chanyeol. We're your friend from highschool. Your housemates too." Kai said and Baekhyun sighed. 

"Okay." He said. "But what are you two doing here? And why are you talking to Taeyeon noona like that?" Baekhyun asked and Kai immediately closed his mouth. 

"Can't we visit you? We're best buddies and as for Taeyeon noona..." Kai trailed. 

"You don't need to worry about the way he talks to me. Your friend really talks that way." Taeyeon told Baekhyun with a forced smile and the latter seemed to  have believed it. "Really?" He asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

"Yeah, believe her. Kai's really rude and rowdy." Chanyeol added and Kai can only sigh.

"Okay then." Baekhyun answered. 

"Okay then, I thought for a second there that you three have something I don't know." Baekhyun said and the three instantly froze. 

"There is, isn't it?" 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: PLEASE/MUST READ

Earlier today, I searched for Memories of Yesteryear in google and I stumbled upon a story. Its tags were BaekYeon, COTW sequel and Baby Don't Cry. I instantly knew that it was all of my story titles so I opened it. (BY THE WAY THIS WAS ON WATTPAD) and to my surprise it was really MY STORIES, I tried searching for a credit or something since I remember letting one of my readers post my stories on wattpad  WITH CREDITS. But with this one THERE ISN'T. The 'author' even proudly called it as 'theirs' and I was surprised. I never plagiarized nor copied anything from other people since I know what it feels like to work hard on something but seeing it happen to my stories, it's painful on my part. I spent and invested my time on it and I was quite disappointed that someone would just copy and own it like that (THAT PERSON EVEN MADE THOSE STORIES INTO BOOK 1-3 AND EVEN COPIED MY AUTHOR NOTES, JUST WOW). Anyway, someone commented there that it was from here in AFF and that made me feel a little relieved, I also commented there with my own account (an inactive one that I use from time to time) saying that I hope that he/she gave credits to the real author.  I hope that person realizes what he/she has been doing. Anyways, the dates that the stories from here and wattpad were posted will determine what's the 'REAL' one.

I'm not being mean or anything, I just dislike people who can't even be honest enough. For now, I'll keep a close eye on that person and if ever he/she copies MY STORIES again, I won't hesitate to post his/her name and link here on AFF. 

I don't want to do this, but it somewhat hurts me to see someone owning my works. I hope you understand and help me here readers. Sorry for ranting on you and I also apologise for this short update. 

*bows*