Chapter 43

Amnesia

"Baekhyun-ah!" Junsu happily said as he ran to his brother and gave the shocked latter a hug. Pulling away, Junsu held Baekhyun by his shoulders and looked at him up and down with a smile on his face. 

"You've grown up so much!" He said and recovering from his shock, Baekhyun threw his arms around his brother and gave him a tight hug. "Hyung." He called with longingness and Junsu patted his back.

"I'm back." He said and Baekhyun pulled away. "You really surprised us." Baekhyun said in disbelief and Junsu glanced at his parents who both gave him a warm smile, making him feel a pang of sadness and guilt. 

It sadness because he missed then terrible, and guilt because for as long as remember all he did was disappoint them and let them down but even after all, they welcomed him and accepted  him warmly.

"It was really my plan." He answered with a smirk and Baekhyun punched his shoulder making them both laughed. 

"Go talk at the living room, we'll prepare you some food." Their father announced and the two happily made their way to the living room as both their parents can only watch them with a smile on their faces, happy that their family is now again complete. 

 

"So how have you been? You look.. different." Junsu said and Baekhyun forced a smile upon remembering everything that had happened when Junsu was gone. 

"Really? Maybe because it's been a while and you're not used to seeing me like this, hyung." Baekhyun said and Junsu nodded his head even when something was bothering him.

Baekhyun really looked different, his lively eyes were now lifeless, his face grew pale, the bottom of his eyes sank visibly and his jaws became more visible but instead of pointing it out, Junsu remained silent. 

"You say so.." Junsu trailed, worried about his bother. "Anyways, now that you've graduated. What are your plans?" Junsu asked and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"You make it sound like I just graduated high school, hyung. I'm an independent man now, I work at an office quite far from here. I rent an apartment with Kai and Chanyeol, it's nearby where I work. I have my own money, my own car. And if you're asking if I have plans, I think I'll say no. I'm happy with what I have now. Satisfied." Baekhyun said with a small smile and Junsu gave him a look of disbelief. 

"You moved out? When?" Junsu asked and Baekhyun scratched the back of his nape before giving his brother a small smile.

"It was right after I got my first pay. Kai helped too and then Chanyeol joined. We kind of share expenses now." Baekhyun said and Junsu patted his shoulder with a proud smile on his face. 

"I'm glad you grew independent, and I'm glad that those two don't bully you anymore." Junsu said and Baekhyun nodded before looking down to glance at his watch and just right after, his phone rang. 

"Hyung." Baekhyun called while still looking at his phone. "Yeah?" Junsu asked. "I need to go, we have an urgent meeting at the office. Please tell umma and appa. I'll make it up tomorrow, it's my day off." Baekhyun said as he hurriedly ran towards the front door to wear his shoes but before he can leave, he heard Junsu's voice.

"Baekhyun." Junsu called. 

"Yes, hyung?" Baekhyun asked, stopping what his doing.

"Day out with umma and appa tomorrow at the usual restaurant. 3pm sharp." Junsu said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Copy that." He said before walking out of the door. 

 

 

The next day.. 

"Kai, I'll be out first. I won't be back til midnight so don't wait for me." Baekhyun said as soon as he entered the kitchen where Chanyeol and Kai is. 

"Are you going there again? Come on." Kai said, clearly knowing where Baekhyun wanted to go, two years of living with the Baekhyun, Kai knew the latter too well. 

It was always this scenario, every day off, if Baekhyun can, he would leave the house early and not come back til midnight only for Kai and Chanyeol to know that the latter had been going to places that holds most of his memories with the girl that left him with nothing.

"I just wanted to clear my mind." Baekhyun defended. "Yeah, by going to places where you and Taeyeon noona used to go? That's not clearing your mind, that's torturing yourself." It was Chanyeol that spoke this time. 

Baekhyun can only sigh, he's right. 

Chanyeol's right. 

"Don't worry, I won't be back til midnight not because I'm 'torturing' myself-" Baekhyun said, quoting his words. "Then what?" Chanyeol asked cutting him off. 

"Junsu hyung's back, he's home since yesterday but I forgot to tell you both. Happy now?" Baekhyun asked and the two nodded their heads wordlessly. 

"Now leave me be." He said before making his way out and before he knew it, he was back at the place where it holds his most precious memories. 

The beach where he used to plan his future with her, with Taeyeon. 

Going out of his car, Baekhyun closed the door and faced the vast that was once the witness of his love towards her, towards Taeyeon. 

Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun walked down the shore. Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun dropped himself on the sand as he cried his heart out. 

The pain was still there, it never left. 

And now it's haunting him again. 

Opening his phone, Baekhyun can't help but to be overwhelmed with hundreds of memories Taeyeon gave him. 

A phone full of every message she sent him, a phone full of her pictures. 

Their memories.

Closing his eyes, Baekhyun let his tired heart and mind rest as he lay back on the sand, letting sleep take over his restless self. 

Moments later, the incessant ringing of his phone brought him back to reality. Finding out that he was already running late with the supposed-to-be day out with his family, Baekhyun dashed towards his car as he put his phone on his back pocket. 

In a hurry, he didn't even seem to noticed that it has dropped back on the sand. 

 

 

'You're so dead Byun Baekhyun. So dead.'

Baekhyun mentally told himself as he ran towards the usual place where he and his family used to bond. Entering the place, Baekhyun saw his parents and his brother sitting at the usual spot but this time, with a stranger. 

Shaking his head, Baekhyun walked towards them and when his parents spotted him, his father gave him a wave making everyone at the table look at him. 

Taking a step forward, Baekhyun was about to greet them when his eyes met the familiar stranger's eyes. 

"T-Taeyeon?"

He whispered to no one.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm planning to end this story by chapter 45 so better prepare everyone! 

But don't you worry, I have my new fic IF you'd still want me to continue writing BaekYeon. 

Now who wants?!