Chapter 49

Amnesia

"Oh ." 

Sunny mumbled as soon as she saw what's displayed in front of her. Not being able to hear it, Taeyeon continued to rummage on Sunny's fridge. 

 "Oh, this is delicious." Taeyeon muttered as soon as she saw a piece of cake hidden at the farthest back of Sunny's fridge, about to take it, Taeyeon stopped when she heard Sunny's voice. 

"T-Taeyeon-ah, you have to s-see this." Sunny said. "What?" Taeyeon asked as she walked out of the kitchen and gave her friend a questioning look. "L-Look." Sunny said while pointing at the TV screen and Taeyeon froze in place. 

Baekhyun's name and picture flashed on the screen and before she can react, it was already gone. Grabbing the remote from Sunny, Taeyeon quickly changed the channel and news came out. 

"Tonight at 8:50 pm, a vehicle crashed at the intersection of Myeongdong Market. It was said that the truck driver was trying to beat red light making it collide against the car. Driver Byun Baekhyun, the victim, was hurriedly sent to the hospital and was reported to be critical."

The announcer said as the CCTV footage flashed through the screen. Taeyeon, upon seeing this, flinched when she saw how the truck managed to hit the side of Baekhyun's car. 

Shaking her head, Taeyeon turned to Sunny.

"Sunny, I need to go there. I need to-"

"Taeyeon, calm down."

"But Sunny he's critical, he needs me. Sunny, I need to see him. Let's go there, please? Let's go, I need to see him. Sunny, he-" Taeyeon rambled as she held Sunny's arm and shook it frantically.

"Kim Taeyeon, hush! Just. Hush! Calm down!" Sunny scolded and Taeyeon let go of Sunny's arm as she continued to cry and sob hardly, she was going crazy if it weren't for Sunny trying to calm her down. 

"We will go, okay? But you have to calm down." Sunny said as she held both of Taeyeon's shoulders firmly and Taeyeon nodded her head frantically as she wiped her tears with the back of her hand before hurriedly heading towards the door with Sunny following her.

 

At Seoul Hospital..

"Kim Taeyeon!" Sunny shouted as she immediately stopped the car when Taeyeon jumped out of it as soon as she slowed down when she entered the hospital's premises. Shaking her head, Sunny watched as her friend ran towards the entrance, while she on the other hand parked the car. 

"I'm looking for Byun Baekhyun." Taeyeon said as soon as she managed to get into the nurse' station. "The patient's still in the operating room ma'am." The nurse said and without waiting any further, Taeyeon ran towards the operating room with all her might.

"E-Excuse m-me, I'm l-looking for a girl that just arrived here." Sunny said while trying to catch her breath. Getting what Sunny meant, the nurse nodded her head as she pointed the way towards the operating room. 

"T-Thank you." Sunny said as she dashed off to catch after Taeyeon.

Finally reaching near the operating room, Sunny immediately stopped when she saw Taeyeon crouching on the floor at the corner of the operating room. 

She can't help but to worry about her friend who seemed to be more than just  devastated. Walking towards Taeyeon, Sunny grabbed both of Taeyeon arms and helped her up. 

Sobbing, Taeyeon let Sunny lead her towards the nearby benches and as soon as she sat down, Taeyeon covered her face with the both of her hands as she cried again. 

Sunny can only sigh. 

You still love him, don't you? Sunny thought but insead kept mum as she don't want Taeyeon to feel bad. 

Heaving out a heavy sigh, Sunny rubbed Taeyeon's back in hopes to calm her. "Stop crying, it won't do you any good." Sunny said. 

Taking her hands off her face, Taeyeon leaned back against the wall. "Why is this happening?" She asked and Sunny can only look at her with pity. 

"It's my fault." Taeyeon said barely audible and Sunny shook her head. "No, it's not. You did nothing." Sunny said, trying her best to make Taeyeon feel good. 

"I did, Sunny. I'm the reason why inside that operating room. I'm the reason wwhy he's lying there on the operation table, fighting for his life." Taeyeon said, her voice already hoarse and her tear-stained face lifeless. 

"If.." Taeyeon trailed. "If I hadn't said anything hurtful towards him, he wouldn't have driven in that state." She continued. 

"Things happen for a reason, Taeyeon and it wasn't his choice to be inside rhat operating room in the first place. He's a victim, Taeyeon. That truck driver was the one at fault no matter how you look at it and even if you watch that video footage over and over again, Baekhyun's driving safely." Sunny said trying to convince Taeyeon even when she knew that maybe, Taeyeon's partly at fault too for choosing to hurt Baekhyun.

But who knows? She thought. 

It could be a coincidence for a truck being there and ramming onto Baekhyun's car after the painful 'talk' that happened between him and Taeyeon.

Or.

Maybe, Baekhyun's drunk or too occupied in his thoughts about what happened to him and Taeyeon earlier that day that he didn't see that truck coming making it ram onto his car and thus causing the accident.

She couldn't blame her friend though, in any way, because no matter how she looks at it, Taeyeon's sincerely and remorsefully sorry for breaking Baekhyun'd heart.

"I've tried endured two years, you know?" Taeyeon spoke. "In those two years, I tried to forget him and whatver that happened between us. I really did." Taeyeon added. "And when I came back here I thought I moved on from him, I was confident. But when I saw him again, it felt like something inside me stirred up but my fault was that I ignored it and unconsciously convinced myself that Junsu's the one." She continued. "But, I was wrong. I felt so bad and ashamed to know that it took me a damn accident just to realize that even if I deny him, I would still come back crawling to him no matter what."

"Taeyeon, it's alri-"

"Taeyeon?"

The two looked up. 

"Junsu." Taeyeon said as she and Sunny stood up as soon as they saw Junsu and his parents. "How's Baekhyun? Why are you here?" Junsu asked as he approached Taeyeon and gave her a hug. 

"I.. I don't  know. No one comes out yet." Taeyeon said as Junsu lightlt.pushed her and held her by her shoulders as he looked at her in confusion. Taeyeon's face doesn't just look she's been worried towards Baekhyun. 

She has bloodshot eyes, her make up smudged, her cheeks stained with a terrible amount of tears, her clothes haphazardly worn, her hair sllightly disheveled and her hands shaking like she's in a serious type of dilemma.

It wasn't just a look of someone worrying over a person they weren't close to in the first place, Junsu  knew.

"Why.. Why are you crying over my brother?" Junsu asked and Taeyeon fuund herself frozen. 

What would she tell him when he knew that she wasn't even close to being friends with Baekhyun?

"I.." Taeyeon trailed. 

"You what?" Junsu asked, his eyes sternly questioning her. 

"I.. don't  know."

____________________________________________________________

A/N: PLEASE READ.

Dear readers,

I'm really sorry for not updating regularly. I've been so busy the whole time that I can't even find some time for myself :( just this week I had to make, like, 14 essays and I don't know where to get ideas. I also need to make a handcraft art project and it took me a while to finish it. I also need to review for an upcoming exam. I always try to find time updating but I often fail. I hope you understand it though, I may not be the best author out there but I'm trying my best to responsinble enough. I'm sorry for disappointing and making you wait. *bows* forgive me :(

Also, I'm extending this story into 5 more chapters. 

Thank you for your patience and then again, I'm terribly sorry TT.TT