Chapter 26

Amnesia

"Noona, hello!" Kai cheerfully greeted as soon as he saw Taeyeon walking down the school corridor. "Hello to you too, Kai. Have you seen Baekhyun?" Taeyeon asked almost instantly and Kai chuckled. 

"If I hadn't known you and Baekhyun well enough. I'd think that you hate me, noona." Kai said with a grin and Taeyeon raised her brows giving the latter a questioning look. "You always look for him noona, each and everytime you greet me." Kai explained and Taeyeon blushed as she smiled sheepishly. 
Am I? She asked herself. 

"It's a good thing though, it means you really like him." Kai said with a sincere smile. "And to answer your question, I saw hin exiting towards the soccer field." Kai said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "And noona." Kai added. 

"What is it?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Thank you for making ny friend smile. " Kai sincerely said and Taeyeon sniled as she nodded her head. "I'd like to thank you for being a good friend too." She said. 
"It's my pleasure, noona." Kai said and gave Taeyeon a bow before excusing himself to leave. Nodding her head, Taeyeon greeted the latter goodbye to start searching for Baekhyun.  

Arriving at the soccer field, Taeyeon saw a shadow resting behind one of the bleachers. A small smile crept on her face as she stealthily walked towards the shadow and saw the owner of it facing away from her, taking it as a chance, Taeyeon knelt behind the person and engulfed him into a tight hug. "Baekhyun-ssi, what are you doing here? Isn't it already lunch?" Taeyeon asked after taking a seat in front of him and giving him a worried look making the latter smile a little. 

"I'm fine." Baekhyun said. "J-Just a bit tired. T-That's all."

"Then why are you avoiding my eyes?" Taeyeon asked, her gaze fixed on him making the latter fiddle on his seat. "I'm not." He said, lifting his head up to glance at her before looking back down again making Taeyeon sigh. 

"Then what's wrong? Did I do something wrong? Are you mad at me?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun instantly looked up and shook his head. "N-No, you're not." He answered and Taeyeon raised her brows. "Then what?" She asked with a worried tone. 

"Remember what I told you about my parents?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Yes, is it about them?" She asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "It's not actually about them but, it's about my brother." Baekhyun said making Taeyeon look at him questioningly. 

"What's with your brother?" She asked knowing how close the two were, she never get to know his brother's name and face yet but everytime she hears Baekhyun speak about his brother, Taeyeon can't help but to adore how much the latter looks up to the older one. 

It's unsual for siblings to be like that, especially for a step brother.

"I.. kind of.. told him about us?" Baekhyun said, cautiously watching and waiting for Taeyeon's outburst or either a statement of disappointment but no, the latter looked at him with calm eyes making him more confused than ever. 

"So?" He asked. 

"So?" Taeyeon asked back.

"You don't mind?" Baekhyun asked. "I mean, if this gets out we'll--" 

"Hey." Taeyeon said before reaching out to him, her palms resting on his cheeks. "You told me that you trust your brother enough with your secrets and so far he hasn't done anything that will harm you or hurt you yet, right?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Then I don't see what's wrong." She said with a smile and Baekhyun sighed. "Aren't you disappointed that I told someone else, about us?" He asked and Taeyeon smiled before pinching his cheeks and letting go of it. "I actually feel the other way." She said, a blush creeping up her cheeks. 

"The other way?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I don't mind if you tell your brother about us. You know what? It's enough proof for me to say that you're proud to have me and I'm glad." Taeyeon said, her cheeks growing redder by the second. "So you mean, you're glad because it just shows that I'm proud to have you?" He asked and Taeyeon chuckled. "You just repeated what I said but yes, I'm glad you told him about us. I mean, hey, he's family and you wouldn't just introduce just anyone to them." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled before reaching out to hold her hand, he gently squeezed it. 

"You're not just anyone." He said. "And if given the chance, not only I would tell my brother about us but I'll definitely tell each and everyone I know that you're mine." He said before giving her a wink making Taeyeon laugh. "Thank you for ruining that romantic moment." She said and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"Just hang in there, alright? We'll be free soon enough." He said with a grin and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I wouldn't have this any other way." She said and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"The same goes for me.”

 

“Should we go for a date this weekend?” Baekhyun suddenly asked out out of the blue. They were inside Taeyeon's apartment, watching a movie that Taeyeon randomly picked. They just got back from school and Taeyeon asked for the latter to stay for a movie which Baekhyun gladly agreed and now, after an hour of cuddling and silence, Baekhyun spoke up. “Where would we go?” Taeyeon asked, lifting her head up from his chest, Baekhyun on the other hand didn't remove his arm from her shoulders. 

“I don't know, let's go for a drive and see where it would lead us.” He said with a grin and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “That sounds more like eloping than going on a date.” She stated mindlessly before resuming to rest her head on his chest when Baekhyun chuckled. “Oh, eloping. Are you planning to marry me? Taeyeon-ssi?” Baekhyun teased making Taeyeon lift her head up and give him an incredulous look. “I never said that.” She defended and Baekhyun laughed. 

“But you do know where eloping would lead to, right? So, would you marry me? Taeyeon-ssi?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon glared him. “If you're going to propose to me like this in the future, then I think I'll say no.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun gasped. 

“What?!” He faked surprise. “Wow, I was just teasing you about it but it seems like you're serious.” He said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows looking at him questioningly. Baekhyun cleared his throat, “You're already thinking of my proposal.” He whispered loud enough for Taeyeon to hear and as soon as the latter did, lher face instantly  became red. “No~.” She whined and Baekhyun chuckled before landing a peck at the side of her head. 

“Don't worry, I'm not going to propose to you like that. It'll be grand.” He said and Taeyeon can't help but to smile upon hearing his words. “You deserve the best.” He said, landing a peck on her lips this time making Taeyeon smiled. 

I'll never get tired of him, she thought.

“I have an idea.” Baekhyun spoke up. 

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Pack your bag.” 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: UPDATE! 

Guess what they're going to do~ I apologize for not updating for the past few days everyone, a lot of things came up but hopefully I'll be able to post regularly again.Today is Sehun's birthday *throws confetti* and I share the same birth date as him so happy birthday to me *cries* this author is getting old. I remember starting writing back three years ago, I was like... fourteen at that time? *wails loudly* I'm old. 

But ignore my randomness, please. It's just an effect of me getting old. 

Thank you for reading! *runs away with my cake*