Chapter 33

Amnesia

'Taeyeon-ah, are you going to be busy later? Maybe we can have a date somewhere.'

'Taeyeon-ah, where are you?' 

'I'm right in front of your door. Open up please?'

'Taeyeon?'

It was the last message he sent to her the past few days. Their relationship is slowly beginning to get blurred to Baekhyun. Taeyeon rarely answered his calls and his messages, and the last time they had been on a date was the night he dragged her out of the place they were supposed to have dinner with. 

He kept thinking that maybe Taeyeon felt scared of going out with him, and he beats himself over and over because of it. He never wanted Taeyeon to be like that or feel like that in the first place but what can he do? Taeyeon was right. 

It looked like it was only his parents that he doesn't want to disappoint, and not her, the woman he claims he's in love with.

Throwing his phone on the bed, Baekhyun walked towards his closet and grabbed some clothes to change into. One more day without Taeyeon will make him crazy. 

“Taeyeon, open up. It's me.” Baekhyun said as he kept knocking on the door silently praying for Taeyeon to at least answer him, not long after, Taeyeon opened the door with a confused look on her face. “Why are you here?” Taeyeon asked her voice somewhat surprised and Baekhyun hugged her instead of giving her an answer. 

“Baekhyun, answer me. Why are you here?” She asked, lightly pushing him away to look at him. “I just miss you, I.. we rarely spend time together anymore. I'm going crazy Taeyeon, I don't know.. I--” 

“Hey.” Taeyeon called instantly stopping his blabbering. “Yes?” He asked, slowly pulling away from the hug upon noticing Taeyeon's reaction towards him. “I'm sorry.” She said immediately said and Baekhyun saw guilt in her eyes and the first thing that came into his mind was.. 

Is Taeyeon really cheating on me? 

“It's alright, it's my fault after all. But please don't distance yourself away from me? I'm really going to be crazy.” Baekhyun said as he hugged her again and Taeyeon hugged him back. But this time,  it wasn't like any of the hugs she gave him before, it wasn't warm, it wasn't as tight as before and instead of asking her what's wrong, Baekhyun masked his disappointment and fear thinking that what's important right at the moment was Taeyeon and only Taeyeon. 

“Have you had dinner? Where were you the past few days?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon looked down before taking a deep breath and looking back at him again. Baekhyun, all the while, stared at her, anticipating for her answer. 

“I.. was out with a friend. I actually had dinner already.” She said with a weak smile and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Alright.” He said and Taeyeonlooked at him questioningly. “Have you eaten already?” Taeyeon asked worriedly, and just like that, because of Taeyeon's worried voice, Baekhyun instantly forgot every doubt and disappointment he has for her.

“So?” Taeyeon asked. “I actually haven't.” He said and Taeyeon chuckled before gently patting his cheek. 

“What do you wa--” 

“Let's just stay like this.” Baekhyun said, tightening his hug and Taeyeon's waist and the latter understood. “Are you sure?” Taeyeon asked and felt Baekhyun nod on her shoulder. Heaving out a sigh, Taeyeon reached out to his back and gently patted it. She can't help but feel guilty towards the latter, she can see all his efforts to keep her and yet all she did was make it hard for him. 

"Don't leave me, alright?" Baekhyun asked out of the blue and instantly, Taeyeon stopped patting his back like she was surprised with his request and right at that moment, Baekhyun felt like Taeyeon already drifted far apart from him that she even hesitates about leaving him or not. 

"O-Of course.." She answered but he knew that there was something she wasn't telling him. 

Was he a fool to let Taeyeon lie to him? He thought. 

But then it's better to have a part of her than nothing at all, his heart said. 

“Tell me about that friend of yours.” He suddenly said mentally slapping himself in the process upon realizing how stupid it sounded right now. Pulling away, Baekhyun heaved out a sigh and frowned but the latter in front of him didn't notice it.

Right, hurt yourself even more. He thought. 

“He's just a friend that came somewhere far, we actually haven't seen each other for years and we're kind of catching up the past few days. Sorry for neglecting you.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. Taeyeon used to tell him everything even if he asked just simple question but now, Taeyeon didn't even bothered to tell him anything about her friend besides from coming somewhere far and haven't seen for years.

“Okay.” He answered and the sigh of relief coming from Taeyeon didn't go unnoticed to him. “I understand.” He added and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. “You won't leave me right?” He asked and Taeyeon smiled a little before shaking her head. 

“My heart's always with you.” She said.

And that's enough to make him fall for her over again. 

 

 

“So she technically didn't tell you anything about that friend?” Kai asked as he slumped himself over Baekhyun's bed. “No, she just said that, that friend came from somewhere far away and they hadn't seen each other for quite a while.” Baekhyun answered while folding his clothes on the floor. 

“And you seriously believe that?” Kai asked as he sat up and Baekhyun raised his brows. “What am I supposed to do then?” Baekhyun asked and Kai frowned. “Confront her!” Kai said and Baekhyun sighed. 

“And what? Lose her? Not in a million years that will happen.” Baekhyun said and Kai face-palmed. “I never know you'll be this stupid considering where you stand in the school's ranking.” Kai muttered and Baekhyun managed to hear it but chose it ignore it instead.

“Taeyeon won't do anything that will hurt me.” He told Kai, or more like himself. 

“And yet she's been neglecting you for days just because of that 'friend'.” Kai said quoting the last word and he knew he pushed the right button upon seeing Baekhyun pausing from what he's doing.

“Like what she said, that friend came from somewhere far. They basically haven't seen each other for years, they're just catching up.” He reasoned out and Kai shrugged his shoulder. 

“Just don't come crying to me when I proved myself right.” 
 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Keep on guessing who Taeyeon's friend is *evil laugh* But I'll give you a hint. 

It's a K! *laughs again*

Thanks for reading everyone *bows*