Chapter 1

Amnesia

3 Years Ago.. 


"Good morning Mrs. Jang. How are your flowers today? It looks like it's newly blossomed." 

Baekhyun heard his older brother said as soon as the old lady in front of them named Mrs. Jang let them in inside her fron lawn. "Gracious, you always ask about my flowers first." The old lady complained jokingly. "It's nothing like that Mrs. Jang." Baekhyun's older brother politely defended making the younger one smile, it was one of his brother's characters he looks up to the most. 

"So what took you here this early morning?" The old lady asked with anticipation. 

"My brother and I were asked to bring these cookies to you by our mother, Mrs. Jang. She said that she cannot forget how you always compliment her and her cookies." The older guy said before giving the old lady a small paper bag that contains a box of baked cookies inside. 

"Thank you, Junsu. Please tell your mom that I appreciate your effort and oh, congratulations to your brother here. I heard from my son that you're on top of class." The old lady complimented Baekhyun making him smile. 

"Ah, thank you Mrs. Jang but I wouldn't be able to study well if it wasn't for my hyung." Baekhyun grinned as Junsu ruffled his brother's hair. "Aigoo, it's so adorable to see that two of you getting along really well." The old lady said knowing about the boys' past especially Baekhyun. 

"Of course, Mrs. Jang. I've always wanted a brother and the heavens gave me one. I'm really thankful." Junsu said with a big smile before hanging his arms around his brother's shoulder making the old woman chuckle. "It's hard to find such bonds between brothers nowadays, look after each other and never drift apart." The old lady said as she gently patted both of Baekhyun and Junsu's forehead. 

"We won't Mrs. Jang." Junsu answered before giving a bow. "We will leave now Mrs. Jang. Mother's waiting for us." Baekhyun said and the old lady nodded her head with smile. "Sure, be safe and tell your mother that I said thank you." The lady said as she watched the two go out of the wooden gates and turn around the corner of the street. 

Shaking her head, the lady closed her gates with a smile on her face. 

 

 


"Hyung, do you think I'm making father proud enough?" Baekhyun suddenly asked out of nowhere with a frown, it didn't go unnoticed to the latter whose arms are around him while they were walking down the street. "Hey, why are you thinking about that? Of course, father's proud of you." Junsu answered hoping to ease his brother's worry. 

Baekhyun sighed. 

"Hey." Junsu called as soon as he heard Baekhyun. The latter looked up.

"If you're thinking that what are you doing now is not enough to make our father proud, then you're wrong. What more could he ask for? You're not like any typical fifteen your old. You're not that hormonal teenager who skips school, goes home late and stays at the arcade all day without even bothering if your parents are worried about you. Come on, you're better than that and father's proud to have a decent son like you. You know what? I can see the twinkle in his eyes when he found out that you're on top of class." Junsu said as he lightly bumped their shoulders making Baekhyun chuckle and shake his head. 

"Really hyung?" He asked Junsu nodded his head. "He's proud to have Baek, he's just not so good with emotions." Junsu said as he laughed. "What about umma?" Baekhyun asked and Junsu laughed. "You know that she's the one who expresses her feelings the most." Junsu said with a grin making Baekhyun chuckle and nod his head. 

"You're right hyung, I'm jsut so embarassed when she told all her friends about me." Baekhyun said as he covered his face making Junsu laugh. "What?" He asked before shaking his head. "I'm glad you're not any of those two." Baekhyun muttered and Junsu tried his best to suppress his laughter but failed. 

"Hyung, are you hiding something from me?" Baekhyun asked when he noticed his brother's actions. "What? No." He said before covering his mouth with his fist making the latter look at him suspiciously. "Hyung." He said with a serious tone. 

"Okay, okay. I might have told my school mates about it, and the ones that were on my license exam..." Junsu trailed and Baekhyun's eyes widened. "What?" He asked in disbelief and Junsu smiled sheepishly. 

"I'm just proud of you." Junsu said with a grin before ruffling his brother's hair and dashing away as soon as he got sight of their home. "Hyung!" Baekhyun shouted as he chased after his brother.

 

 

 

"I got my license!" Junsu shouted as soon as he burst into the front door. Hearing his brother's voice on the other hand, Baekhyun ran to him and hugged his brother tight as a sign of congratulating him. 
 

"I know you'll pass the exams." Their father calmly said making Junsu frown. "Can't you be more enthusiastic?" Junsu said with a pout and the man punched his shoulder followed by a chuckle. '"Of course, I'm proud of you." The man said with an awkward grin making both Baekhyun and Junsu burst out laughing. "Aigoo, these two bullying their father again." They heard their mother said as soon as she got out of the kitchen with the spatula still in her hands. 
 

"It's not like that umma." The two defended in chorus making the old lady chuckle. "I know, I know. Junsu, go change and go back here. I cooked your favorite meal.Baekhyun, help me prepare in the kitchen please." The old lady said and Junsu's face immediately lit up like a christmas tree. "Sure umma!" Junsu said as he dashed upstairs making Baekhyun chuckle. "Okay, umma." Baekhyun answered afterwards. 

 

 

 

"Hyung, I'm hungry." Baekhyun said as soon as they passed by a food tent. It was already late at night when Junsu decided to take his brother out for a ride in his pick up truck and not wanting to miss the chance of hanging out with his brother, Baekhyun said yes. "What do you want to eat? We can pull over at some restaurant nearby." Junsu said, his eyes still focused on the road. 

"A convenience store food would do, hyung." Baekhyun answered and Junsu raised his brows as he give his brother a glance. "Sure?" He asked and the younger one nodded his head. 

"Sure." Baekhyun answered and as soon as they saw a convenience store in sight, Junsu pulled over and parked his truck. "You go choose whatever you want. I'll pay." Junsu said as soon as they both got out of the truck. "Are you sure? I've brought my money hyung, I can pay." Baekhyun said and junsu shook his head dismissing his brother's offer. 

"No can do, I'll just go to the restroom. Pick whatever you want." Junsu said before going the other way and Baekhyun nodded his head as he entered the store. Picking a few things he likes, Baekhyun was about to go to the counter when he bumped into someone making the things in his arms drop on the floor. 
"I'm sorry." Baekhyun said as he picked the pack of foods up and was about to take the last one when the person who  happened to bump into him kicked the last pack he's about to pick up. "Hey." Baekhyun said as he stood up and saw that it was a student who attends the same school as him. He knew the guy very well, it was the one who bullies him the most. 

"Oh, so it's Byun Baekhyun here." The guy said with a smirk. Baekhyun frowned. 

"Stay away." He said and was about to walk away when the guy blocked him. "Park Chanyeol." He growled and the guy named Chanyeol smirked. "What?" Chanyeol asked sarcastically and Baekhyun can do nothing but to sigh, he doesn't want to pick a fight.

"I see you're afraid. What are you doing here anyways? Shoplifting? Or maybe, your foster parents doesn't have enough to feed you that you're here stealing." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun was about to speak when Chanyeol pushed him by his shoulders. 

"Poor you, depending on the people who's not even related to you by blood." Chanyeol said with a smirk. "I even wonder sometimes how they managed to put up with you. I mean, wow, they must have gotten some patience to take you in." Chanyeol continued and Baekhyun felt the anger inside him rising but nevertheless kept mum. 

"Why are you silent now? It's not like your dark secret's not revealed yet, the whole school knew that the family you're with now is just your foster family." Chanyeol added. "And you're the only one who makes it as a big deal. I never heard anyone judge me just because of that." Baekhyun answered and that was enough to piss the latter off, expecting Chanyeol to errupt, Baekhyun stood there ready to recieve a hit from him when he felt his wrist being pulled back and saw his brother Junsu standing in front of him, his back facing. 

"Don't you dare lay a hand on my brother." Junsu growled and Chanyeol cowered in fear. "I.." Chanyeol trailed, too intimidated by Junsu. "He may not be related to me or my parents by blood but no matter what you said, he is my brother and once I hear you talking trash about him then you can dig up your grave." Junsu threatened and Chanyeol gulped before running away. 

Shaking his head, Junsu turned to his brother and gave him a worried look. "Are you alright?" Junsu asked and Baekhyun forced a smile as he nodded his head. "Thank you for standing up for me hyung." Baekhyun said and Junsu patted his shoulder. 

"Nobody can hurt my brother." 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Raise your hand if you thought Taeyeon was the one who bullied Baekhyun *looks around*

Chapter 1 down! More chapters to go!

Thanks for reading!