Chapter 21

Amnesia

"So your first date was practically a fail." Kai said with a snicker, his eyes focused on the screen in front of him displaing the gane he's playing as the sound of button jabs echoes around the room accompanied with the game's sound effect.

"It wasn't." Baekhyun answered. "It may be from other people's perspective but hearing from Taeyeon that it was a a perfect date is enough for me to think that it is." He added. 

"She said that?" Kai asked and Baekhyun nodded his head, his eyes still focused at the screen in front of them. "She did." He answered. 

"And you believe her?" Kai asked and Baekhyun stopped playing making Kai win the game. "I won!" Kai said but stopped when he saw Baekhyun staring into space. A frown on his face visible.

"What?" Kai asked. "Do you think she lied to me?" Baekhyun asked and Kai chuckled nervously, it's not that he wants Baekhuun to think that the first date he had with Taeyeon was a fail but it's because of his playful nature. He didn't expect his friend to react like that though.

"No, hey no. I  was just teasing you." Kai said and Baekhyun raised his brows. Are you sure?" He asked and Kai nodded his hrad before putting down the console and hanging his arms around his friend's shoulder. 

"Yes, trust me." Kai said. "Besides, you got your second date right? That means she like the first one so she's giving it another shot." Kai said with a grin. 

"What if she did that because I failed the first one and she only believes in second chances?" Baekhyun asked and Kai knocked Baekhyun's forehead with his free hand.

"She seriously won't date you anymore if you keep being like that." Kai said, annoyance evident at the tone of his voice.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop." Baekhyun said and Kai let go of him.

"So? Any plans for the second one?" Kai asked and Baekhyun grinned. 

"I have." He nswered. "Can I ask you something?" Kai suddenly said out of the blue.

"Sure, what is it?" Baekhyun asked. "About the incident that had happened between you and Chanyeol. Did your parents know already?" Kai asked and Baekhyun flexed his jaw, it didn't go unnoticed to the latter. 

"I.." He trailed. 

"They actually haven't talked to me about it yet." Baekhyun said and Kai raised his brows. "They didn't scold you for it?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"They didn't actually bring that topic out yet." Baekhyun said and Kai raised his brows. "Shouldn't you take the initiative then?" Kai asked and Baekhyun looked at him questioningly.

"What? Why?" He asked. 

"Well, the school should have called them by now. Don't you think?" Kai asked. 

"Yes, but they-"

"Talk to them." Kai urged. 

"What? No." Baekhyun said and Kai sighed. 

"The school should have called them by now and I think they're just waiting for you to come out clean to them. Don't disappoint them even more." Kai said. 

"But--"

"No can do, go down and talk to them." Kai said as he kept pushing Baekhyun lightly away. 

"Why should I do that?" He asked, and Kai sighed. 

"Don't disappoint them even more. They're probably waiting for you to come out clean to them." Kai explained. 

"But--"

"No buts. I'm sure Taeyeon noona would like you to do that too, after all if she finds out that you're an honest son then.. that scores more for you." Kai said while bouncing his brows up and down making Baekhyun chuckle. 

"Whatever." Baekhyun said as he prepared to stand up.

"Oh my god, you're already whipped." Kai said while shaking his head. 

"What? Why?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Just one mention of Taeyeon noona and you're already on your feet ready to obey me." Kai said while waving his arms like a king making Baekhyun shake his head. 

"Whatever, I'm just being a good son." 

 

 

 

"Hey." Taeyeon greeted as soon as she picked the incoming call up. "Hey, Taeyeon-ssi." The person on the other on the other line greeted teasingly. 

"One more word from you and I won't go anymore." Taeyeon threatened. "Oh, no. I'm just joking." Baekhyun said almost immediately.

"Good, what made you call me?" Taeyeon asked, a smile visible on her face. "Well, one is because I'm checking on you for our date later." Baekhyun said. "Two?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Two, is because I miss you." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon laughed. "Cheeseball." She answered and heard Baekhyun chuckle in the other line. 

"Don't you miss me?" He asked and Taeyeon felt her cheeks hurt from smiling too much. "No." She answered, trying to stop herself from smiling. 

"Ouch." Baekhyun said then groaned like he's in terrible pain. "What happened?" Taeyeon asked worriedly upon hearing it. 

"My heart." He said making Taeyeon sigh and face palm. "Seriously?" She asked faking her annoyance as Baekhyun on the other hand faked his sobs. 

"I miss you but you don't miss me." He said while still faking his sobs and Taeyeon had to suppress a chuckle.

"Fine, I miss you too." Taeyeon said, her cheeks inevitably turning red. "It's forced." Baekhyun whined. 

"Okay, I miss you too." She sweetly said and Baekhyun had to grin at that.

"I miss you more." He answered. "We really need to stop, my fingers are curling already." She said with a chuckle. 

"So I have an effect on you, huh?" Baekhyun teased.

"No." Taeyeon answered. "Stop teasing me." Taeyeon whined. 

"Okay, I'll stop. I'll pick you up at four, alright?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled sensing how Baekhyun was looking forward to seeing her. 

"Yup, see you." Taeyeon said as she hang up the call.

I can't wait for our date too, she thought.

____________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!