Chapter 53

Amnesia

"N-No, there actually isn't anything that we're hiding from you." Chanyeol immediately defended. "As you see, Kai's really like that." He added.

"But why does it feel like you're hiding something?" Baekhyun asked and Kai shook his head. "It's just you." Kai answered and Chanyeol nodded his head agreeing with the latter.

"He's right, these kids are really like this." Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head agreeing with her. "Look, why don't you talk to Chanyeol first and I'll treat noona some coffee at the cafeteria for my apology. Does that sound good?" Kai asked.

"But-"

"Great." Kai said with cutting Baekhyun off before he can completely react. "Chanyeol, wait for us here. We'll get you coffee too." Kai said before smiling at Taeyeon and taking his leave.

"Do you want me to buy you anything?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun smiled as she shook his head.

"No, thank you noona." Baekhyun said with a smile. "Are you sure? You haven't eaten yet. I'm betting you want something, come on." Taeyeon encouraged.

"Anything will do, noona." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head. "I'll get you that anything then." She joke before leaving the room.

Walking down the corridor, Taeyeon stopped when she saw Kai standing inside the lift with his hand pressed against a button.

Gulping the invisible lump on , Taeyeon walked inside the lift and stood behind Kai as the door slowly closed.

After feeling like being stuck for forever which was like really less a minute inside the lift, Kai stepped out as soon as the doors opened.

Looking around for a vacant seat, Kai left Taeyeon trailing behind him and as soon as they sat down, Kai wasted no time.

"So." He started. "What are you doing here Taeyeon noona?" Kai asked and Taeyeon can sense the hostility in his voice even when she knew that the latter is trying to be as gentle and calm as he can.

"I-I'm the one that's supposed to look after him." Taeyeon said.

"Bu.." Kai trailed trying his best to stop himself from cursing the person that's in front of him. "You do know that you're long done with him right? He hurt you and he realized that but you left him noona and he was broken. You left. It was over." Kai said, proposely making the latter remember her mistakes and Taeyeon looked down.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Sorry?" Kai asked, sarcasm clearly evident at the tone of his voice. "You should have seen how broken he is and then think if your sorry is enough." Kai added.

"We both know that Baekhyun made a mistake, he pushed you away and even hurt you and your feelings but we also both know that he's still naive that time so why? Why leave him broken and alone then come back slapping him with the fact that you're now dating his brother and is planning to marry him? Do you really want Baekhyun to suffer?" Kai asked and Taeyeon kept shut.

Kai's right.

"Answer me noona." He demanded.

"I.. I don't know. I was scared okay? I was scared that if I come back to him things will just repeat and we'll both suffer. So I left, and then I met Junsu. I found comfort in him until I found out that he's Baekhyun's older brother. It was too late. Junsu wanted me to marry him." Taeyeon explained.

"So what are you planning now?" Kai asked. "Cause I won't let you hurt my friend over again and thinking of it now, it's much better that Baekhyun doesn't remember you." He added.

It was harsh, yes. But it is reality.

Taeyeon thought.

"I know, Kai. I think it's best for not to remember anything and I know that you're probably blaming me for what had happened but I just wanted to tell you that I do love Baek-"

"That's crap noona! Stop telling me that you love him when you slapped him with the fact that you're never planning on taking him back!" Kai burst as he slammed the and Taeyeon looked down, not really liking the unwanted attention.

 "Look where he is now! Look where you have brought him and tell me if it's still love that almost made him die!" Kai said, rising up on his seat and so as the tone of his voice. Ashamed, Taeyeon bowed her head down.

"Excuse me." A voice interrupted them.

"What?" Kai asked the security personnel that was standing a few steps away from them.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but I think you two should continue your business somewhere else. You're disturbing the people here." The man said and Kai sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"We're done anyway." Kai said as he kicked the chair behind him and walking away. Flinching, Taeyeon composed herself and looked up only to meet the man's worried eyes.

"Ma'am are you alright?" He asked and Taeyeon forced a smile.

"I am." She answered.

"Do you need me to repor-"

"No, no. It's alright. I actually know him, it's just..." Taeyeon trailed. "I've him and his friend wrong that' s why he's being like that." She continued.

"Are you sure?" The man asked.

"Yes, thank you for the concern but I'll keep going." Taeyeon said as she gave the man a bow before leaving.

 


"I'm back." Taeyeon announced a sshe entered Baekhyun's room. Looking around, Taeyeon noticed that Baekhyun was already back to sleeping and that Kai was nowhere to be found leaving Chanyeol alone sitting on the couch beside Baekhyun's bed with his arms crossed, fully wide awake.

"H-Hey.." Taeyeon greeted awkwardly when she saw Chanyeol looking at her wuth a stoic face. "Hey there, noona." Chanyeol greeted and Taeyeon cleared .

"I see he's sleeping now. The coffee will get cold, you should just take i-"

"Can we talk?" Chanyeol suddenly asked and Taeyeon had to  mentally slap herself for coming back.

Here comes another one, she thought.

"Okay." She answered as she went out of the door and Chanyeol followed.

"W-What is it that you want to talk about?" Taeyeon asked as soon as Chanyeol closed the door to Baekhyun's room.

"I know this seems impossible noona, especially for you but.." Chanyeol trailed.

"But?" Taeyeon asked.

"Please take Baekhyun back."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:This was supposed to be posted long ago but I don't know why I can't update using my phone. I'm sorry readers, this author is getting cranky.

Next chapter's halfway done~