Chapter 2

Amnesia

"Umma, Appa!" Junsu called as soon as he entered the house. Hearing their son's voice, both Junsu's parents came down the stairs and greeted him warmly.

"What's with the call?" His mother asked in confusion. Grinning, Junsu lifted the paper he's holding up in front of his parents. "I finally got the college admission I applied to in the States. I'm going to study there!" Junsu said excitedly and both his parent's faces brightened. 

"Really? You passed the admissions?!" His father asked in disbelief and Junsu nodded his head,the grin on his face never faltered. "We're so proud of you." His mother said with tears b around her eyes knowing that the admission Junsu had meant for him to leave his home. 

"Eyy, I'll be fine umma." Junsu said with a smile. "By the way,  where's my brother?" He asked and the two chuckled. "He's up in his room, he's studying." His mother answered and Junsu nodded his head. "I'll show him this." He said while waving the paper. 

"Alright then, I know only you can go to his room when he's studying." His mother said with a chuckle and Junsu nodded his head as he kissed both of his parent's cheeks. "I'll be back." He said before running upstairs. 

"Hey, are you busy?" Junsu asked as soon as he finished knocking at Baekhyun's bedroom door. Stepping in inside his brother's room, Junsu saw his brother sitting at his study table. His eyes focused intently on the book in front of him while his hand turned the pages, his other hand, meanwhile, was used for writing notes.

"Baek." Junsu called and hearing his brother's name, Baekhyun immediately stopped what he's doing and spun his chair around. "Hyung." He said with a big smile, but if it was another person besides his brother, Baekhyun may have already shouted at them for disturbing him. 

That's how close they are. 

"Are you busy?" Junsu asked before closing the door gently before taking a step forward, glancing at his work, Baekhyun looked back at his brother and shook his head. "No, hyung. I'm closed to finishing it." He said with a smile and Junsu nodded his head. "Guess what." He said in excitement. "What?" Baekhyun asked slightly tilting his head to look at the paper he's holding.

"I passed the admissions." He said before showing Baekhyun the paper making the younger one spring from his seat and give his brother a congratulatory hug. "Congratulations, hyung!" He said while staring at the paper in awe because unlike him, Junsu and his studies didn't go well and seeing his brother pursuing his dream to study overseas, Baekhyun felt nothing but proud. 

"Thank you, thank you." He said as he patted his brother's shoulder. 

"Someday, I'll be like you. Hyung." Baekhyun said while still smiling at the paper and Junsu can only smile. 

"Be better than me, Baekhyun. Be better." 

 


"Umma, this is not the face I expected you to give me on this day." Junsu said while looking at his mother who can't stop crying at the airport. It was the day of his departure and he expected his family to be ready to send him off but it turned out different. Especially his mom who was ecstastic to see her son got admitted in a university overseas.

"I know, but still.." His mother defended and Junsu chuckled before engulfing his mother into a tight hug. "I'll be back before you know it." He said and his mother nodded as she wiped her tears away. "Don't forget to call us." She said and Junsu smiled before nodding his head. 

Hearing his flight being called, Junsu hugged his parents for the last time before turning to his brother who was just watching them with sad eyes. "Hey, man up." Junsu said with a chuckle before lightly punching his brother's shoulder, a thing he does to cheer the latter up. 

"Hyung, who will I play sports with?" Baekhyun suddenly asked and the smile on Junsu's face faltered. "I'll be back before you know it." Junsu said trying to cheer himself and his brother up. "You're so unfair, I just realized that it'll only be me delivering those cookies to Mrs. Jang." Baekhyun said with a frown making Junsu laugh. 

"I'll do that once I'm back. Take care of umma and appa for me, okay?" Junsu asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "You don't need to ask but sure, I will." Baekhyun said before hugging his brother for the last time. Taking heavy steps, Junsu entered the airport doors as he waved them goodbye.

 

 

Present time..

"Okay, class dismissed." The teacher announced as soon as the school bell rung. Looking around, Baekhyun noticed his friend packing his things up. "Kai." Baekhyun called and the latter looked up. "What?" Kai asked. 

"Lunch?" Baekhyun asked and Kai nodded his head as he followed his friend. 
It has been three years since they met, it has been three years since Baekhyun's brother, Junsu left too. Baekhyun's already in his senior high days now and he has gotten along really well with Kai. The latter used to bully him too along with Chanyeol but then one day, Kai came up to him and asked him to be friends.

How did they became close? Baekhyun had to thank his brother for that because after a years of being friends, Kai revealed to Baekhyun that Junsu had warned him and Chanyeol not to hurt his brother anymore and just be friends with him and that Junsu's friends are looking after them. Out of fear, Kai agreed and promised and that started their friendship but unlike Kai, Chanyeol stood firm on bullying Baekhyun.

"So, did Junsu hyung contacted you already?" Kai asked as soon as they found a spot inside the school's cafeteria. "Yes, he called us yesterday but he said he's busy so the call ended quickly." Baekhyun said while unwrapping his sandwich. Kai nodded his head. 

"When is he coming back then?" 

"I don't know, he said he's going to take up more classes. He told me that he almost failed one of his subjects." Baekhyun said and Kai frowned. "Does your parents know?" He asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "Hyung asked me to keep it a secret, I understand why he did it though. He doesn't want umma and appa to worry about him so instead of telling them the truth, hyung and I decided to tell them that he's going to take a part-time job there while studying and it might take some time too." Baekhyun said and Kai nodded his head."I hope he's going to pass his subjects this semester then." Kai stated. "That's what I was hoping for too." Baekhyun answered. 

"By the way, have you heard about the interns?" Baekhyun asked and Kai raised his brows. "Interns.. what?" He asked and Baekhyun looked around. "I heard some students gossipping about some interns that are going to be here today. The president took them for some teachers to have assistants." Baekhyun said and Kai chuckled. "Are you turning into one of those students who do nothing but gossip?" Kai asked and Baekhyun frowned. 

"No, it's just that those students were too noisy at the library yesterday and I can't help but to hear their conversation." Baekhyun defended and Kai chuckled again. "I haven't heard about it but oh.. there they come." Kai said with amusement and excitement in his voice as soon as he saw the school president walking past the cafeteria with five people behind her back. 

Watching where the president was walking towards too, Baekhyun can't help but to follow them with his eyes. Not because the president was there, but because the person who was behind the president caught his eyes. 

Is she really an intern? Baekhyun thought as he watched the small petite woman with a blonde hair walking behind the president. About to look away, Baekhyun stopped when the intern he's been staring at looked around and landed her eyes on him and for the first time. 

Baekhyun felt his heart stop.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Tentenenen~! I wonder who that person is *evil laugh*

Thank you for reading and please bear with the late updates >< the author's being abused *cries*

I'll start writing chapter 3 now~ *runs away*